Sport General sport discussion

F**king referees

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2007, 05:52 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry F**king referees

It's definitely getting time for referees to be subjected to some form of accountability

How the **** did that useless c*nt Styles get to be in charge of this weekends highest profile match after fecking the United/Reading game up so badly last weekend

Now we've got Chelsea getting a penalty out of nothing, and Michael Essien on two yellows* and still playing

*Yes I know they're now saying it was for Terry, but that's not who he waved the card at
Old 19 August 2007, 06:14 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Short memory didn't Liverpool get a penalty when Gerrard dived last season against Sheffield Utd

P.S Today wasn't a penalty but i don't care how we get them

Last edited by richie001; 19 August 2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old 19 August 2007, 06:29 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Not short Richie Selective

My point wasn't so much about the penalty per se, it was more about the fact that Styles shouldn't have been within a mile of the hallowed turf following his abject performance last week
Old 19 August 2007, 06:43 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Just seen it on the news, not a pen. and none of the Chelsea players seem to appeal, so a bit strange why he gave one, but hey ho!
Old 19 August 2007, 07:05 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

his performance today is criminal and he should not be reffing at this standard of football. comical penalty decison and essien being booked twice. For once I actually agreed with Andy Gray on "Last Word" when he called it farsical.

Chelsea played off the park, 3 efforts on goal, only one on target was the 'penalty'
Old 19 August 2007, 07:18 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ash1
Chelsea played off the park, 3 efforts on goal, only one on target was the 'penalty'
Thats how it goes sometimes
Old 19 August 2007, 07:22 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes that is how it goes and i guess if it was the other way I wouldn't be complaining to be honest
However ...
Old 19 August 2007, 07:23 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

I take the good things I can from the game like Liverppols performance and the great football they played at times

You just can't legislate for decisions like that really ..
Old 19 August 2007, 08:03 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

I dont understand why they can't suspend refs, I know they often do that in major tournaments like Euros or WC.

I'm not one for ref bashing myself, but when I heard Stiles was reffing the game I thought they would be some controversy.
Old 19 August 2007, 09:44 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

if a player makes a bad tackle that is missed by the referee then a panel of judges can look at it, if a referee makes a awful and extremely costly mistake like he did today then HE MUST be made accountable for it and suspended. I say this wether it was against us or not, he is costing clubs points with decisions like that. I payed my money and i dont expect a to55er in black to steal the show.

The yellow card incident just puts the icing on the cake, he was handing out yellows like pieces of candy, TO55ER
Old 20 August 2007, 06:46 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont understand why they can't suspend refs, I know they often do that in major tournaments like Euros or WC.

I'm not one for ref bashing myself, but when I heard Stiles was reffing the game I thought they would be some controversy.
Technically they can, refs performances are monitored and if they continually **** up they get demoted to the Championship for whatever time period the FA deem suitable. Uriah Rennie was demoted about 4 or 5 years ago, I can't recall how long he got down there.

Stiles will be lucky if he makes the Div 2 list after yesterdays farce.
Old 20 August 2007, 08:27 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

what we would really like is for stiles to explain his thoughts around the penalty and the essien double booking, but I doubt if we will get that, he seems to have taken over from Poll in looking to be No1.

I hope he reads the papers today, will get a right slagging off I suspect.
Old 20 August 2007, 12:12 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Tough enough trying to win the league without the Refs screwin ya as well
Old 20 August 2007, 01:04 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

He's been handed a one week ban

Laughable
Old 20 August 2007, 01:43 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

what we would really like is for stiles to explain his thoughts around the penalty and the essien double booking.
My guess is he was thinking "I've got 10 grand on a 1-1 draw - looks like these Chelski tw@ts are never gonna score - better give them a hand".

Suprised lumplard managed to score
Old 20 August 2007, 05:00 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
My guess is he was thinking "I've got 10 grand on a 1-1 draw - looks like these Chelski tw@ts are never gonna score - better give them a hand".

Suprised lumplard managed to score

An Arsenal fan!! dont see many of them on here now a days
Old 20 August 2007, 05:12 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by pauld37
An Arsenal fan!! dont see many of them on here now a days
There's never been that many - It's a lonely old world being a gooner .

Could be worse - could be a Yid - I've only ever seen two on here .
Old 20 August 2007, 06:10 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Thats two too many
Old 20 August 2007, 06:37 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Robbing Styles
All referees enter into matches hoping not to make any mistakes but understanding that they may happen, what none of us want is for any mistake to potentially affect the result of the match.

Yesterday, in mistakenly awarding a penalty, I accept that I may have affected the result of the match and for that I apologise.
That makes it so much better, thanks you totally inept idiot
Old 20 August 2007, 06:48 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
He's been handed a one week ban

Laughable
Surely a player on £100k a week making a mistake in a match that leads to a goal, and not getting a ban, is laughable?

Where do you draw the line?
Old 20 August 2007, 07:21 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Surely a player on £100k a week making a mistake in a match that leads to a goal, and not getting a ban, is laughable?

Where do you draw the line?
For me Styles has always been a bit of a poser, what with the wannabee Waddle look and he's always larged it on the pitch, but if he spent more time concentrating on the game rather than himself, he may not be such a crap ref.

But, I hear what you're saying, it's the devils own job, Steven Gerrard said he wanted an apology from Styles, now how many times does a player call a ref a Fookin this and that, misbehave on the pitch, dirty tackles etc, you never read about the ref saying....

"Oh yes that young Gerrard, you know the one, Stevie G they call him, I think his brother was in Bucks Fizz once, well I had no choice to send him off because he was two footed over the ball, he called me a blind c*nt, can you believe his language!, he ruins our game of football and all those thoroughly decent chaps who paidf to come andsee the entertainment, it spoilt my tea I can tell you, he should be apologising to queen and country the young scallywag"

I saw the goals pull out and the picture on the front is quality, the looks on their faces, especially Gerrard he looked like he was about to take a contract out on him

What with this and the fulham game it may speed up electronic wizardry to help those poor blind c*nts out
Old 20 August 2007, 07:34 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

The game is way too fast for a mid 40? year old to keep up with now a days, they do more running than the players for ***** sake.
They are bound to make "mistakes" that, at the time, seem right to them, because of fatigue.
Old 20 August 2007, 09:14 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

he'll be bricking himself at the next game, it will also be a low key game i suspect until he sorts his act out. big matches need good refs, clattenberg is a decent ref.
Old 20 August 2007, 11:08 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moneys
if a player makes a bad tackle that is missed by the referee then a panel of judges can look at it, if a referee makes a awful and extremely costly mistake like he did today then HE MUST be made accountable for it and suspended. I say this wether it was against us or not, he is costing clubs points with decisions like that. I payed my money and i dont expect a to55er in black to steal the show.

The yellow card incident just puts the icing on the cake, he was handing out yellows like pieces of candy, TO55ER
your right ref's should be made accountable because if Rob Styles hadn't been con by Steven Gerrard last season maybe Sheffield Utd would still be in the premier league
Old 21 August 2007, 06:17 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richie001
your right ref's should be made accountable because if Rob Styles hadn't been con by Steven Gerrard last season maybe Sheffield Utd would still be in the premier league
yawn, you're as bad a maureen, he still hasn't got over the Garcia CL goal at Anfield.

You might want to ask yourself why Rob Styles is giving penalties like the Gerrard and Malouda one. Basic incompetence.
Old 21 August 2007, 08:08 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Thats two too many

Old 21 August 2007, 07:41 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

25 posts and no one mentions making players accountable for their cheating tactics. Refs get one view of an incident..in real time. Everyone makes mistakes, which he admited. None of the players ever admit to cheating and nothing seems to be getting done about it.

The cheating players should also be held accountable, and they should be banned from playing the next game too.

Football is becoming a farce, players constantly trying to cheat the opposition. Millionaires falling over and cheating is not my idea of a sport....in fact as time goes by it winds me up more and more.

This really isn't a ref problem!
Old 22 August 2007, 06:55 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

players are as bad as ref,s and the usual suspects are well known by everyone except the people who can do something about it, the refs!!!!!

the whole system needs looking at as nowadays there is to much riding on each game, for me the main thing is 3 points.
Old 26 August 2007, 02:35 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default Hah

Originally Posted by richie001
If ye was good enough to ever be in this league then 1 'bad' goal would not have saved you, your back where ye belong. Why do united supporters no make that all supporters blame someone else for their demotion when its clearly the manager and the players. Get a life
Old 26 August 2007, 06:56 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scousefly
If ye was good enough to ever be in this league then 1 'bad' goal would not have saved you, your back where ye belong. Why do united supporters no make that all supporters blame someone else for their demotion when its clearly the manager and the players. Get a life
i'm a Chelsea Fan you NUMPTY

Quick Reply: F**king referees