Notices
Sport General sport discussion

Europes Worst Ever Fans

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2007, 08:01 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Europes Worst Ever Fans

clicky

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Liverpool | Reds fans labelled Europe's worst

Discuss
Old 04 June 2007, 08:28 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Gaillard is the biggest **** going, before the final he was praising Liverpool fans when questioned over the Athens security arrangements, stating there had been no specific problems in Istanbul.

He even went on to say “The two groups of supporters have a tradition of good behaviour”.

Him and that other gobsh1te Platini are couple of right t0ssers. There's never been any trouble in Italy has there Galliard ? Didnt a policeman die in Italy recently ? United fans didnt fight home and away in Europe did they ? There was no trouble at Lille or when spurs played in Spain ?
Old 04 June 2007, 08:30 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Popcorn, Check
Comfy chair, Check
Large supply of food and beer, Check
Bullsh*t deflector, Check

Could be here a while
Old 04 June 2007, 04:27 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

If ash says it ain't true, thats good enough for me
Old 04 June 2007, 09:07 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Finally. The myth of the amiable, genial, friendly Scouser, laid to rest.

Alcazar
Old 04 June 2007, 10:39 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

Europes Worst Ever Fans -

I have to agree, when they start singing that Harry Kewell song there shocking . .

Old 05 June 2007, 08:08 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

fellas, get some perspective. If you're stupid enough to believe this t0sser who is covering up UEFA's failings then you're all pretty naeive. Here's some facts :

- Just two years ago, the Liverpool supporters won international acclaim for their exemplary behaviour in Istanbul when not a single Reds fan was arrested.

- Four years before that, they won a special Uefa award for their outstanding behaviour during the Uefa Cup final in Dortmund.

- On February 2 a police officer was killed in Sicily when fans rioted during a derby match between Catania and Palermo. Italian ultra's from both sets of fans caused massive riot.

- On November 24, 2006, a French police officer shot dead a Paris-Saint Germain football fan after being turned on by a mob during racist violence that followed the team's defeat by Israeli side Hapoel Tel-Aviv.

- On Saturday night a referee was attacked on the pitch during an international match between Sweden and Denmark. The game had to be abandoned.

- On September 15, 2004, Anders Frisk was forced to abandon the Champions League match between AS Roma and Dinamo Kiev after he was felled by a lighter thrown from the stands.

- On April 4 this year 12 Manchester United fans ended up in hospital after Italian Ultra hooligans ran riot around the Roma v United Champions League quarter final.

- 25 incidents reported and yet none of them on TV? what are we talking about here, petty crime ??

Any of you who watched Bravo channel last night about the Ultra's in Italy would have been pretty disturbed at whats going on over there. Its full on hooliganism.

Nicking tickets might be one thing, but people being killed at football matches is something else.

Lets hope Sports Minister Richard Caborn can sort these tw*ts out.
Old 05 June 2007, 10:43 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Painful as it is to admit and to put the winding up to one side I actually agree with ash on this one. Liverpool fans are far from blameless but for UEFA again to highlight English fans as the worst when you see everything else that goes on is laughable. There's a vendetta still being waged from the 80's IMHO
Old 05 June 2007, 12:13 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Gaillard . . . ar$e coverer extraordinaire. As Hicks says, he's a clown. UEFA need to sort it out and fast, totally clueless.
Old 05 June 2007, 12:28 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

2 commendations for fans behaviour, I accept as fact.
Surely it's the 23 condemnations for the same clubs fans behaviour in recent years which is what made them statistically the worts behaved fans in Europe...
That's not even taking into account that horrific night 22 years ago in Belgium were more died in one night than in all the above examples put together.

Anyhoo, I only popped back in to see how high the flames were burning...

I take no pleasure in these facts, but as they are facts they are worth mentioning on a bbs. I expect some to defend and some to attack the facts but had Galliard put NATO outside the ground to deter the 23000 "illegal" fans who flew out to Greece from trying to gain entry into the ground it wouldnt have been enough... The behaviour of those masses of fans who went without tickets was a total disgrace.
There were some logistical problems for the Italians building up to the match with flights etc, but even so, they seemed to manage OK? Weird that...
Old 05 June 2007, 01:23 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
2 commendations for fans behaviour, I accept as fact.
Surely it's the 23 condemnations for the same clubs fans behaviour in recent years which is what made them statistically the worts behaved fans in Europe...
That's not even taking into account that horrific night 22 years ago in Belgium were more died in one night than in all the above examples put together.

Anyhoo, I only popped back in to see how high the flames were burning...

I take no pleasure in these facts, but as they are facts they are worth mentioning on a bbs. I expect some to defend and some to attack the facts but had Galliard put NATO outside the ground to deter the 23000 "illegal" fans who flew out to Greece from trying to gain entry into the ground it wouldnt have been enough... The behaviour of those masses of fans who went without tickets was a total disgrace.
There were some logistical problems for the Italians building up to the match with flights etc, but even so, they seemed to manage OK? Weird that...
Think your attitude is very dissapointing, you should work for Platini. Bringing up heysel to score points is cheap.

You dont even know what the 25 incidents are and you've made your mind up.

You should have a look on google and see what the Italian Ultra's get upto nowadays. Some of which were responsbile for the stabbing of Utd fans this CL campaign. Guess you wont though as somehow think you do take great pleasure from whats been said about liverpool.
Old 05 June 2007, 01:35 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

Ash: just standing back a moment, I neither love, nor loathe Liverpool FC.

What has ALWAYS got up my nose is the way the "lovable, amiable Scouser", and "the best fans in the world" have found their way into football folklore, whereas on my THREE visits to Merseyside, (one for each team), I've had AWFUL experiences.

Alcazar
Old 05 June 2007, 02:03 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

ash has never been so wouldn't know
Old 05 June 2007, 02:16 PM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ash1
Bringing up heysel to score points is cheap.
That's the thing about you lot, quick to remove the stains from your past, whilst continuing to fight for 'justice' where you feel you've been wronged; for the 96, for Michael Shields, for UEFA's mishandling of ticketing/security, etc.

I nearly fell off my chair when Mr. Gerrard came out with the following earlier:

"Liverpool fans have travelled round Europe for many years and I cannot remember any trouble."

No justice for the 39?

How surprising.
Old 05 June 2007, 02:23 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Liverpool fans are even proud of the fact they used to rob from any city they visited. Taking all the designer gear from the shops.
Old 05 June 2007, 02:50 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

What would be refreshing would be a Liverpool fan, supporter or better still Manager or Board member to come out and actually say UEFA need to look at this fiasco BUT we are not whiter than white and we need to address our own problems of which we have had many down the years, of which we are aware of, rather than pretending none of it ever happened.

They just cannot admit they have done any wrong at any of the events we are all aware of, that is why you are getting slated Liverpool fans, it's always someone else and not you, that's why no one give you any sympathy, maybe if you started to take responsibility for the mindless factions that exist at your club and took proper strong positive action you may find you'd be looked at in a different light but whilst you still maintain this charade of burying your heads up your own ****'s no ones views will change.

As for Stevie G, I did find it amazing he came out with that utter nonsense, and this is from the club captain, the head burying obviously carries on right to the top, Mr Hicks has also been ill advised, the whole issue is becoming vey embarrassing.
Old 05 June 2007, 02:55 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Fact is Scousers are one of the lowest breeds of chav and therefore to expect any sort of decent behaviour from them is preposterous! they spit when the attempt to speak... speaks volumes I feel
Old 05 June 2007, 05:29 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

STIWS - what you on about here ? think you will find every city has its indifferent societies. You still upset that you got crapped on last year ?

You're all quick to judge on some t0sser who's decided to leak a story to cover his own fat **** without even having a look at this 25 incident report.

fact is you're all pleased with this report as its covering up your own failings as a club, am talking about ManUre and there pathetic behaviour in Europe this year. Clean the **** on your own doorstep first before coming on here pretending to be whiter than white.
Old 05 June 2007, 05:46 PM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

You're all quick to judge on some t0sser who's decided to leak a story to cover his own fat **** without even having a look at this 25 incident report.
It didn't take a dossier for us to note your inexcusable behaviour – we were all aware prior to such.
Old 05 June 2007, 05:49 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Heres a quote from mr platini

"Champions League - Liverpool fans are not the worst behaved in Europe, according to UEFA president Michel Platini.

Platini, contradicting statements attributed to UEFA communications director William Gaillard, told Reuters: "No they are not, it's official, they are not the worst behaved in Europe."

Platini was speaking after a meeting with British sports minister Richard Caborn during which he handed over a report into security problems at last month's Champions League final between Liverpool and Milan.

UEFA had blamed Liverpool fans for causing the majority of the problems before the match, alleging that hundreds of English fans who had no tickets or forged tickets forced their way into the Olympic Stadium in Athens.

Gaillard said Liverpool fans had been involved in 25 incidents at away matches in the last four years making them the worst behaved among followers of clubs in European competition"

I as a Liverpool fan will agree there is trouble caused by a minority of the fans, however no more nor less than other clubs.
Old 05 June 2007, 08:03 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G-STAR
It didn't take a dossier for us to note your inexcusable behaviour – we were all aware prior to such.

Cmon then GSTAR why are we, why dont you comment on behaviour of ManU fans in Europe? why dont you comment on Roma and Lazio Ultras ? why, cos you havent got an idea.
Old 05 June 2007, 09:59 PM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

Cmon then GSTAR why are we, why dont you comment on behaviour of ManU fans in Europe? why dont you comment on Roma and Lazio Ultras ? why, cos you havent got an idea.
As I've mentioned, you have a track record that you feel compelled to repress. It has to be embarrassing when your own 'Captain Marvel' does the same. Again, as I've pointed out, you're happy to campaign for 'justice this' and 'justice that', but you never take responsibility for your vile actions, there's always a third party to blame - pure hypocrisy.

You even thought it clever to taunt Everton for denying them the opportunity to compete in Europe at a time when they were at their best. How humane - murder thirty nine innocent people and then brag about how it stifled the 'enemy'.

I've never said that our fans are whiter than white, nor have I said the same about the Italians, but your self-pity city is utterly stomach-churning.
Old 05 June 2007, 10:45 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Listen to yourself. You talk about hypocrisy and yet your own fans are fighting in the stadiums.

You've got no idea of these previous incidents but you're all for jumping on the bandwagon.

Well pleased to say Platini has apologised for that morons comments and for the fact we are not the worst fans in Europe.
Old 06 June 2007, 11:05 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

25 instances in 4 years with the amount of games we have played is not too bad if you think of the ratio (bearing in mind we have played the maximum amount of games for 2 yrs in the champs league and the qtrs and then round x in the uefa)

What gets me is that nothing is done about the turkish fans, they surely are the worst in the world
Old 06 June 2007, 01:09 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

When I went to cardiff in 2001 for Arsenal v Liverpool FA Cup final, their fans were excellent, good humour and banter, and they even were diplomatic to say sorry for winning the game afterwards as they had been outplayed.
Big thumbs up to 'pool fans from me.

edited [ all comments above exclude ash]

Last edited by Ted Maul; 06 June 2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06 June 2007, 01:45 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Wink

Originally Posted by Ted Maul
When I went to cardiff in 2001 for Arsenal v Liverpool FA Cup final, their fans were excellent, good humour and banter, and they even were diplomatic to say sorry for winning the game afterwards as they had been outplayed.
Big thumbs up to 'pool fans from me.
You've just given Ash a semi on Ted
Old 06 June 2007, 05:10 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

i've edited it