Sport General sport discussion

Rumours, Souness Out!

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2006, 09:28 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Rumours, Souness Out!

Man in pub says he's out, press conference tomorrow.

I can dream

SOUNESS OUT!
Old 22 January 2006, 11:52 PM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

The comments Fat Freddie made last week, make it difficult for Souness to stay. I doubt he'll jump though.
Old 23 January 2006, 07:51 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Good luck Richie
Old 23 January 2006, 09:05 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Castrol
The comments Fat Freddie made last week, make it difficult for Souness to stay. I doubt he'll jump though.
He'll lose his bonus if he walks so he will be pushed, but for all tghe shouting I doubt another manager with improve things greatly, look at the injuries you've got and whilst FFS and to some extent AS are there it wont improve IMHO.

Chin up Ritchie, look at pissy's lot and they're too stupid to see their manager is actually worse than yours!!
Old 23 January 2006, 11:37 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way things are, I'm tempted to put a tenner on Cheltenham for next Saturday
Old 23 January 2006, 01:54 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Wink

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
The way things are, I'm tempted to put a tenner on Cheltenham for next Saturday
That'll be a good bet, man in pub is also a lying b@stard
Old 23 January 2006, 06:21 PM
richiewong
Twatful

From the Guardian, Monday afternoon:

Graeme Souness was tonight still in charge at St James's Park after a brief meeting with chairman Freddy Shepherd. The under-fire Newcastle manager was expected to be summoned to the stadium this morning but eventually held talks with Shepherd in the afternoon.

He left with his name still on the door of the manager's office and ready to continue preparations for Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round clash with Cheltenham.

Souness, who was driven to and from the ground by coach Dean Saunders, revealed he had spent around 10 minutes with the chairman and their conversation had been "upbeat".
poo
Old 23 January 2006, 06:28 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

'EveryoneIsInjured-Ness' will definately be sacked next, get some money on it
Old 23 January 2006, 06:39 PM
jonjo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by LUCKO
'EveryoneIsInjured-Ness' will definately be sacked next, get some money on it

Ive lost enough money over the last year Richard...and so have you!!

Joe.....
Old 23 January 2006, 06:46 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonjo
Ive lost enough money over the last year Richard...and so have you!!

Joe.....
on that subject Mr Luckett you owe me £20 (as put it on palace to win friday)
Old 23 January 2006, 07:08 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

i think he's treading water just a matter of time now. if i win the euro millions on friday(£100million) i'll personally pay souness off

mike

souness out!!! and quick!!!
Old 23 January 2006, 08:16 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Souness, Robson, Keegan, Dalglish, Gullit.
Out of these 5 managers 4 have been very successful at other clubs. Hmmmmmm
Old 24 January 2006, 08:37 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Alas
Souness, Robson, Keegan, Dalglish, Gullit.
Out of these 5 managers 4 have been very successful at other clubs. Hmmmmmm

Souness - Rangers, Loads of pots, scred up at the Pool 6/10 as its scotland

Robson - Holland, Spain, Portugal, Engkand, took Ipswich to the FA Cup and Europe, WC 90 etc 7/10

Dalglish - 2 titles, one inherited when he took over from Fagan and his sugar daddy bought him another at B'Burn then off to save Newcastle, whoops he really was a **** manager afterall 3/10

Gullit - won a few pots at Chelsea with Hardings cash 5/10

Keegan - Joke manager won **** all (1st div with Fulham?? Fayeds cash though), lost the plot walked away every time the sack was on the horizon 2/10

Apart from the old man the other 4 were great players who we'd all love in our respective teams right now
Old 24 January 2006, 08:44 AM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

By the standards of most other Clubs around, 4 were successful in some way at Newcastle Utd.

Keegan = 3rd, 6th, 2nd in EPL
Dalglish = 2nd in EPL + FA Cup Final
Gullit = FA Cup Final
Robson = 4th, 3rd, 5th in EPL

Just not good enough for most NUFC fans.

It's a record most Clubs can only dream of. Look how Sam Allardyce is praised to the heavens, yet he's done nothing. We want more.
Old 24 January 2006, 06:46 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

just to add kegan did win something at newcastle.... the old first divison when we got promoted

mike
Old 24 January 2006, 10:24 PM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

Keegan - Joke manager
That's unfair Dave. I'd have him back like a shot - not that it'll happen.

Cheers
Old 25 January 2006, 01:38 AM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Wink

By the standards of most other Clubs around, 4 were successful in some way at Newcastle Utd.

Keegan = 3rd, 6th, 2nd in EPL
Dalglish = 2nd in EPL + FA Cup Final
Gullit = FA Cup Final
Robson = 4th, 3rd, 5th in EPL

Just not good enough for most NUFC fans.

It's a record most Clubs can only dream of. Look how Sam Allardyce is praised to the heavens, yet he's done nothing. We want more.
Thats the point I was trying to make. The big guns in England over the last 30 yrs. Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal (maybe Chelsea - just have to wait & see) but Newcastle never have been a major player since 1920's!!!!
Why do they think they should do better. Surely not because they've spent lots of money, just think of Leeds under O'Leary
Everybody wants the best for their team but I think they're kidding themselves. Anyone who lists winning the Texaco Cup and runner up spots in their Club Trophy Cabinet is having a laugh
Old 25 January 2006, 09:27 AM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

All successful Clubs (and otherwise) spend lots of money - not just Leeds, NUFC and now Chelsea. ManYu, Liverpool, Arsenal etc all have.

One reason why we should have decent success, is most of the money doesn't come through a rich benefactor, it's generated by the Club, by fans through the turnstiles, souvenir sales etc. The fans genuinely support Newcastle United FC, and it would be nice if we (the fans) had received some reward.

The Hall family, the Shepherds and so on, have ALL made money from the Club in the long term. All the dosh given to Keegan to spend by Hall (or rather Cameron Hall Developments), was a loan not a gift and has been repaid with interest. That's never going to happen at Chelsea or many other Clubs.

Cheers
Old 25 January 2006, 09:37 AM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

having a laugh
You're having one too, if you think a Club with the resources, support and players like NUFC, isn't good enough to win something. This is our whole argument. We need a Manager and Chairman that can make it happen.
Old 25 January 2006, 10:14 AM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Talking

You're having one too, if you think a Club with the resources, support and players like NUFC, isn't good enough to win something. .
I did'nt say that m8.
My comment comes from reading the list on their own website of what they have/have not won in the last 50 yrs. If they were good enough they would have won something. They have'nt so they are not. No point in blaming managers who have won things with less resources at other clubs eg Bobby Robson.
Old 25 January 2006, 10:23 AM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

Why not blame Managers? The buck really does stop with them...

Cheers
Old 25 January 2006, 10:34 AM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

And for me, the buck should stop with Ottmar Hitzfeld. Why FFS didn't go with him in 2004 when he expressed an interest in being our Manager, I've no idea...

http://www.footballdatabase.com/site...dumpManager=13

Oh, and I'm sure the image at the top of the above web page, is pure coincidence...

Cheers
Old 25 January 2006, 10:37 AM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Agreed the buck stops with the managers but have to say the responsibility stops with the players. Agreed the team have been very unlucky this season with injuries and may have done a lot better but why are the injuries the fault of the manager??
Old 25 January 2006, 10:43 AM
richiewong
Twatful

Souness is 'managing' to turn a free flowing attacking team with sh1tty defence into a negative play awful team with sh1tty defence and no imagination.

Plus points, Bellamy gone and Owen, Emre, Parker in. Luque clone, jury still out

Negative points............far too many to list about him and his 'yes' men.
Old 25 January 2006, 06:44 PM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

Souness is the Manager. He and his so called Coaches are responsible for training, and NUFC pick up far too many injuries IN, training...

Souness is the Manager. He and his so called Coashes are responsible for tactics, and NUFC don't have any since he arrived. Actually, Blobby Robson's weren't so hot either...

Cheers
Old 25 January 2006, 08:36 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

So the last 5 managers were not good enough. Ok then what manager have NUFC supporters been happy with over the last 50 years.
Obviously none by your standards as the team have to win a trophy for the manager to be regarded as a success. I bet that fans were talking up these people when they arrive but soon turn on them when the fans unrealistic hopes take over.
The only saviour that seems to suit would have a long beard, sandals and a dress. But he'd probably be facing a "Jesus Out" campaign after a year
Old 25 January 2006, 09:33 PM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

Gosh, you do harp on a bit don't you Alas...

So who is to blame? Where does the buck stop? Shall we blame the fans? Tea Lady? Groundsmen? How about the folk that sell replica shirts in the shops? Do you blame the ever changing selection of players?

I'd still blame the Manager. He's the one who is ultimately responsible.

Keegan to me was a success. Took us from the lower reaches of the old Division 2, to 2nd in the EPL. The Football was fast, skillful and fun to watch. Nice guy too.

Dalglish was as miserable as the Football played under him. Gullit likewise, and enough said about the 2 of them.

Robson gave us limited success, but his tactics were poor and his team selection strange to say the least. If he played one out of position, he played half a dozen. He wasted money like he'd won the Euro Lottery - only it wasn't his to waste. £75.29 million... Hugo Viana anyone?

Unfortunately, Souness has continued in the same vain; almost £45 million gone... Jean Alain Boumsong.
Old 25 January 2006, 09:36 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by Alas
So the last 5 managers were not good enough. Ok then what manager have NUFC supporters been happy with over the last 50 years.
Obviously none by your standards as the team have to win a trophy for the manager to be regarded as a success. I bet that fans were talking up these people when they arrive but soon turn on them when the fans unrealistic hopes take over.
The only saviour that seems to suit would have a long beard, sandals and a dress. But he'd probably be facing a "Jesus Out" campaign after a year
Actually Robson was a half decent manager but sort of shot himself in the foot by losing control of the players.
Also he some what spat the dummy when Newcastle were not renewing his contract and claimed he knew nothing about it.
How come everybody in the north east knew he wasn't going to be manager starting 05/06 season.
Anyway, when results did not match expections Robson was out and replaced by Souness, which came from Leftfield and speaking to many a fan not wanted due to his previous track record. He was given the bebnfit of the doubt but is quickly turning us into the sh1te that Blackburn were when he left.

Gullit actually had written his letter of resignation prior to the night we lost to the Mackem's at home and dignifiedly handed it in following the result.
Respect to the man who knew his time was up.

Just to add I'm a season ticket holder and have sat through a lot of crap over the last few years, so has Castrol, fans loyalty is being taken for granted.
Was there on Saturday as well to support the team and was very close to actaully boooing my team for the first time in my life.
Old 25 January 2006, 10:04 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Wink

Gosh, you do harp on a bit don't you Alas...

:
Lol - I find this actually quite hilarious. Supporters thrashing about wildly because the 11 guys on the park (plus the manager and chairman) don't live up to their dreams & expectations so should therefore be fired. Surely you should be realistic that only 1 team can win the Premiership so should all the other managers be sacked.
What about Fergie - was rubbish for the first few years when he went to Man U and was 1 game away from the sack. Then wins everything for a few seasons as the team he builds came to fruition but now is on a downward spiral again.
NUFC never let a manager get a chance to build a team. So is that the fault of the board, the manager or the pressure from the support?
BTW as you maybe could guess from my location I don't support a Premiership team so am not picking on NUFC for parochial reasons. I'm not a big Souness supporter as he walked out on the team I support(Glasgow Rangers). What we did recognise was that he built a team that ultimately won 9 League titles in a row, various cups and got to the semi final of the European Cup so he had skill at that point. Now - who knows. Maybe not been the same since his heart bypass.
Old 25 January 2006, 10:07 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

McClaren for Newcastle....................... PLEASE

Martin

Quick Reply: Rumours, Souness Out!