Notices

Problem with Sigma M40 alarm sys

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2010, 07:36 PM
tommyalan
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problem with Sigma M40 alarm sys

Today being 2/1/10 I finished work unlocked my car using fob, car unlocked i locked it nipped back into work come back pressed fob, now car won't unlock and alarm and imob won't dis-arm. i do not have the code for the keypad. the fob its self works, batterys been changed, L.E.D on fob is lighting up but alarm refuses to dis-arm. Anyone have any suggestions. Cos now when i open the doors(its a 5 door scooby imprez) alarm does not go off, but whwn boot is opened it goes off. At the moment its locked and in the armed state. i need to get the bloody thing dis-armed so i can start it.
Old 02 January 2010, 08:21 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

model and year please
Old 03 January 2010, 09:26 AM
tommyalan
Scooby Newbie

Default problem with sigma car alarm

its a imprez 2.0 turbo all wheel drive t reg 1999 on. not a hatchback if thats any use. tried again this morning fob still won't dis-arm.

Last edited by tommyalan; 03 January 2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03 January 2010, 12:27 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tommyalan
Today being 2/1/10 I finished work unlocked my car using fob, car unlocked i locked it nipped back into work come back pressed fob, now car won't unlock and alarm and imob won't dis-arm. i do not have the code for the keypad. the fob its self works, batterys been changed, L.E.D on fob is lighting up but alarm refuses to dis-arm. Anyone have any suggestions. Cos now when i open the doors(its a 5 door scooby imprez) alarm does not go off, but whwn boot is opened it goes off. At the moment its locked and in the armed state. i need to get the bloody thing dis-armed so i can start it.
May be the M30 do you have Keypad

Ian
Old 03 January 2010, 01:39 PM
tommyalan
Scooby Newbie

Sorry my bad it is a m30 and yes i do have a key pad. Code for it unknown but i can change it, but first i need to get the alarm dis-armed. Its sad really, just put £30 petrol in it, just had the cam belt changed no so long ago. Had the car for a year just never got rd to changing the code on the keypad. This is really the first problem I have ever had with it since i brought it.
Old 03 January 2010, 05:23 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

my fob didnt work yesterday but cleared all the ice off and it worked again i opend car doors with key then fob worked whilst sat in car central locking wudnt work till i got the car warmed up and fob worked you not near any mobile phone masts etc as this interferes with alarm frequency try movin car and try it again
Old 03 January 2010, 06:56 PM
tommyalan
Scooby Newbie

I've tried everything, I even got car towed 4 miles up the road and tried. No joy. Today the Sun has been beaming down on my car, totally defrosted still didn't work. I might just buy another alarm system instead, saves freezing outside trying to figure it out. I could get to the module and get it tested but don't want to. Dash has got to come out to get to it. Sod that in this Weather, just pay the price, Looking at the year of my Scooby , 1999 10-11 year old, Looked at it today. Boils down to the alarm module, Component Failure I was told. But thanks to every one who replied. many thanks.
Old 04 January 2010, 09:35 AM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tommyalan
I've tried everything, I even got car towed 4 miles up the road and tried. No joy. Today the Sun has been beaming down on my car, totally defrosted still didn't work. I might just buy another alarm system instead, saves freezing outside trying to figure it out. I could get to the module and get it tested but don't want to. Dash has got to come out to get to it. Sod that in this Weather, just pay the price, Looking at the year of my Scooby , 1999 10-11 year old, Looked at it today. Boils down to the alarm module, Component Failure I was told. But thanks to every one who replied. many thanks.
I can still get that alarm module and fobs if you need

Regards Ian