Sport General sport discussion

Sweden 2 - 2 Denmark

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2004, 09:40 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sweden 2 - 2 Denmark

Can you imagine the merest suggestion that a 2-2 draw between England and Scotland had been stage managed for mutual benefit ???

So the question remains - why can Denmark and Sweden enjoy mutual pleasure at each others qualification. England fans in the main enjoy seeing Scotland do well but Scottish fans would rather see England humilated.....

Deaon
Old 22 June 2004, 10:57 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

To be honest, there isn't much love lost between Sweden and Denmark when football is involved. They are huge rivals. Perhaps they just don't like Italy ?

Theoretically, I guess if we drew with Scotland and that meant, say,Germany didn't qualify, I would expect similar scenes

Chris
Old 23 June 2004, 01:11 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

As one of the pundits said last night "Glad to see the back of the Boring Italians" - At least Denmark & Sweden play exciting football - Just the Germans to go out and the QFs should at least be entertaining for All - Except the Scots .
Old 23 June 2004, 03:27 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Is it just me, or did the danish goalie appear to drop the ball before the swede's equalised?

not that I'm complaining - the italians have some of the best players in the world, but christ they're boring to watch - good ridance. Same goes for Spain.

COME ON LATVIA!!
Old 23 June 2004, 06:44 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Anyone remember what the odds actually were on a 2-2 draw?
Old 23 June 2004, 08:50 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

Oh how I cried with tears of laughter when the Italians went out!
Boring and dirty cheating gits, the lot of them.

HA,HA,HA see ya!
Old 23 June 2004, 10:15 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

It is ironic how they are crying "fix" when their domestic league is so corrupt.

Darren

Trending Topics

Old 24 June 2004, 08:00 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Jason - it's all down to the commentators - this is actually the real reason most Scots appear to not like England - I know we (me included) deride the Scots for claiming this as the reason but it is true. Having lived away from the mother land for 15 years you get a different perspective on the bile that most of our patriotic commentators come out with. If England play well then the vast majority of Scots will applaud them - but as soon as the next round comes up and you get some over-weight ex-player/manager/general knobend giving it "Not since 1966 have we seen such a performance" it gets right up your nose - I was 2 in 1966 and i'm considered by most to be a "Fat Old English B@st@rd" - I have no recollection of 1966 and it means **** all to me - My memories are more from the heroic failures of the 80-90-naughties - we have more in common with the Scottish football team than we do with the "greats of 1966".

Having said that - The current squad is better than the squad of 1966 and Roooonie is better than Pele