Sport General sport discussion

Attn all Premier League Fans - David Dein

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2004, 09:17 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn all Premier League Fans - David Dein

A couple of weeks ago, David Dein Arsenal Chairman and FA Chairman brokered a deal (under pressure from the Arsenal board) which will ensure that next year the FA cup semi finals will not clash with the Champions league semi's as they have done for the past 10 or so years.

This is a good thing for football overall, finally a wise choice made by the FA to reduce the fixture pile up that occurs a the end of every season. I have no problems with this whatsoever.

What I do have a problem with is how this man finally managed to get this through after pressure from his teams manager and their board. This is something that United and other top clubs have been asking for for years. All of a sudden its done, quickly and no questions asked.

David Dein needs to be removed from one of his posts, either at Arsenal or the FA. Their is a dangerous confilct of interests here that could affect the game for a long time.

I am not saying their is definatley corruption here, only that there appears to be something that is not right. This is not just the rant of a bemused United fan either. I am saying this as a fan of the game overall. The league is full of corruption and this is just the latest and most noticable event.

Either way it needs to be resolved. I urge all fans of any teams in the league to make their thoughts known, write to your own board, write to your supporters associations, write the the FA and Arsenal themselves if you see fit.

Even if you are an Arsenal fan you will understand how this looks, and if you care about the game you should want something done about this too.
Old 10 May 2004, 12:24 AM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Must admit it does look dodgy, even though I am slightly biased away from Arsenal