Notices
Sport General sport discussion

Mike Reilly - Slightly deranged?

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2005, 02:38 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mike Reilly - Slightly deranged?

Remember Im a Man U fan - but will that clod ever referee again?

Abramovic's bitch.....

P
Old 01 January 2005, 02:52 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Lol. Watching ball come in, hits hand, yep thats a penalty so I need to blow the whistle, glance at roman who has a wad of nice crispy £50 notes in his hand, erm penalty - what u talking about?

Simon.
Old 01 January 2005, 03:00 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Lol. Watching ball come in, hits hand, yep thats a penalty so I need to blow the whistle, glance at roman who has a wad of nice crispy £50 notes in his hand, erm penalty - what u talking about?

Simon.
Exactly as above!!!

Abramovic hands over wad of 50's while stroking a white cat and contemplating the demise of James Bond, The mighty MUFC and Dangermouse... the tw@rt...
P
Old 01 January 2005, 04:34 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

I honestly believe that refs are now frightened to give decisions against the "Big 3".

Clear penalty against Chelsea today, not given.

Clear penalty for us against Arsenal the other night, not given.

At one time, it only used to be Man U that didn't get decisions against them, but Arsenal and Chelsea have joined the "Untouchables".

Not happy.

Andy.
Old 01 January 2005, 05:43 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Still never mind eh!
Old 01 January 2005, 07:58 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Just saw the highlights...what a shocker of a game he had! Unreal to be honest...
Old 01 January 2005, 08:30 PM
_Nick_
Scooby Regular

Manc Reilly you mean? what do you expect, he gave the mancs a pen when rooney just dived on the floor against the @rse, he's a joke.

And Chelsea aren't a big club, when the dodgy russian gets bored in a year or 2 they will resume their status in mid table every season, small fan base, no history, no class
Old 01 January 2005, 09:51 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Nick_

And Chelsea aren't a big club, when the dodgy russian gets bored in a year or 2 they will resume their status in mid table every season, small fan base, no history, no class
Sorry? who's bigger? mid table? 2nd last season small fan base for someone who obviously lives on the moon, or up his own ****
Old 02 January 2005, 02:41 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Cool

Manc Reilly you mean? what do you expect, he gave the mancs a pen when rooney just dived on the floor against the @rse, he's a joke.

Bless... If Campbell hadnt stuck his leg out and left his leg out like a slow motion donkey with arthritis then there'dve been nothing to dive over...
Not sure what club you support - considering my thread was sticking up for the bin dippers in the first place??
As for saying Chelski have a small fan base - cant be a liverpool fan talking here - there's only 4 premier league games a season at Anfield that are sold out these days??
Anyhoo - Im not the type to get involved in such tittle tattle - Reilly made an error yesterday for which he should be strung up and peoples thoughts on that particular incident was what I sought....
Merrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 02 January 2005, 03:15 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

I was at the game and can honestly say, I have never seen such bizarre refereeing from a supposedly top FA ref.

I am speechless at some of his decisions... how the hell could it be ball to hand from 30 yards away? He even put his whistle straight to his mouth, but didn't blow for the blatant pen and the excuse he gave for this was... "because he was waiting for another infringment to happen"! WTF
FSP gets bowled over in the box first half, arms wrapped around him... and he gets called for the foul! Chelsea score from a corner that was never a corner!

Without a shadow of doubt it's time for all refs to be made accountable for their actions, either to be demoted to ref in lower divisions like Rennie and D'Urso were, or fines etc. The FA really need to seriously look at viewing video evidence on penalty area decisions while the game is played, to view the evidence for a quick decision. Until refs like this clown Riley, are forced to be accountable for their displays, like the players are, crap like this will happen on a regular basis.
Old 02 January 2005, 04:28 PM
richiewong
Twatful

C'mon I've been ranting on about the overall **** poor standard of refereeing all season.
Old 02 January 2005, 04:31 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Yep, has been very poor, but was at an all time low yesterday and not only in the Liverpool v Chelsea game.
Old 02 January 2005, 04:33 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by Redkop
Yep, has been very poor, but was at an all time low yesterday and not only in the Liverpool v Chelsea game.
Too many roubles lining refs pockets this season
Old 02 January 2005, 04:39 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richiewong
Too many roubles lining refs pockets this season
Or just plain useless, inept refs

I'll go with the latter!
Old 02 January 2005, 04:40 PM
richiewong
Twatful

I concur, motion passed
Old 02 January 2005, 04:45 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

This is taken from an LFC site I use... The old cliché of... 'the decisions even themselves out over the season'

Should be an interesting 2nd half of the season for Liverpool then

11 goals scored against us that are blatent offsides/handballs or other infringements

9 goals scored for us that have been disallowed even though they were fine goals with nothing wrong with them

And 6 blatent pens not given for us
Old 02 January 2005, 04:53 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Hopefully because the refs have been particular harsh on us poor Geordies this season.
(Will not mention Kluivert's offside goal )
Old 02 January 2005, 05:04 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richiewong
Hopefully because the refs have been particular harsh on us poor Geordies this season.
(Will not mention Kluivert's offside goal )
No need to, it's embedded in my brain Another inconsistency in refereeing, that not all refs seem to be aware of.... 'not interfering with play, so no advantage' - my ****!!
Old 03 January 2005, 12:42 AM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Redkop
I was at the game and can honestly say, I have never seen such bizarre refereeing from a supposedly top FA ref.
Oh how fortunes have turned. How many dodgy penalties have Liverpool be gifted over the years in front of the kop? Owen even needed two goes last season .

Seriously, Riley is one of the worst refs around, but MUFC's best friend! Just how many penalties has he awarded them in recent times? Shame he had a funny moment or two on Saturday. Mind, he seemed to give LFC every other decision .

Saturday capped a great weekend for me. Loads of beers in the Sandon on Friday night, back to friends place on Priory Rd, crawled into Anfield at midday still well pi$$ed , then our first double over LFC since 1919. Just hope I don't have to wait so long before witnessing that again .
Old 03 January 2005, 12:55 AM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ok Nick explain..... "dodgy"....care to elaborate on that? Be careful what you say about RA, just in case you can't substantiate it!

"Resume mid table status"....so you conveniently forget we qualified for the Champions league in two seasons in the four preceding RA's arrival. Oh and won the FA cup in 1997 & 2000. Cup winners cup, league cup, and super cup in 1998. Maybe those don't count? I guess we bought those as well.

"Small fan base"....care to tell me how many members, season ticket holders CFC have, you seem to be in the know there.

"History", next year is CFC's centenary. Thats 100 years to you. Lol, you're making this too easy .

C'mon mate, you'll have to do better than that! Try and think up something original.
Old 03 January 2005, 02:04 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 555 Markus
Seriously, Riley is one of the worst refs around, but MUFC's best friend! Just how many penalties has he awarded them in recent times? .
How about 8 in the last 8 games! Beat that, if that doesn't reek of being biased, WTF does?
Old 03 January 2005, 08:30 AM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

Refereeing standards are very very poor this season !

Did anyone see the Fulham Arsenal game during their unbeaten run ?

Definate penalty not given & a good goal disallowed ! NO wonder the top teams are top & we are struggling at the bottom !

these kind of decisions mean millions to clubs especially if they contribute to relegation or European qualification !

Professional referees ! MY AR*E

they are not as good as when they were amateur !
Old 03 January 2005, 08:35 AM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

& why wasnt Lampard sent off in the Liverpool game ? Because he is an England international ?
Old 03 January 2005, 10:28 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

A lot of 'whys' can be asked about that game Paul.

Why wasn't Robben cautioned about kicking the ball away at least 4 times when a free kick was awarded against him or a throw in?
Why did the 'linesmen' (refuse to call them assistant referees) miss the same crucial things that Riley did?
Why wasn't Cech booked for wasting time?
Why was a corner given which led to Chelsea getting a deflected goal, when it was clearly a goal kick?
Why was there so little added time? 3 minutes at the end of the second half was nothing short of a fecking joke

The main 'why' is... why won't Riley be accountable to the FA for his ineptitude?
Old 03 January 2005, 11:11 AM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Why is Carragher going to get stuck on by the FA for speaking his mind?

Cos they are a bunch of ***** who are so far up their own ***** it's unreal
Old 03 January 2005, 11:33 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nathan L
Why is Carragher going to get stuck on by the FA for speaking his mind?
I wasn't aware he was.
Old 03 January 2005, 11:37 AM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Sky Sports News.

Apparently Mike Reiley has reported him to the FA for comments made at half time.

At least, that's what I thought they said.
Old 03 January 2005, 11:43 AM
richiewong
Twatful

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...el=Premiership

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has launched a scathing attack on referee Mike Riley following his failure to award a penalty in the defeat to Chelsea.

Carragher believes Riley has been guilty of two major mistakes which could tilt the Premiership title race in Chelsea's favour.

Riley's failure to award a penalty when Tiago handled the ball inside the box during the win over Liverpool on New Year's Day infuriated Carragher who carried on his protests to the referee during the half time interval.

Carragher also highlighted the debatable penalty Riley awarded Manchester United against Arsenal which ended Arsenal's unbeaten 49-match record and he believes Riley is not fit to take charge of the big games.

"He has got it wrong in the two big games he has refereed this season and those two decisions could prove the difference between Arsenal or Chelsea winning the league," said Carragher.

"If Arsenal had got the right decision at Old Trafford, who knows what might have happened then?

"Top games need top refs. And with those mistakes the FA have to ask whether this referee should be up there.

"He was in a great position to see what happened in our game.

"He was putting his whistle into his mouth and I don't know if he lost his nerve or what.
Old 03 January 2005, 11:57 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nathan L
Sky Sports News.

Apparently Mike Reiley has reported him to the FA for comments made at half time.

At least, that's what I thought they said.
You know what thought did Nathan....
Old 03 January 2005, 01:27 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Talking

LOL @ all the Red scousers taking the bait set by the Man Utd fan .

I thought it was only the blue side of Liverpool that was bitter?!

Carragher should just shut his mouth and concentrate on doing what he's paid for... playing football. Learn to keep a clean sheet and score more goals than the opposition, something Liverpool have failed to do in both home and away games against Chelsea this year. Don't rely on the ref to give you everything. Chelsea have been denied two blatant penalties this season at Villa and Fulham, but thats no big deal. NUFC should have had one the other day when Ashley Cole practically caught the ball. Mistakes happen.

Get over it! Score one more goal than your opponents and you'll win! But then you don't have the players or the manager to achieve that. Get used to mid-table when SG packs his bags at the end of the season.

I guess the loyal LFC fans won't get round to replying for a few hours until they get home from Norwich. Or will you just take the short walk to the PC from your armchair? Maybe thats where _Nick_ is?! .

Edited to add: Happy New Year Nathan, hope you had a good and safe one

Last edited by 555 Markus; 03 January 2005 at 01:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Mike Reilly - Slightly deranged?