Sport General sport discussion

Billy Davies sacked

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2007, 03:41 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Billy Davies sacked

Bit fickle I feel, done a great job getting them to the Prem and given no back up or funds from the board to help to sustain the position theyre in. Think the killer blow was asking for money from the board publically when we all know they dont have the resources....
Old 26 November 2007, 04:38 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Exactly my feelings Dave, I came in here to post about this and you beat me too it, they have treated him very poorly, he is a very very good manager who lives and breaths the game, Look what he did last season, quite remarkable really considering they're a selling club, it's Derby's loss because when they go back down they won't be coming back up IMHO, makes you think the board accepted the parachute payment scheme before a ball was kicked and were happy to take what they can.

he only asked publically because he was being blanked by the chairman, fair play to him, stood up for himself, but if you do that in football you are usually sacked pretty quickly, hence Beni's claim he wants a truce at Liverpool, we've seen this somewhere before haven't we, too late Beni the damage is done.
Old 26 November 2007, 04:49 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Said the same at work today, got them to the Premiership, favourites to go down, then 13 games in, gets the sack, thats wrong!
Old 26 November 2007, 08:24 PM
DLP
Scooby Regular

Gotta say the winner of the play off final is always going to find it tough to stay in the prem,by the time the final as been played most of the players you would have been after have been bought by your rivals unless you,ve got silly money to throw at it.
The only upside is the parachute payment you get.