Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ooooooooooh 2-1 :P

Old 14 November 2004, 05:45 PM
AsianGunner
Scooby Regular

class first goal from wayne!

i bet there's loads of strikers in the league that can only dream of pullin off a finish like that!
Old 14 November 2004, 05:57 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

3-1

What a guy!
Old 14 November 2004, 06:28 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Ill take the 3 points but still not playing well. Too many average players who can do the job but lack that extra sparkle.

Fletcher is a waste of space. Yes he setup Rooneys 1st goal but I lost count the number of times he lost posession in our half or laid a slack ball off and put someone else in trouble.

Ronaldo needs to learn to stand on his feet - really starting to **** me off now. He should take note of how many tackles Ruud and Rooney rode today without falling.

Simon.
Old 14 November 2004, 06:37 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

All the way up to 7th, not worried yet
Old 14 November 2004, 06:56 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

We were pretty poor today. Bramble lost Rooney for the first goal, but there's always a mistake in him every game.

When we got back to 1-1, I thought we deserved it, but you just can't play against the Man Utds and Arsenals of this world with no width and just try to batter down the middle.

Penalty may not have been given on another day (and definitely wouldn't have been given to Newcastle at OT!!!), but can't complain.

Bramble made an excellent clearance for RVN, but where was the cover to stop Rooney putting it in??

All in all, I think Man U shaded it, but 3-1 was a little harsh on us.

Andy.
Old 14 November 2004, 07:03 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pauld37
All the way up to 7th, not worried yet
You should be, with BORO playing everyone off the park ..... even our C Team gave Man Utd a scare!! Ha Ha Ha!!

Newcastle are finished

Pete
Old 14 November 2004, 07:52 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Man Ure should say a big fat thank you to the ref and all, b@stard
Old 14 November 2004, 10:07 PM
Charlie WRXSTI
Scooby Regular

Man Ure should say a big fat thank you to the ref and all,
Can't even be bothered to comment

Same old bickering ****
Old 14 November 2004, 11:14 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richiewong
Man Ure should say a big fat thank you to the ref and all, b@stard
David May Superstar etc etc.

Bitter old she-ra whinging at the ref, the keeper pulled Scholes down, what do you expect.

PS the score was 3-1, not 2-1.

PPS we are still not good enough, but its almost Christmas and you know what happens at Christmas
Old 14 November 2004, 11:16 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by angrynorth
David May Superstar etc etc.

Bitter old she-ra whinging at the ref, the keeper pulled Scholes down, what do you expect.

PS the score was 3-1, not 2-1.

PPS we are still not good enough, but its almost Christmas and you know what happens at Christmas
Yeah I was at the game and the ref might as well have worn a Man Ure top
Old 15 November 2004, 12:26 AM
cheddar bob
Scooby Regular

Angry

Ref wasn't that bad overall if I'm honest but it was definately a push on O'Brien leading upto the penalty and that happened to be the refs biggest and most costly mistake for us O'Brien only needed to do a 'Ronaldo' and fall over but tried to stay on his feet/carry on... Linesman however got Kluivert's disallowed goal totally wrong he was never offside, 1st half we should have been winning the amount of chances & possession compared to Manure bearing in mind the bizarre tactics Souness seems to be sticking with Although 2nd half we looked pathetic bar Shearer's solo goal and we were once again (3rd time in a week) taught a lesson in how to be ruthless/finish a team off/win without playing well.

At the moment Newcastle can't seem to simply pass a ball to our own team-mates it's that bad. No Shape. No Width. Bellamy is a waste of space on the wing. Plus we look far too predictable going forward and we get far too congested trying to attack through the middle all the time And O'Brien at rb again WTF! It also doesn't help that at minute we have too many players having bad or off days, especially Given who's suprisingly looked well below par.[/rant over]
Old 15 November 2004, 07:12 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Gotta agree with you about Bellamy - did absolutely nothing for you. At least he got rid of that hideous hair style.

Your width was your problem - everyone stuck in the middle of the park with nowhere to go.

Not sure I agree with the push on O'brien - there was little contact and he stayed up then slid/fell on his own. And yes if he had of gone down earlier then maybe the ref would have given you a free kick instead.

The whole diving/falling over as soon a player is brushed is really spoiling the game now. Cant blame it on the refs either - this one is down to the players (even though not all of them do it).

Simon.
Old 15 November 2004, 10:41 AM
richiewong
Twatful

All true, why can everbody see that we have no width, can't say we are playing too badly but everything is going through the middle and defenders are moping us up
O'Brian has cost us dearly in recent games, the push on TV did not look that bad but from behind it was one mighty shove!
Penalty aside Man Ure took their chances the Toon could not create decent ones, which is beginning to be the story of this season.
As the lad who sits next to says "I've never liked Souness"
Old 15 November 2004, 12:31 PM
dharbige
Scooby Regular

Did anybody else notice on the TV replay of Shearer's goal that prior to dumping Wes Brown on the floor, he had his hand, nay his entire FOREARM, down Wes's pants?
I think Wes must have fallen over from the shock!

Shearer's a dirty b@stard, but very, very good at it.
Old 15 November 2004, 01:00 PM
cheddar bob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dharbige
Did anybody else notice on the TV replay of Shearer's goal that prior to dumping Wes Brown on the floor, he had his hand, nay his entire FOREARM, down Wes's pants?
I think Wes must have fallen over from the shock!

Shearer's a dirty b@stard, but very, very good at it.
I admit Shearer isn't the cleanest of players but he certainly isn't the only one that uses his strengths as an advantage. He is the player that's gets the most criticism & abuse about it though. Still bet most fans would like him in their team (well certainly when he was younger ). If you seen the Newcastle v Chelsea game when Terry & Shearer were getting very 'competitive' Terry dwarfed Shearer hence why he needs to use his biggest assett, his upper body strength, then again for example player's like Roy Keane who was consistently fouling in the 1st half (couldn't believe the amount of times he was telling the ref 'I got the ball' when in reality he was no where near it) & Savage (who occasionally lives up to his name) are another two players that some consider 'Dirty' as well.
Old 15 November 2004, 01:01 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
You should be, with BORO playing everyone off the park ..... even our C Team gave Man Utd a scare!! Ha Ha Ha!!

Newcastle are finished

Pete
Already played Boro, won 1-0 at the Riverside
Old 15 November 2004, 06:10 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Wink

Originally Posted by richiewong
Yeah I was at the game and the ref might as well have worn a Man Ure top

ROFLMAO - pure genius! The ref didnt make many if any errors - If O Briens balance is that bad (ie the awful challenge Mr Arrogant saw from 65 yards away - yeah right), then I genuinly fear for him when out shopping, or walking to the bank, he must frequently graze himself at the mere brushing against of another human!!!
The ref rarely fell for Ronaldo's theatricals - which are a tad embarrasing - but as posted above, missed Mr Arrogant indecent assault on Wes... So there cant be a geordie in the world (with a brain) feeling agrieved this morning!!

Comical quotes like yours above mean you and Souness are welcome to each other.

You are my solskjaer my only solskjaer you make me happy me when skies are grey, and alan shearer just cant come near ya so please dont take my solskjaer away... Oh you did... for two seasons... well thanks very flippin much god!!! Huh!
Old 15 November 2004, 09:36 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Each to there own, but you see alot more off the ball then watching it on TV
As mentioned previously Man Ure took their chances just like Fulham and Chelsea did against us earlier this week

Last edited by richiewong; 15 November 2004 at 09:38 PM.
Old 15 November 2004, 10:23 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pauld37
Already played Boro, won 1-0 at the Riverside
Who has? Man Utd? they get thrashed at the Riverside on 1st January 2005

Pete
Old 15 November 2004, 10:38 PM
cheddar bob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
ROFLMAO - pure genius! The ref didnt make many if any errors - If O Briens balance is that bad (ie the awful challenge Mr Arrogant saw from 65 yards away - yeah right), then I genuinly fear for him when out shopping, or walking to the bank, he must frequently graze himself at the mere brushing against of another human!!!
The ref rarely fell for Ronaldo's theatricals - which are a tad embarrasing - but as posted above, missed Mr Arrogant indecent assault on Wes... So there cant be a geordie in the world (with a brain) feeling agrieved this morning!!
Ah... it may not have looked much of a push but it still caused O'Brien to NOT clear the ball then slip trying to stay on his feet and was DEFINATELY a foul..... Also nearly forgot the 'other' mistake the ref made when he disallowed Ronny Johnson's goal for what I thought was Shearer fouling Brown at the far post in the 6 yard box but upon a replay there was no foul or contact so that's two wrongly disallowed goals & 1 missed foul on OB from which you luckily got a pen

At the end of the day we didn't take our other chances (mainly 1st half) & you took your's (Yes you were the better team in the 2nd half)

Although the Toon have lost 4 games in a row and looked quite awful at times we've been very unlucky to get nothing out of all those games and how we've only scored 2 goals out of I'm guessing 45+ chances in the last 390 mins of football I'll never know...
Old 16 November 2004, 08:13 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Who has? Man Utd? they get thrashed at the Riverside on 1st January 2005

Pete
Sorry Pete I'm a Chelsea fan
Old 16 November 2004, 11:14 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cheddar bob
A Also nearly forgot the 'other' mistake the ref made when he disallowed Ronny Johnson's goal for what I thought was Shearer fouling Brown at the far post in the 6 yard box
you joking? he had two hand on the back of his shirt holding him down. deffo foul. Shearer is dirty in the box. Against Chelsea when Terry had him in his pocket the only way Shearer could get near the ball was a push with both hand square in the middle of his back.
Old 16 November 2004, 12:03 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Thumbs up

Also nearly forgot the 'other' mistake the ref made when he disallowed Ronny Johnson's goal for what I thought was Shearer fouling Brown at the far post in the 6 yard box but upon a replay there was no foul or contact so that's two wrongly disallowed goals & 1 missed foul on OB from which you luckily got a pen ...
Almost as funny - seeing Wes Brown invountarily being dragged backwards 10 yards across his penalty area by a balding fouling trophyless scumbag wasnt a foul??? Ahhh OK... Well done!!!????!!!!

The penalty wasnt lucky - the fact is that we know that AOB slipped coz he was wearing flip flops - but that aside given took out scholesy - that was the foul - no contention there - blatant bloody foul - so he gave a pen - thats another rule geordies need to remember!! Arrgghhhh talk about bad losers!!

Anyhoo - Newcastle might still qualify for a UEFA passage through the fair play scheme - so pray for few yellow cards - coz LFC, MFC, BWFC and EFC will be 4 - 7 in the prem and villa will probably edge you also oh joy!

P
Old 16 November 2004, 06:50 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

well i've just seen this all this bad mouthing big al, al least he does'nt dive around like the man ure lot van man managed to stay on his feet for once but then he did'nt do much anyhow. i think a draw would have been a fair result.
newcastles problem is and i've said it more than once and so have some on here andy gray kept going on about it so why has the scotch git picked up on it? WIDTH. say what you want about robert but he is a quality winger and probably one of the best players in the league with a deadball/set peaces, we need to play him and probably milner the who ever he plays up front will get some service

mike
Old 16 November 2004, 08:06 PM
Mark_S
Scooby Regular

Anyhoo - Newcastle might still qualify for a UEFA passage through the fair play scheme - so pray for few yellow cards - coz LFC, MFC, BWFC and EFC will be 4 - 7 in the prem and villa will probably edge you also oh joy!

P
I would worry about your own team mate, spent all of NEXT years transfer money and still not even in the top three
Old 16 November 2004, 08:18 PM
cheddar bob
Scooby Regular

The penalty wasnt lucky - the fact is that we know that AOB slipped coz he was wearing flip flops - but that aside given took out scholesy - that was the foul - no contention there - blatant bloody foul - so he gave a pen - thats another rule geordies need to remember!! Arrgghhhh talk about bad losers!!
Ok no luck, was a deserved pen for ManUre, I must have imagined Rooney pushing O'Brien Of course wouldn't have anything to do with Fergie moaning about lack of decisions just last week was it? couldn't have been anywhere near as hilarious though as the amount of times refs 'miss' fouls & penalties at OT??? Howard taking out the
balding fouling trophyless scumbag
(do I sense bitterness still there...) bring back any memories from last season?

We aren't good enough to get into Europe the way this season has gone granted but you lot weren't a patch on Chelsea, & and are miles behind Arsenal, you're glory days are well over let's see what happens to Manure & their 'fans' when they have won SweetFA for 50 years... Oldham or Bury may welcome some of you back? Or would the local team be in London Town for most fans?

Last edited by cheddar bob; 16 November 2004 at 08:21 PM.
Old 16 November 2004, 09:02 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

We aren't good enough to get into Europe the way this season has gone granted but you lot weren't a patch on Chelsea, & and are miles behind Arsenal, you're glory days are well over let's see what happens to Manure & their 'fans' when they have won SweetFA for 50 years...
We werent a patch on Chelsea? - must have watched a different game myself as I thought we played quite well in 1st match of the season and were unlucky not to get at least a point.

As for Arsenal we beat them 2-0? Not sure I follow your logic - or are you just waffling?

As for europe - we normally tend to get it together for Euro games even when playing crap in the prem league. What exactly have **** or chelsea done in europe other than make up the numbers? Funny how Henry struggles in europe. That said even Rauls record looks crap compared to ruud's

Makes me laugh how all us "glory supporters" are expected to stop supporting Man Utd now we arent winnning everything still. If anything I enjoy matches more now as it means more when we do win.

Simon.

Quick Reply: Man U `vs` Newcastle