View Single Post
Old 03 February 2007, 07:19 PM
cdfracing
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done a fitting guide for newage stoppers ... I would have done one for classsic's aswell But i don't own one,

Im sure Someone will be kind enough to post a guide as soon as they fit there's

These do come with diagrams to help you along but do have chinese writing ,

REMOVE THIS COVER

Now remove the bracket that was holding that cover on- 10mm socket if I remember correctly

Now start to remove the larger bracket holding all the cables in,. Think there are 4 bolts

You will need to disconnect the three cables- press in the clip and pull

When this is done you will need to get yourself a pair of pliars and pinch where the cables are coming through the bracket to release them

Cut this cable tie

Install the new large bracket into the holes where the old bracket was - make sure they are nice and tight

The auctual stopper part for the newage models is the largest m8 screw and a red stopper part. It is fitted onto the end of the bracket and must be lined up with the metal part where the brake fuild goes

You can adjust this to however you like - 1mm cap is recommened,

You can now place the small part you removed from the start into the old holes where the bracket for the cover went - it is up to you if you place the bracket back on for the cover , i have chosen to leave mine off

Reconnect the cables

Use the cables ties in the pack ti tidy everything up

And off you go , you will notice the difference when fitting this bracket - the other small part is not needed , it is just a holder for the small part in photo 11 - it is far too much trouble to remove it from that bracket , ** Please note this is only a guide , if you are not too sure- pop it round your local garage and they will have it fitted in 15 mins for ya

Last edited by cdfracing; 05 February 2007 at 06:31 PM.