Notices
Sport General sport discussion

Bloody Referees!

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2003, 10:00 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The standard of refereeing by that to$$er Dermot Gallagher tonight must be the worst I have witnessed in a decade! The useless slaphead- where did he park his fecking spaceship? He certainly wasn't from this planet! He needs removing from the referee's list doubly quick and locked up in a vault somewhere - the w@nker!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01 January 2003, 10:43 PM
south-star
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Face it Lynne.....atm Liverpool are just playing crap........and the season started so well...
Old 01 January 2003, 11:24 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

I thought the was the ref was awful and I knew we were in trouble when he gave that yeller to Diao for the first tackle, he forced his own hand for what was a ok tackle.

On a different note, I thought we were the better team overall, but its just not happening and we don't look like we're gonna score.

Well, I think best we can now aim for is top 4 place now and GH needs to rethink his approach (would like more attacking play please) and discard the non-performers, in my opinion thats Diouf, Cheyrou, Biscan, Smicer, Traore for a start. Like to see Vignal at left back and Riise at left midfield. Why is Partridge on loan - he scored again with a run from his own half for Coventry ?

Give GH till the end of the season and then we will have to review.

[Edited by ash1 - 1/1/2003 11:27:47 PM]
Old 02 January 2003, 04:00 AM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Will someone please explain to me WHY when we are losina 1-0 we take off a stiker and bring on a full back ??????
Wheres the fooking logic in that !!???
I'm sorry but I think GH has to go
Old 02 January 2003, 08:46 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

What amazes me is GH's quote in one of the papers yesterday....he doesn't feel the need to buy any more players!!!! Well Ged - little humble me strongly disagrees with you on that score .... WE NEED NATURAL WIDE PLAYERS FFS the team you are playing at the moment has no shape to it whatsoever!! Shanks would turn in his grave if he could see the shambolic disarray of this current Liverpool team.

The burning question now is...has Ged taken us as far as he can, is it time he moved on?

A message to you Dermot 'manc-lover' Gallagher - **** OFF you are not fit to referee!

[Edited by Redkop - 1/2/2003 8:48:51 AM]
Old 02 January 2003, 10:13 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

I think when it comes to times like this you need to have players committed to the club and who can do it on the pitch. The foreign players may need more time to bed in, my point is that if Mellor is banging in 41 goals for the reserves, why has he not played sooner, he didn't seem phased by the game yesterday and we played much better when he was on - two from Baros, Mellor and Owen would be my choice.

I would also like to see Patridge and Welsh playing.

I'm not making knee jerk reactions but I don't think some of the foreign players can cope with the strength of the premiership - the games come thick and fast and there's no where to hide.

On a positive point, I think the cup games will give us the chance to focus away from the premiership and I believe we can win them both. That combined with the premiership break should give us the confidence to drive forward for a top 4 finish.

If not then we have to re-assess at the end of the season, isn't Cappello available ? Can we not try and get Eriksson (openly admitted that he misses day to day coaching) or perhaps O'Neil (in contract talks at the moment though) ? It may be GH has taken us as far as he can.
Old 02 January 2003, 10:16 AM
ChrisB

Did anything else think Sheerer dived on the edge of the box?

Minimal contact IMO.

Trending Topics

Old 02 January 2003, 11:34 AM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yeah that's it - Lose (again) and blame the ref...

If Diao hadn't received the first yellow he would have got a straight red for the second challenge anyway...
Old 02 January 2003, 11:35 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Yeah I did - and why weren't we awarded a penalty? Even the 2 muppets Gray and Tyler said it was a defo pen. when the player's arm was being held. The Ar$e get awarded one for one far less blatent. Fecking inconsistency by the useless refs we have in the Premier League. They nearly all are overweight and over-age to keep up with play [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] or need urgent eye tests!!!

But it's pointless my whinging about Gallacher and his ineptness & unprofessionalism - his refusal to book any Newcastle player for far worse challenges shows him to be crooked, corrupt & bent.
Old 02 January 2003, 11:59 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Mr Swin - I think you will find that the first tackle was a nothing one for which he recieved a yellow. The second tackle - he actually got the ball, the player got caught after and jumped in thr air. Looked worse than it was, hence the yellow card.

Anyway, being down to 10 didn't make a difference to our game anyway.
Old 02 January 2003, 02:42 PM
dharbige
Scooby Regular

I watched the game on TV, and thought the referee was a little over zealous given the conditions, but most, if not all of the bookings seemed justifyable (sp?). Liverpool's tackling was terrible.

Newcastle were the better team, played with more conviction, and although their challenges were just as hard as Liverpool's, they were better timed and/or less dangerous.

And Diao had to go. It doesn't matter if he got the ball first - it was an uncontrolled challenge, and so had to get a yellow. If he had made more contact with the player, it would/should have been a straight red.

As for Shearer diving...that's what he does.

BTW I was cheering more for Liverpool than the Toon. I think the Toon are more of a threat than Liverpool to our title ambitions...

David H.
Old 02 January 2003, 05:14 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Cmon Hanley - you must have been watching a diff game, you guys didn't do a lot in the second half, if Baros had converted the chance and Mellor had got the penalty then it would have been different. You won the game on a deflected goal and that just about sums it up...
Old 02 January 2003, 05:35 PM
will19702001
Scooby Regular

All those wingeing scousers...lol

Aint ya gonna blame the state of the pitch aswell?

Take it on the chin like us Villa fans do...we live in the real world!

Watch out L`pool, Villa are coming!!!
Old 02 January 2003, 05:56 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Oh no, Villa are coming to town, boo hoo !!

Actually that pitch was awful - bad state of affairs for a premiership team. That is a complaint but it was the same for both teams, so there !

Old 02 January 2003, 06:56 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Newcastle are used to playing on a ****e surface like that, it was a disgrace, considering they are meant to be a 'big' club! I have seen 3rd Division grounds with better pitches than that quagmire, they ought to be ashamed [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03 January 2003, 10:18 PM
Little Miss WRX

You cannot lay the blame on the referee......in fact, in all honesty, I would have booked more players than he did!!!!

Dermot Gallagher, you are a disgrace to the referees of the UK. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Liverpool played amazingly crap and nearly all of the tackles were unwarranted and dangerous by both teams.

The game should not have gone ahead on that pitch - you can blame the ref for that, but not for the disgusting show of football that was on display. Premiership level? LOL

You know I have a soft spot for Liverpool, but that match was fecking terrible.
Old 03 January 2003, 11:58 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Wink

LMW - ever thought why the match was terrible ? Ever thought why there was so many mistimed tackles ? I'll give you a clue, the answer is in your post......

Besides, I didn't think it was as bad as some of our other recent performances (with exception of the Villa game of course, but even then we managed to give a 2 goal lead away somehow).

[Edited by ash1 - 1/3/2003 11:59:36 PM]

[Edited by ash1 - 1/3/2003 11:59:52 PM]
Old 04 January 2003, 12:20 AM
Little Miss WRX

I am not asking any questions, I know why the match was ****.

IMHO, you played worse than when you played the Villa. It was just an out and out hungover Sunday league standard match. There was simply no excuse for some of those tackles and if I had been refereeing, there would have been more walking. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

It seemed Mr Gallagher was just doing the bookings on a lottery basis instead of linear to the FA rules.

You true Liverpool fans should be screaming at your manager to sort it out.

(Us Villa fans know who to scream at for our poor performances - Fecking Doug Ellis)

Dermot Gallagher should be removed, no two ways about it. But will he be? Will he heck. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I really need to start making it to top flight football and prove that there are referees who can do the job!!!!!!
Old 04 January 2003, 06:13 AM
will19702001
Scooby Regular

Liverpool were an absolute SHOWER against Newcastle and it needed a huge SPONGE to soak up the water on the pitch!! lmfao

What d`ya reckon Chelle?
Old 04 January 2003, 09:31 PM
Little Miss WRX

Ash, I think you need to take a referee's course and try to ref a few games, maybe you will understand where I am coming from.

Yes, it is a contact sport, but come on!!! FFS!!! Some of those tackles could have removed a player for a season if contact had been made.
I am sure your attitude would change if the Newcastle players had gone in as hard and injured one of your star players and that you would have come on here baying for blood and whinging like hell about it!!!!

IDGAS whether we talk about the team I love (Villa )), Manchester United who I hate, or Liverpool who I have a soft spot for. If you are looking through rose tinted glasses because Liverpool can do no wrong then I am not going to get through to you.
Tackles like that are intolerable and in top flight football should not be of regular occurrence.

I whinced a couple of times at a couple of tackles by Villa players on Blackburn players and was amazed that no booking was made.

IMHO the referee's in the Premiership are becoming spineless and completely incompetent and inconsistent.
Old 04 January 2003, 10:40 PM
Little Miss WRX

Will19702001.........I agree with your comments there ROTFLMFAO.

I am sure after that game that the players would have enjoyed a damn good massage to relieve them of their aches and pains after the rather wet match.
Old 05 January 2003, 12:34 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Ok, perhaps you would like to enlighten me on the challenges you deemed as being unfit or made you squirm.

You know I do play both 11s and 5s regularly and let me tell you the tackling is much more aggressive at grass roots level than in the the premiership.
Old 05 January 2003, 12:36 AM
Little Miss WRX

So sliding in two footed with studs showing is acceptable??? You should be managing.
Old 05 January 2003, 12:43 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Can you be a tiny bit more specific than that. If you can give me a few examples in that game.
Old 05 January 2003, 12:47 AM
Little Miss WRX

Get me a video of the game for me to replay it and I will spot every tackle that I deemed to be dangerous play and give you the minute it happened in, the players involved on both sides and what I would have done as a referee.

As I do not have access to SKY, I was round at a friend's watching the game and did not record it, not that I would have done anyway.

Forgive me for failing to have an absolute photographic memory, but I didn't think I would have to recall such tackles precisely.

It took Dermot Gallagher no more than 12 minutes to lose control of that game. He never regained it.
Old 05 January 2003, 12:49 AM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

I am off to bed now, so will answer tomorrow, night and sweet (none harsh tackling ) dreams.
Old 05 January 2003, 12:54 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Hmmmm. I wasn't asking for photographic details - just players involved would perhaps spark my own recollection of the incidents you refer to .

I think if you cannot pinpoint the tackles you found offensive, then that suggests to me that the tackles may not be that 'squirmish'.

Agree on one thing DM - he's a clown.
Old 05 January 2003, 01:04 AM
Little Miss WRX

Am I supposed to know all of the players for every team???? FFS, I can't do everything.

Naturally Gerrard, Riise and Hamaan (sp?) automatically spring to mind. As for the rest? I told you, I need to see the numbers and names again. so that I Can be sure I am naming the players correctly. I am outspoken about crap tackles, but would rather be correct on who I am on about.
Old 05 January 2003, 08:31 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Hamann didn't play in that game Chelle - he's injured Liverpool aren't renowned for being a 'dirty' team, it's just not their style.

Gallagher should have been aware of that, if he knows his football and made allowances for the mistimed tackles on that disgusting pitch! You should have seen what was said about him on the YNWA bb
Old 05 January 2003, 12:20 PM
Little Miss WRX

I was naming who I knew in Liverpool not who I think was playing. lol

Quick Reply: Bloody Referees!