Notices

cheapest full closure and remote start alarm??????

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2010, 10:41 PM
T4YLOR 83
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheapest full closure and remote start alarm??????

as above what would be the cheapest option for an alarm fitted to a late classic with full closure on the windows and a remote start and possibly a turbo timer function aswell
any help greatly appreciated
Old 01 July 2010, 10:45 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

clifford concept 650 mk2 but be expected to pay around £400 for it fitted. i wouldnt fit anyother alarm.

this comes with built in turbo timer. or can work with a turbo timer. (if you go to someone who says this cant be done. then find someone who knows what they are doing )

hope that helps mate
Old 01 July 2010, 10:47 PM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

I was thinking of remote start too on MY00 classic, I already have a Apexi turbo timer.

Let me know how you get along or if you know whats required for the remote start only.

Old 02 July 2010, 08:14 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

why remote start ?

surely anti lift,extra siren hidden in boot, back up battery etc is more important than useless add ons like remote start ???
Old 04 July 2010, 12:34 AM
T4YLOR 83
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Rig
why remote start ?

surely anti lift,extra siren hidden in boot, back up battery etc is more important than useless add ons like remote start ???
Well not really mate I want remote start so I can leave my aircon on in the car and 10 mins before I leave my 1st floor flat I can cool my car down ready to put my children in there and the same vice versa in the winter I can leave my heating on so I would say it's a worthwhile option wouldn't you ??
Old 04 July 2010, 01:11 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Hmmm.

unless the remote start is tied to a distance to the fob then i suppose,but if not, its a bit of a lame exchuse to have the car running just inviting some1 to put the window thru,snap the steering lock and off they go

its not like our country gets 45 degrees + and it doesnt take 2 minutes for the car to cool down with the windows open

kids are tough enough to handle 10 mins of heat/cold

each to their own i guess
Old 04 July 2010, 10:07 AM
porky_wrx
Scooby Regular

Think my old chap has a brand new boxed alarm with total closure and remote start he only wanted £120 for it got all thatchem certificates with it if your interested shouldn't cost much to get it fitted
Old 04 July 2010, 10:08 AM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

Hmmm.

unless the remote start is tied to a distance to the fob then i suppose,but if not, its a bit of a lame exchuse to have the car running just inviting some1 to put the window thru,snap the steering lock and off they go

its not like our country gets 45 degrees + and it doesnt take 2 minutes for the car to cool down with the windows open

Normally when you release handbrake the engine cuts out (same as my turbo timer)
Old 04 July 2010, 10:35 AM
T4YLOR 83
Scooby Regular

Hmmm.

Being that my youngest is only 3 months old and a car gets really hot inside when left in the sun ie straps and seatbelts can burn him it doesn't cool down straight away and as magneel said you can't drive the car without the keys and anybody with half a brain knows that including criminals so that's your little argument floored also mid winter when it's below freezing inside your car if you start it 10 mins before by the time you get in the car it's nice and warm and all the frost is gone off the windows so you don't have to stand out in the freezing cold looking like a tit scratching the **** out of your windows
Old 04 July 2010, 10:37 AM
T4YLOR 83
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by porky_wrx
Think my old chap has a brand new boxed alarm with total closure and remote start he only wanted £120 for it got all thatchem certificates with it if your interested shouldn't cost much to get it fitted
Why make is it mate?
Old 04 July 2010, 11:50 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T4YLOR 83
Being that my youngest is only 3 months old and a car gets really hot inside when left in the sun ie straps and seatbelts can burn him it doesn't cool down straight away and as magneel said you can't drive the car without the keys and anybody with half a brain knows that including criminals so that's your little argument floored also mid winter when it's below freezing inside your car if you start it 10 mins before by the time you get in the car it's nice and warm and all the frost is gone off the windows so you don't have to stand out in the freezing cold looking like a tit scratching the **** out of your windows

touchy touchy

its your car

but anyone with half a brain as you put it knows how to join the ickel little wire under the handbrake to keep it running

still a crap excuse tho,the kids,mine were and are fine, from 2 mths old to 7 yrs

but enjoy looking over your shoulder making sure the car is still there when using "super remote start" gifting the theft of yet another scoob
Old 04 July 2010, 02:16 PM
T4YLOR 83
Scooby Regular

touchy touchy

its your car

but anyone with half a brain as you put it knows how to join the ickel little wire under the handbrake to keep it running

still a crap excuse tho,the kids,mine were and are fine, from 2 mths old to 7 yrs

but enjoy looking over your shoulder making sure the car is still there when using "super remote start" gifting the theft of yet another scoob
Ok mate well done because every divvie little car thief is actually a qualified auto technician and after they have smashed the window in a residential street there going to sit there for another 5 mins looking for the wire and working out if it's a normally open or normally closed circuit and thats also based on the guess that that didn't let the handbreak off first and then the engine cut off allready!!!
And that is presuming that it's on the handbreak and not the footbreakthe same as my mates 1 is!
So why not just admit that your WRONG and take a seat before you hurt that tiny pair of brain cells you have floating around in your otherwise empty head !!!!!!!!

Last edited by T4YLOR 83; 04 July 2010 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04 July 2010, 03:41 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Bless
Old 04 July 2010, 06:24 PM
T4YLOR 83
Scooby Regular

yeah keep laughing mate your the 1 who looks like a complete ********
Old 04 July 2010, 06:28 PM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

I believe Taylor just wants advice on how to do this & not an argument.

He is doing it for his own reasons and just needs advice on how to do it & whats needed.
Old 04 July 2010, 06:45 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

True.

i just like the way he has to Argue like a 15 yr old and throws little words into a discussion and gets all shirty like a girly

bless him

i havent argued back at all,just commented

as you say,his car.

His Sig sums him up really

onwards

Last edited by The Rig; 04 July 2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04 July 2010, 11:34 PM
T4YLOR 83
Scooby Regular

ha ha mate you put your little bit of input in and were WRONG but still have to try and claw back a bit of dignity (but failing) and then you say im arguing like a 15 year old when your the 1 calling me a "girly" ha ha really mate you making yourself look even worse than when you threw a guess about something you knew nothing about and were completely WRONG and wouldnt let it lie

oh and as for you mentioning my signature...... take a look at your profile pic
seriously just give it up, oh and maybe do a bit of research before you open your mouth
Old 04 July 2010, 11:36 PM
T4YLOR 83
Scooby Regular

and by the way thanks magneel that is what i want but some people have to open thier mouths with an unwanted opinion without actually knowing the facts but i suppose some people just cant help themselves
Old 04 July 2010, 11:46 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Funny ****, ive enjoyed it

Look forward to the "My cars been stolen thread"
Old 05 July 2010, 12:11 AM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

try investigating before typing ffs, if you depress the brake pedal without the key in, it kills the engine...
Old 05 July 2010, 12:24 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Hey,we all learn stuff everyday

BUT,the guy who see`s a scoob running with no-one in it thinks sweet, puts the window thru,damages the door/lock,we all know they are weak as chocolate,causes £££ of damage in his minutes of havoc then the owner of the scoob has to get it all fixed for the sake of "bling" options

would rather scoobs had anti lift/tilt extra sirens,dual denial etc etc but hey.
Old 05 July 2010, 12:30 AM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

yep, i see your point, and in response I'd say be careful as to what situation / area you trigger it. It is not just a bling option it has some practical use.

The alarm mentioned does have anti-lift / tilt also.