Sport General sport discussion

Come on Luton!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2008, 06:01 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Come on Luton!!!

Shocking performance by Liverpool and Luton deserved the replay!
Old 06 January 2008, 06:06 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Pleased for Luton, they deserved at least the draw and the extra gate receipts at Anfield will do them a world of good

We'll stuff them at home though
Old 06 January 2008, 06:12 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

we outplayed Liverpool completely and deserved to win it really.I totally expect that we are out of the cup now but its the financial reward that is most important at the moment
Old 06 January 2008, 06:21 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

outplayed? deserved to win ? iitanje only made one save in the match and luton scored off an own goal.

can't see a full crowd at anfield for the replay either.
Old 06 January 2008, 06:35 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

LOL Luton outplayed liverpool in all areas of the pitch were much the better passers of the ball had more energy,wanted the game more and made Liverpool look very ordinary.I doubt it will be a full house for the replay but i can guarantee there will be a damn sight more people at anfield than there was today which is what Luton need at the moment
Old 06 January 2008, 06:40 PM
DLP
Scooby Regular

Perfect result for luton,with more money to come from the replay,and the last liverpool wanted was another game.**
Old 06 January 2008, 06:53 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Well done Luton

Atleast the Big 3 got through with ease

Trending Topics

Old 06 January 2008, 07:07 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I don't know what game some people were watching?

Luton were by far the better team and deserved a win.

I see the new England manager was watching at Kenilworth Road. I assume he was scouting for England players from the Luton team. Yet another Premiership side with only a few English players on the pitch, and one of them has ruled himself out of the national side. I wanted Luton to win not just because I live in the town but the very fact that most of the team were British, not like the rent a mob mercanaries from abroad from the Liverpool team.

I was wondering during the match how many high flying foreign players from liverpool would bother to turn up at the ground if they hadn't been paid for 2 months. Not many I guess based on their gutless performance when they're on 50k a week.

Roll on the Anfield and support a true British team with guts and determination, and it won't be Liverpool.
Old 06 January 2008, 07:12 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

I'll be there

oh and hello V
Old 06 January 2008, 11:17 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
I don't know what game some people were watching?

Luton were by far the better team and deserved a win.

I see the new England manager was watching at Kenilworth Road. I assume he was scouting for England players from the Luton team. Yet another Premiership side with only a few English players on the pitch, and one of them has ruled himself out of the national side. I wanted Luton to win not just because I live in the town but the very fact that most of the team were British, not like the rent a mob mercanaries from abroad from the Liverpool team.

I was wondering during the match how many high flying foreign players from liverpool would bother to turn up at the ground if they hadn't been paid for 2 months. Not many I guess based on their gutless performance when they're on 50k a week.

Roll on the Anfield and support a true British team with guts and determination, and it won't be Liverpool.
you making yerself out to be a xenophobe, or just hate LFC ? probably both, re-read your post. maybe you should look at human rights legislation and freedom of employment.

for the record, take a look here, shows it was a close game, reds hardly outplayed tho.

Sky Sports | Football | Match Report | Luton v Liverpool - 6th January 2008

Hatters off with their beggin caps asking for funds when the club can only blame itself for being mismanaging the situation. Embarrasing stuff.
Old 07 January 2008, 12:31 AM
WR 1mposter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ash1
Embarrasing stuff.
I'm afraid i have to agree with you !

LFC certainly are

3 games 3 draws, a manager who is engineering his own demise, and the ownership possibly wanting to sell .

LFC a club in turmoil is what 5 live quoted today !
Old 07 January 2008, 07:18 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought Newell and Redknapp were rather outspoken, if somewhat bang on the money

I think all those people in the "Benitez solidarity march" a couple of months back were Utd fans, I'm all for it, please don't sack him for at least another 10 years
Old 07 January 2008, 08:05 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR 1mposter
I'm afraid i have to agree with you !

LFC certainly are

3 games 3 draws, a manager who is engineering his own demise, and the ownership possibly wanting to sell .

LFC a club in turmoil is what 5 live quoted today !
you tried reading what I posted or just the last two words. Education system must be a lot worse than what I thought.
Old 07 January 2008, 12:52 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

you making yerself out to be a xenophobe, or just hate LFC ? probably both, re-read your post. maybe you should look at human rights legislation and freedom of employment.

for the record, take a look here, shows it was a close game, reds hardly outplayed tho.

Sky Sports | Football | Match Report | Luton v Liverpool - 6th January 2008

Hatters off with their beggin caps asking for funds when the club can only blame itself for being mismanaging the situation. Embarrasing stuff.
Perhaps you hadn't noticed but the English team along with all the other 'home' sides, have not qualified for the Euros this year. Maybe you should read Blatter's thoughts on the situation when he advocates limiting the number of foreign players in any league team. What does he know though?

I'll say it again, Luton played their socks off, and were the better team on the night and should have won. Not one prima donna 130k a week man in the team either. And for the record I don't support Luton FC.

Embarrassing stuff indeed when a massive Premiership team with a very expensive squad of 60 players cannot beat a team leagues lower, with a capacity crowd of 12k whose wages for the whole team probably amount to less than the wages of one Liverpool player.

To pick up your final point, yes the education system must be worse than you thought when someone can't even spell embarrassing properly.
Old 07 January 2008, 03:30 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Not being funny Nutta, but isn't that the nature of the FA cup ?? small teams day out against the big boys ? the FA Cup has got a tradition of upsets.

Not sure if Blatter can force through employment restrictions, he may able to limit the number of non EU players tho. Maybe you should turn your thoughts to Arsenal, notice they dont get a mention.

as for Luton, maybe if they had installed a plastic pitch and banned away fans they might have pulled it off eh

p.s. thanks for the spelling tip, and well done for not tripping up on the word yourself, tho guessing you had to double check before posting.
Old 07 January 2008, 04:06 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You leave Arsenal out of this there are enough whingers on here who blame us for a **** national team

The FA cup is always about upsets and Arsenal have had a few unfortunately.

Sepp blatter is a senile old Swiss man who is trying to break European working rules.
Old 07 January 2008, 06:11 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Clearly Ash wasnt at the game yesterday and therefore couldnt see how well Luton moved off the ball creating openings left right and centre.He obviously wasnt watching Drew Talbot running rings round Carragher and Riise.End of the day Liverpool were made to look very ordinary by a team who cost less to put together than Peter Crouch is worth on his own.I suggest you actually go to a game Ash and actually support your team instead of being an Armchair fan (probably lives in Devon or somewhere )

I hope we do the impossible and beat Liverpool at Anfield
Old 07 January 2008, 06:27 PM
robbie09
Scooby Regular

outplayed? deserved to win ? iitanje only made one save in the match and luton scored off an own goal.

i went to the game typical FA cup game thats what its all about
but i expect an LFC win now lol

im not going to the replay and most i spoke to after the game more or less said the same having travveled all that way for that perfomance there is no way im paying again lol so it will be intresting to see what the gate will be for this game
Old 07 January 2008, 08:55 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby-tc
Clearly Ash wasnt at the game yesterday and therefore couldnt see how well Luton moved off the ball creating openings left right and centre.He obviously wasnt watching Drew Talbot running rings round Carragher and Riise.End of the day Liverpool were made to look very ordinary by a team who cost less to put together than Peter Crouch is worth on his own.I suggest you actually go to a game Ash and actually support your team instead of being an Armchair fan (probably lives in Devon or somewhere )

I hope we do the impossible and beat Liverpool at Anfield
i've no intention of going to luton thanks, Anfield is where i go. Every dog has its day, except you didn't. Cup shocks happen, look at Blackburn, and Everton to name two.

Tell me how many times have you been in administration? is it two or three times now? 17 charges by the FA for financial irregularities. Shame the board is not as "slick" as your team eh ?
Old 07 January 2008, 09:03 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Everyone ganging up on you ash
Old 07 January 2008, 09:39 PM
Will
BANNED

CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN!
Old 07 January 2008, 11:18 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

outplayed? yes without a doubt, consider the difference in league and also experiance on the pitch. 1.1 result, come on.

one save? yes but also one goal, own goal or not its still a goal.

full crowd? i doubt it.

ash for once will you take off your red coloured blinkers your sounding more like rafa every day, and he's embarrising the club with his comments you just put the bait out for everyone to bite on here and your also one of the biggest biters as well.

If people on here supported there own team as much as they follow others then there would be more full stadiums around the country instead of all the full armchairs.
Old 07 January 2008, 11:33 PM
WR 1mposter
Scooby Regular

you tried reading what I posted or just the last two words. Education system must be a lot worse than what I thought.
The last two words meant more sense

The words above were from a totally bias lfc fan regarding the football

As regard to the Luton in administration totally agree, but that's the chairman and the board, not the team.....would you work, if you call playing football work, for 9 weeks with no pay !
Old 07 January 2008, 11:40 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

would you work, if you call playing football work, for 9 weeks with no pay !
I pay to play every week so yes!!!!! LOL

As a side note, Ash, STFU you dont know what your on about, Oldham beating Everton wasnt a shock, we all knew it would happen hence taking 5500 away fans to Goodison
Old 08 January 2008, 05:19 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

nice fan base too

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Liverpool | Liverpool allege Carragher abuse
Old 08 January 2008, 05:47 PM
WR 1mposter
Scooby Regular

Calm down calm down according to

Liverpool | Jamie Carragher | Launched attack | Luton fans | The Sun |HomePage|News
Old 08 January 2008, 05:57 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Carragher should be used to abusive language and alchohol, a run in with a few Luton fans is nothing compared to a night out with his old man
Old 08 January 2008, 07:49 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

You get this as a your daily morning email ? hmmm, you read the sun, I read BBC. We know about the Sun and LFC, its no surprise the article is somewhat different.
Old 08 January 2008, 09:51 PM
WR 1mposter
Scooby Regular

You get this as a your daily morning email ? hmmm, you read the sun, I read BBC. We know about the Sun and LFC, its no surprise the article is somewhat different.
You should know not to believe the above paper,but it does make more a interesting wind up.

Bit of a times reader meself

Liverpool claim Jamie Carragher was provoked | Liverpool - Times Online
Old 09 January 2008, 01:01 AM
moneys
Scooby Regular

and there we go with the usual personal insults on here, this is the main reason i hardly post in here any more, the insults go from banter to downright disgusting insults that go way to far, grow up people

Quick Reply: Come on Luton!!!