Sport General sport discussion

Lucas Neill shocking dive!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2003, 10:59 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Well done Mr Rennie. BTW, who the hell was the co-comentator in SKY tonight?
Old 07 January 2003, 11:18 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

shocking dive ? Silvestre was all over him like a rash, linking arms then a nice little nudge.

Its a joke when some big eared Jaffa cake player just falls over himself and gets a pen and someone like Neil gets a yellow for what looked like a good case for a penalty.

Rennie had a decent game on Sunday, how come he was totally different today ? He didn't book RVN or the guy who got Thompson !
Old 07 January 2003, 11:37 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

Fukin' hell ash, you even surpass your own anti-United standards in your view of those refereeing decisions...

What about Ruud? Book him. The guy who got Thompson? Book him. Silvestre? Book him. Book the lot of them... For *** sake man!

I don't think that Neill should have had a penalty.....but equally I don't think he dived...
Old 07 January 2003, 11:41 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

In fact, are you sure it wasn't you commentating on Sky for this evenings game?
Old 08 January 2003, 07:45 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
LOL @ Swinyes

He was a bit "anyone but Man U"

Talking of Rennie, I was listening to 5 Live on Sunday (l'pool v Ciddy) and Alan Green was saying he was having a mare and being his usual inconsistant self, letting some heavy challenges go in the 2nd half when they were clearly yellows.

I think Lucas had the Pen but did himself no favours with the way he went down, if he'd gone down naturally it would have been given.

Ruud/Becks stop throwing yourself to the floor please though both of you are getting it down to a fine art and with some finese.

Giggs when you start the season and give us a Wenger "I should be at my peak this season" please follow those words up on the pitch, the bench could be coming your way soon (again). I think he averages about 5.3 for his match scores in the M E News so far this season.

On a brighter note Silvestre was outstanding again, most improved player at Old T in 2002.

Old 08 January 2003, 09:11 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

On a brighter note Silvestre was outstanding again, most improved player at Old T in 2002.
Yeah........appart from almost giving away a penalty and been caught out of position for their goal. He got dragged inside too easily as he was concentrating on the ball. There was no need as there where 2 defenders near the ball, this left the right winger free to deliver the cross.

I think he's better at centre half where he's been outstanding
Old 08 January 2003, 09:45 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Talking

I love how bitter and twisted ash is.........LMAO

Trending Topics

Old 08 January 2003, 09:50 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Talking

Youve got to fear for his sanity poor chap
Old 08 January 2003, 09:59 AM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

Well you can even it up with how pro Liverpool that fat b@stard Alan Green is. Just listen to the tw@t, preferably a Liverpool v United game, and you will never have heard such biased commentary in your life.

How he gets away with it on the BBC I don't know. I've heard more unbiased and impartial commentary on MUTV!
Old 08 January 2003, 10:07 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

C'mon - no-one can come near that sad waffler Martyn Tyler when he is commentating on a Man U game. He is so blatently pro-ManU, he sounds like he is having an orgasm when they score!
Old 08 January 2003, 10:13 AM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

No-one comes close to Tyler?! I've never noticed him favouring any side in the years I've been listening to him... Must be missing something.

Take your scouse head off and listen to Alan Green. I assure you it will be an experience...
Old 08 January 2003, 10:20 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Been common knowledge for years that Alan Green is a L'pool supporter, his son has a season ticket there. Keep up with the times Swin - tut tut
Old 08 January 2003, 11:04 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Wink

Swin and STI - please enlighten me with your "bitter and twisted" and "sanity" remarks. You guys need to wake up and smell the coffee - Beks crocked Scouser Thommo (nice goal that wasn't it - almost as good as Gingers) so much so that he could not return, RVN fell over like someone had busted his knee caps with a baseball bat (I laughed so much when I saw it, but then stopped when he was not carded - Neil had been carded for a nothing offence about 5 mins previous).

F'ign hate Fat Ron Bo Jangles, don't know what his problem is, other than being fat, ugly, wearing fake tans and lots of jewellery and a hairstyle that Bobby Charlton would have been proud of.
Old 08 January 2003, 11:23 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Wink

LOL

I rest my case
Old 08 January 2003, 11:26 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Wink

No case then ? I only present the facts.....
Old 08 January 2003, 01:33 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Lol Listen to u lot

I reckon it was a penalty - Silvestre was very lucky. Neill was past him and he took him down. Neill was booked for his reaction afterwards not going down. If u watch it again it takes quite a while for Rennie to pull the card.

Ruud was being a **** and its times like that Im embarassed to support a player. He got tackled badly but went down like a dying swan. He then pissed and moaned at the ref who Im suprised didnt book him.

Silvestre also was well out of position and basically lost us the rovers equaliser. We had plenty of defenders in the centre and he decided to join them rather than go with gillespie out on the wing. Admittedly he has been a lot better all season.

We need another striker and one who has pace. Solsjkaer came on and was crap. Ruud was just missing everything.

The thing that most disrupted us was the state of the pitch. Every time we made a pass it bobbled up. It needs sorting.

We were lucky to draw that match. Luckily for us its over 2 legs and we only need one goal to erase their advantage. After that the away goal favours us. Always prefer playing home first.

Simon.
Old 08 January 2003, 01:43 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Yeah that pitch is terrible and it was only relaid a couple of months back, due to the size of the stands it doesnt get enough sunlight so it doesnt grow properly and just falls apart, could also have something to do with the head groundsman leaving before Christmas to go to Twickenham.
Old 08 January 2003, 01:49 PM
stubarru
Scooby Regular

I was at the game last night and from the stands it looked like he dived but watching it later on sky the ref for once got it right. As a neutral I think overall Man Utd were lucky and it should be a great game at Ewood. I might not like Roy keane but they do miss him!!
Old 08 January 2003, 03:59 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Smile

Listen guys, I'm only on here to have a bit of fun. Don't let it get to you, its only friendly banter on my behalf. I do like to keep pushing though until something snaps - thats me all over.

What was all that at the end with RVN ? He seemed pretty animated about something. And why are you guys all of a sudden interested in the Worthless Cup ? When you've belittled it so much in the past.

Thought Rovers were worth their point IMO, if only they could get rid of Yorke (he's cr@p) and get another striker (Sukur I know is injured).
Old 08 January 2003, 07:31 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

What is this bollocks about belittling the Worthington Cup? Had it from a gooner today when Ive said nothing of the sort. Yes its the worst/least favourite comp (unless you count the charity shield) but its still a competition and everyone wants to win. Yes we start out with a low strength team but thats not to say we dont want to win it if we get far enough.

Silverware is silverware IMHO.

And BTW I thought Keano was pap when he returned. Seemed to have little fire in him and his passing was bollocks. Hope hes just a bit rusty.
Old 01 August 2003, 09:39 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Swin - we resume our little "discussion", I was comparing this incident to the Jaffa incident. I think Neil got booked for his reaction as it was not a dive, he went down under a challenge.

Anyway, don't know why are complaining about commentators - after all I don't think Clive Tylsley has never taken his tongue out of Fergie's **** yet....and lets not forget about bo-jangles either, he is so anti LFC (w@nker).

[Edited by ash1 - 1/8/2003 9:43:42 AM]
Old 01 August 2003, 01:15 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

Wink

There were no 'bitter and twisted' or 'sanity' remarks by me ash.....I just thought them!

You are the kind of Liverpool fan who make United fans like myself hate you lot with a huge amount of passion!

Redkop, I know it's common knowledge that the fat kunt Green is a Liverpool fan. How he gets away with his blatant support of Liverpool and hatred of United whilst commentating on the BBC, I have no idea...

[Edited by SwinYE5 - 1/8/2003 1:16:05 PM]