Old 15 June 2011, 05:15 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonc
Knowledge implies that what is known is true on the basis of solid evidence. You can say that you know there is a god, however, how can you know if this is the case unless you are able to show that this is true?
Because if God is a placemarker for the unknown, I know it exists; if God is the Universe, I Know it exists; if God is the source of all life, I know it exists; if God is the Sun, I know it exists; if God is our collective consciousness, I know it exists; if God is the sum of human knowledge, I know it exists; if God is my conscience, I know it exists; if God gave rise to beauty, love, happiness, wisdom and fidelity after 3.8 billion years of evolution, I know it exists and if God is abiogenesis, I know it exists. If God is a bird singing, an act of true altruism, a baby's first breath, Mozart, sunset from Vesuvius, sunrise from Table Mountain, the eyes of a chimpanzee or my Mother's unconditional love, I know God exists. If God is my desire to find truth and my sense of self beyond the atoms that make up my body, I know it exists.

Take each of these things, and a thousand others, and you have my God. If you feel any of the things I've listed do not exist, I'm happy to listen. If you're unhappy with my use of the word God to describe the whole that each of those parts make, then c'est la vie.

Last edited by JTaylor; 15 June 2011 at 05:23 PM.