New alarm or cctv/pir?

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2012, 09:49 PM
sharpydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New alarm or cctv/pir?

Ill try and keep this as short as possible

I've had my scoob for nearly 8 years now and its spent most of that time as a second car and kept in a garage. Due to a change of circumstance the car will be going back to daily driver and no garage. Last time I was in this situation I had trouble with ******* unable to keep there hands to themselves, my front bumper went walkies one night and my rear spoiler ripped off whilst parked at a friends. This was probably around 6 or 7 years back so im hoping my turbo 2000 wont attract as much attention these days. However im still paranoid and want to up the security level, particularly while its parked on my drive so i can sleep at night.

I have a budget of around £300, I can go higher but would sooner go lower if possible

Can anyone recommend either a driveway security system that will warn me with an alarm/chime or a good car alarm with a proximity sensor. Either must be pet tolerant (lots of cats in my street).
Old 22 December 2012, 12:20 AM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sharpydoo
Ill try and keep this as short as possible

I've had my scoob for nearly 8 years now and its spent most of that time as a second car and kept in a garage. Due to a change of circumstance the car will be going back to daily driver and no garage. Last time I was in this situation I had trouble with ******* unable to keep there hands to themselves, my front bumper went walkies one night and my rear spoiler ripped off whilst parked at a friends. This was probably around 6 or 7 years back so im hoping my turbo 2000 wont attract as much attention these days. However im still paranoid and want to up the security level, particularly while its parked on my drive so i can sleep at night.

I have a budget of around £300, I can go higher but would sooner go lower if possible

Can anyone recommend either a driveway security system that will warn me with an alarm/chime or a good car alarm with a proximity sensor. Either must be pet tolerant (lots of cats in my street).

Where in the uk are u mate

Ian
Old 22 December 2012, 07:14 AM
Blue and Gold
Scooby Regular

I'd get yourself something that chirps if someone gets too close small animals such as cars aren't normally enough to set it off so you shouldn't see too many problems. I'd also invest in a full steering wheel disklok as stealing parts isn't the done thing nowadays, they will just break into your house for the keys and take the whole car to strip at their leisure if they want it for parts
Old 08 January 2013, 09:57 PM
sharpydoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Where in the uk are u mate

Ian
Staffordshire
Old 09 January 2013, 09:01 AM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sharpydoo
Staffordshire
Ring my Mate Exec Spec 0115 9229 252 asl for Snoops and say ian from Mobile Car alarms put you on
he can advise u best he is closer tou you

Regards Ian
Old 09 January 2013, 09:48 AM
carlstoke63
Scooby Regular

Default Ip camera

Hi mate the best thing is ip camera there on eBay for about £40 I've got one as long as you have Internet what happens every time some one goes near my car it takes pics and sends them to my phone and my email it allso records it lets you no soon as it is activated time stamp and date it's allso infra red bet 40 quid I've spent you can have it wired or wireless check them out