Sport General sport discussion

Hull V Saints

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2007, 11:45 AM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hull V Saints

Anybody watch the game? I thought the saints would walk it???? Also has Gilmour got a magnet on his head which attracts players swinging arms.

Well Done Hull
Old 19 March 2007, 03:06 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

A very dissapointing performance from the best team on the planet Too many missed tackles, a few silly handling errors and lacklustre sets of 6.

Paul Wellens was our only player with on the night who could leave the pitch proud.

Hull kept it really tight, defended well high up the pitch and considering they were missing a couple of key players they did a great job. We always struggle there... Their home crowd always give them an extra boost.

I was fuming at the challenge on Gilmour... For it to go on report meant an official had seen something... If they had seen something then it was beyond obvious that it was a red card. It defies belief that Domic could do something like that, stay on the pitch and score a few mins later The review panel will probably fine him a silly £500 and ban him for one game at worst now... They need to allow the video refs to review challenges like that and award reds and yellows...
Flipside, Pryce gets 10mins in the bin for a silly (but far less sinister incident)...

Not the best start to a season for Saints. We seem to have reverted to the Saints of two seasons ago. Last season losing only 4 games in all competitions, this season, capable of beating the best on the day but now losing to 3 clubs, none of which will be up there for honours at the end of this season...Frustrating...
Old 19 March 2007, 07:01 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Yes it was a cheap shot
Old 21 March 2007, 02:33 PM
TimWRX01
Scooby Regular

Domic got a 2 game ban - he's in my Fantasy RL team so not happy about that.

Hull did deserve to win the game though, we didn't play well and they got it tactically spot on. Their kicking game, which is usually poor (especially without Cooke), was excellent.
Old 22 March 2007, 11:54 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

One of those games is against nonleague limbless wanderers or someone... which he probably wouldnt have played in anyway...
Old 22 March 2007, 10:05 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

A friend of mine plays for Wigan and he brought Nick Fozzard up to our rugby club last year. How big is that guy??? We had guys who are over six foot and he made them look like midgets.

Also any ideas how Saints get around the salary cap I mean Wigan say they struggle and they are not full of superstars
Old 23 March 2007, 04:57 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Its easier at Saints because of the youngsters that come through... They dont get paid big contracts plus the squad size is relatively small... If you look beyond the 17 we rely on the acadamy... DOnt also forget that the rebranding of the saints logo and the town centre shop have been a massive success and have made a good difference to the turnover of the club,along with good cup runs and grand finals etc... So as I think the cap relates to % of turnover, good income, well financed and small squad with only a few really big earners is a good driver...
I know Kieron gets a RFL subsidy for not switching codes...Something players of other clubs receive also.
Wigan do have a lot of "big name" players in their squad now but I think it's Warrington who struggle most with Salary cap at the moment...
PS - Fozzard is a big lad and nails too
Old 24 March 2007, 09:53 AM
theboy
Scooby Regular

I know its a % but it also has a maximum of about £1.5 million i think. Well i know roughly what Fielden is on (he is usally a bit coy when asked) and lets just say that Trent Barrat, Thomas Leluai, amongsnt others are not on £30k per year. And yes as for Warrington then maybe they are doing like wigan used to and employ there partners also