Notices
Sport General sport discussion

ITV and the Premiership

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2002, 08:49 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a supporter of one of the unfashionable teams, i am really starting to get pi$$ed off with the ITV coverage. Last weekend, midlands derby, first time we have played each other in the top flight for over 2 decades and we get a cr@ppy 1 minute slot at the end that doesn't even give the slightest inkling what happened in the game! It really does my head in, if it was London derby, we would had atleast 30 minutes coverage of a 0-0 draw!! I know its not just WBA who get this treatment, Man City suffer with us and to slightly lesser extent Villa and the blue noses! With the state of the game (money wise) in this country, a bit more coverage should be given to the smaller teams to try and stop little billy who lives in smethwich asking for one of the eight different Man Utd shirts for xmas!!

Old 17 December 2002, 02:49 PM
Little Miss WRX

Angry

Hear, hear!!!!
Old 21 December 2002, 10:36 AM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

It is a shame and not fair. Most fans of other teams don't like seeing Man U on ITV all the time. A bit of variety would be nice.

Mind, look at ITV1 and the Champions League. FC Basle have been on more times than Newcastle Utd...

Cheers