Notices
Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Further four new Gatso Cameras in Southend!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2003, 09:56 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Just been informed that a further four new Gatso Cameras have been installed on the way into southend, in addition to the two in my other post.

1) Mercedes Garage on A127
2) BMW Fairfield Garage on A127
3) Tesco on A127
4) By CTVA Car Sterios.

This is bloody ridiculous!!

I think someone is earning too much from the revenues to be able to afford 6 new cameras in one week!

Grrrrrrrrrr very annoyed!
Old 21 May 2003, 10:41 PM
guppy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

two new gatso's have also been put in Harlow in the past 2 days.

1. A414 between moat house hotel and clock tower.
2. Southern way by the ITEC centre.

Anyone fancy going into business with me makin them seems like a nice little earner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21 May 2003, 10:46 PM
scoobymike2
Scooby Regular

Bugger!!!!!!!!!!! Have to turn Snooper on.
Old 22 May 2003, 06:47 AM
rozzer
Scooby Regular

How can people complain so much when the cameras are in restricted speed limits ie 30 & 40 mph if you drive too fast then you deserve to get caught in those speed limits !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 22 May 2003, 08:12 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Rozzer,

What is wrong in informing people where they are?? It seems you are only complaining on the Gatso posts !!

If as I suspect by your username you are what you are , maybe you can disclose further Gatso's in the area as the Police like to refer to them as 'safety camera's' and not 'Revenue maker's' , it would be safer for drivers to know where they are to increase 'Safety' .

Nate.
Old 22 May 2003, 11:50 AM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Funny that one of the Gatso's has gone in on a stretch of road that had its limit reduced only a few years ago! another case of drop the limit and reap the rewards for Essex Police.

I think that the police should have to prove that these precise positions have had 3 fatal raod accidents caused by people with legal right to drive the vehicles exceeding the posted speed limit with in the last three years! This would either prove that they are acting in accordance with the Publics perception of the rules or that they primary interest is to raise money for their own gain.

In essex the first year of police receiving finacial benefit saw a factor of 20 increase in speeding tickets and a 30% increase in road deaths proving beyond doubt that Camera's are not effective in reducing road deaths unluckly only a police man could conclude from these results that the correct solution is to install more camera's. If you talk to Harlow residents they don't want speed camera's they want police to deal with issues like burglary and vandalism to there cars and not be afraid to go to they local fish and chip shop after dark but apparently harlow police have different priorties.

Official Police response to car tyres being slashed over night (published in local paper)was not to catch the people but just to say put you car in the garage well if the Police officer lived in Harlow they would know that most people have no access to a garage or they would already keep their car there but instead rely on the Police to protect them and their property obviously they have other things to do!

Old 22 May 2003, 09:39 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only time you can really speed up to the clocktower roundabout is about 7.00 am. It's for the traffic inbound into harlow which is really bods from the Mway either going to or from work. Both times it's quite busy.

I think they just need some money to pay for all those stupid bus lanes that clog the roundabouts up. Or some more speed humps that the persistant speeders (white vans and the mail men) just plough through at 40mph anyway.

how about a A414 bypass to clear the station roundabout while you're at it.

harlow traffic is a bloody joke, seems the council don't mind lapping up all that revenue from the companies that employ people that live outside harlow but loathed to put it back in.

I work in harlow, but you may have guessed that.

Paul
Old 23 May 2003, 12:07 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

I can't understand how they can't widen the roads to ease trafic because they don't want to Tarmac over the green bits but then tarmac them for empty bus lanes?

I live in Harlow have done for 30+ years and there was talk years ago of a bypass for the A414 but the current Government thinks sitting in trafic pumping out exhaust fumes is greener than a bypass? and now they are talking about doubling the number of people living in Harlow by building on the green bits and surrounding area? with the current road problems it is madness but then again they don't live here!

I am sure the houses propossed by the govenment will in part be built on the farm land they "saved" from being a by pass? this of course saves the planet!
Old 23 May 2003, 12:18 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

This thread should be re-named 'Problems in and around Harlow'

Nate.