Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: How will you vote in the EU referendum?
Leave the EU
67.45%
Remain in the EU
22.75%
Don't know yet
5.49%
Won't be voting
4.31%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

EU Referendum

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2016, 12:41 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry I got that hopelessly wrong

It is number two

As ever check for yourself on google trends

I won't tell you how to do it, you can fvcking find out for yourselves

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 26 June 2016 at 12:42 AM.
Old 26 June 2016, 12:43 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
I could lock the poll...should I?
Yep, lock it
Old 26 June 2016, 12:47 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Lol, the Democrat speaks

You can not make this **** up

No do not lock it
Old 26 June 2016, 12:49 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Or make it a sticky, it will be both fun and informative to look back over it in the years to come
Old 26 June 2016, 12:51 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

I went to Sainsburys today to do my shopping and the girl on the till asked this foreign couple in front of me if they wanted help packing their bags. I thought ****, this is happening quicker than I expected!
Old 26 June 2016, 01:01 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

What's the difference between a brexiteer and Donald Trump

Actually harder than I first thought !!
Old 26 June 2016, 01:13 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

It's all kicking off in the Labour Party!

Corbyn has sacked Hilary Benn

I like Benn, he'd make decent Labour leader
Old 26 June 2016, 06:43 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Yes,

I doubt corbyn can survive

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 26 June 2016 at 06:44 AM.
Old 26 June 2016, 06:51 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

The narrative I can see coming,
And it seems born out by some post result posts on here

Is the brexiteers blaming the government

And they had no choice but to vote out

The key theme here is blame

Always someone else fault
Old 26 June 2016, 07:12 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2

I have a friend, a lay preacher, who's been a particularly vocal Brexiter and who now, like much of the country and inspite of his assertion to the contrary, is morphing in to a regrexiter. He blames the remain campaign for not being persuasive enough. This came up last night when I pointed out that Ebbw Vale, proud to have one of the largest number of out voters, also held the title of highest net recipient of EU funding. Why wasn't I or Ebbw Vale persuaded by this argument? he protested. My friend didn't blame himself or Johnson and Gove or the people of Ebbw Vale...he blamed my side of the debate!! Incredulous I had to bite my tongue. In fact I phoned my pastor (who's a mate) and who also happens to know said Brexiter and sought counsel as I was beside myself with anger. My stomach's still in knots even now.
Old 26 June 2016, 07:29 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

And the remainers are pouring vitriol on the brexiters. So what? Stop being so hysterical, it's not blame, it's a REASON for why they voted. And if the media stopped asking, they'd stop saying.
Old 26 June 2016, 07:32 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
I have a friend, a lay preacher, who's been a particularly vocal Brexiter and who now, like much of the country and inspite of his assertion to the contrary, is morphing in to a regrexiter. He blames the remain campaign for not being persuasive enough. This came up last night when I pointed out that Ebbw Vale, proud to have one of the largest number of out voters, also held the title of highest net recipient of EU funding. Why wasn't I or Ebbw Vale persuaded by this argument? he protested. My friend didn't blame himself or Johnson and Gove or the people of Ebbw Vale...he blamed my side of the debate!! Incredulous I had to bite my tongue. In fact I phoned my pastor (who's a mate) and who also happens to know said Brexiter and sought counsel as I was beside myself with anger. My stomach's still in knots even now.
This is not regret, it's fear of the unknown, and is common.

I've made this decision, is it the right one? Common human trait.

You need to stop this now, you are getting hysterical too. Or believing what the dishonest media are dishing up.
Old 26 June 2016, 07:46 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
And the remainers are pouring vitriol on the brexiters. So what? Stop being so hysterical, it's not blame, it's a REASON for why they voted. And if the media stopped asking, they'd stop saying.
People are only pouring vitriol in your fevered, conspritorial and bitter mind
Old 26 June 2016, 07:49 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Really? So the stuff I've read on facebook and the internet, the stuff on here, it's all in my mind?

Thank god for that.
Old 26 June 2016, 08:45 AM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems that the low spirits expressed on this forum are being increasingly reflected in the country. Where are our noble 'leaders'? Cameron and Co have gone very quiet but more worrying for those who voted 'out' is that the successful Brexiters, Boris and his merry men, have similarly vanished from view. Labour seem to be imploding, and are presently worse than useless as a result.

It's no surprise that many who voted to leave the EU are now wondering what the hell they have done. Someone, anyone, needs to get a grip of this and now. Do the Brexit leaders have a plan in place? Farage apart did they actually expect to succeed? I suspect No and No, and now they have no idea what to do next.
Old 26 June 2016, 08:48 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I suppose in olden days Pastor would be rubbing his hands , all those lost souls
Old 26 June 2016, 08:55 AM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
It's the wrong reason to vote out of the EU as a protest vote against our government though.

I was all for remain. It's probably all been discussed here before but my reason was the country at the moment is relatively stable so why change it. I suspect a lot of votes were immigration based. That won't change. My biggest fear was the French, illegal immigration is not a massive problem in this country, but my fear was the French would open the floodgates at Calais and the EU would stick their fingers up at us when we try and do something about it.

Low and behold, I read yesterday that the mayor of Calais wants the uk to move our border back to Britain, and all the illegal immigrants at Calais with it.

I also suspect a lot of leave votes were cast because of the bullsh!t around the 350m extra to the nhs, save 50m a day nonsense. What the actual deficit is regarding what we pay to be in the EU and what the country recieves back is I don't know, but for years the governments defence budget has decreased and decreased and that will now have to be built back up. Which is going to cost a hell of a lot of money.
Old 26 June 2016, 09:00 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
I suppose in olden days Pastor would be rubbing his hands , all those lost souls
He pastors a depressed valley in South Wales, Duncan. There was an abundance of lost souls already.
Old 26 June 2016, 09:06 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

So far ......the French gov are ignoring major of Calais

I think nige should ask eu grant lol , steamroller a village near Dover to build holding complex

Last edited by dpb; 26 June 2016 at 09:15 AM.
Old 26 June 2016, 09:11 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paben
It seems that the low spirits expressed on this forum are being increasingly reflected in the country. Where are our noble 'leaders'? Cameron and Co have gone very quiet but more worrying for those who voted 'out' is that the successful Brexiters, Boris and his merry men, have similarly vanished from view. Labour seem to be imploding, and are presently worse than useless as a result.

It's no surprise that many who voted to leave the EU are now wondering what the hell they have done. Someone, anyone, needs to get a grip of this and now. Do the Brexit leaders have a plan in place? Farage apart did they actually expect to succeed? I suspect No and No, and now they have no idea what to do next.
Nobody wants to take a poison chalice! To lead post-Brexit is to receive a hospital pass of epic proportions. Cameron's checkmated his mate.
Old 26 June 2016, 09:14 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXrowdy
It's the wrong reason to vote out of the EU as a protest vote against our government though.

I was all for remain. It's probably all been discussed here before but my reason was the country at the moment is relatively stable so why change it. I suspect a lot of votes were immigration based. That won't change. My biggest fear was the French, illegal immigration is not a massive problem in this country, but my fear was the French would open the floodgates at Calais and the EU would stick their fingers up at us when we try and do something about it.

Low and behold, I read yesterday that the mayor of Calais wants the uk to move our border back to Britain, and all the illegal immigrants at Calais with it.

I also suspect a lot of leave votes were cast because of the bullsh!t around the 350m extra to the nhs, save 50m a day nonsense. What the actual deficit is regarding what we pay to be in the EU and what the country recieves back is I don't know, but for years the governments defence budget has decreased and decreased and that will now have to be built back up. Which is going to cost a hell of a lot of money.
Alot more than we will have ever savEd by leaving the Eu.

Not that alcazar can see it....
Old 26 June 2016, 09:19 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Can anyone suggest why Lib Dems think we could get back/ be invited to re-join again ?
Old 26 June 2016, 09:23 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Another 500000 migrants on their way to blighty , music to the protest voters ears lol

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...cid=spartanntp

Last edited by dpb; 26 June 2016 at 09:26 AM.
Old 26 June 2016, 09:24 AM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by dpb
Can anyone suggest why Lib Dems think we could get back/ be invited to re-join again ?
So nearly half the countries population will vote for them in the next general election maybe.
Old 26 June 2016, 09:25 AM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Nobody wants to take a poison chalice! To lead post-Brexit is to receive a hospital pass of epic proportions. Cameron's checkmated his mate.

There are some on here suffering from a great sense of loss, even crying about it. But actually there are plenty of lesser countries than the UK (that's most of them in my view) that do very well in the world without being part of some super group of nations and instead prefer to walk their own path.

'Cometh the hour, cometh the man'. Or woman of course. Let's hope so, and poison chalice or not, someone needs to get a grip, and fast.
Old 26 June 2016, 10:02 AM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

There are some on here suffering from a great sense of loss, even crying about it. But actually there are plenty of lesser countries than the UK (that's most of them in my view) that do very well in the world without being part of some super group of nations and instead prefer to walk their own path.

'Cometh the hour, cometh the man'. Or woman of course. Let's hope so, and poison chalice or not, someone needs to get a grip, and fast.
Not a particularly compelling argument for seismic change, "There are plenty of other 'lesser' countries doing OK".

At least the point I made some time back (pre-vote) that the intellectually challenged were potentially dictating this result is now being acknowledged publicly (Andrew Marr etc). Too late then, even more so now.

This country is more stupid than I imagined.
How long before the thickos realise they've been had over?
Old 26 June 2016, 10:04 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Mark me down as one of that number.
Old 26 June 2016, 10:12 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I am sensing a deep sense of loss; a death of humanity and solidarity. I am grieving, and I will allow myself to grieve. In my quarter of the century of living on this Great Britain's soil, I have never before seen such a divisive and dark event. The likes of me have no choice but to accept it and be with it. We have and we will. But at this moment of time, I say to whosoever: cry if you want to. Grieve as much as you want to. After all, it is a loss. Feel it, bear it, express it.
Old 26 June 2016, 10:14 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Lol, that is the same response you get from anyone who cant face simple facts

If you disagree, get the data, it will be available and do the fvcking math

but somehow I suspect you won't

Its the same with science denier like warren, show these lunatics graphs of temperature rises

(the earths temp record has been literally smashed month on month in the past year)
show them graphs of sea level rises, show them graphs of a reduction in arctic sea ice, show them the data on rapidly disappearing glaciers)

And you get the same moronic response

"I don't believe you la la la "

If you doubt the data - do you own research and rebut what has been presented - THAT is how science/research is done

Not the fantasy lone Jekyll and Hyde way you seem to think - some lone maverick genius with a table full of smoking bubbling glass jars - jeez wtf

Get the data, do the math or stfu

Fvck me this is madness

No you don't get it either.

Its this belittling rhetoric that has in my opinion caused the greatest swing to an exit. The London based media is scurrying round looking at statistics from every where, some bonafide, some not and drawing ridiculous conclusions from them. The Guardian's reports on this is the perfect examples. The guardian hasn't properly referenced their data. It should be done according to the Harvard referencing system which is the accepted method of using and publishing findings based on third party data/information, also no journalist has signed it off as their own works (edit: it was Caelainn Barr ) . So what we have is a poorly referenced article with the journalist not being properly held accountable.

Its the same the nation over with various media outlets, publicists, politicians, councilors, union representatives, spin doctor etc.

Now bear in mind I VOTED IN. I can see this for what it is; A ridiculous attempt to draw a conclusion on a short-minded assumption. And you've fell for it, like many have with the reporting given over the past few months from both the Exit and IN coverage.

I'll end with this thought....What happens to a group of people if you treat them all like imbeciles and morons over a extended period? I'll answer that for you; They tend to either rebel and become obstructive or accept that label and behave as such.

If the Guardian et al. wishes to label exit voters as stupid and mock a person's intelligence, ok; As I pointed out earlier with d'Ancona's article, they among many other have already done and continue to do so. However they are now paying that price.

My advice is stop blaming and belittling people who voted with same old pathetic rhetoric and instead blame the ones who influenced them. Mocking someone because they followed Farage or Boris etc isn't the answer, it just cemented their viewpoint.

Last edited by ALi-B; 26 June 2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 26 June 2016, 10:23 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Living in Wales this made me want to laugh and cry:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...vale?CMP=fb_gu
This is what I don't understand about the way the Welsh voted. Ultimately On the local level Wales is a net beneficiary from the EU, guess it's just goes to show the turkeys will vote for Christmas if you sell them a good story first.

Quick Reply: EU Referendum