Notices

MY08 STi Alarm info

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2009, 10:15 AM
John Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY08 STi Alarm info

Some info for MY08 STi owners, concerning the Alarm system.
I had been experiencing an intermittent problem with my car alarm from just before Christmas. The car alarm was activating during the night, usually between 01:00 and 04:00 but only during sub-zero temperatures. The alarm was also texting my mobile phone, three or four times a night (when temperature was low enough) telling me the alarm was activating and the cars current GPS position, Street name and Post Code – all very annoying. The car was locked up in our garage, on every occasion the alarm activated.

The MY08 is fitted with a self diagnostic tool. To identify a problem, you just count the flashes of the alarm activity light. You then check this against the Alarm manual, to pinpoint your specific problem.

I had the ultrasonic sensor's sensitivity turned down yesterday (took about 30 mins, including testing).
Old 13 January 2009, 01:38 PM
stuart2008sti
Scooby Regular

touch wood no problems with mine, however parked on a beach and went for a walk with wife and children we walked that far the car was just a dot and then my phone went to say the alarm had gone off had to run back took me about 20 min sweat dripping off me to find an ice cream van had driven close and set it off.
Old 13 January 2009, 09:38 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by John Hughes
Some info for MY08 STi owners, concerning the Alarm system.
I had been experiencing an intermittent problem with my car alarm from just before Christmas. The car alarm was activating during the night, usually between 01:00 and 04:00 but only during sub-zero temperatures. The alarm was also texting my mobile phone, three or four times a night (when temperature was low enough) telling me the alarm was activating and the cars current GPS position, Street name and Post Code – all very annoying. The car was locked up in our garage, on every occasion the alarm activated.

The MY08 is fitted with a self diagnostic tool. To identify a problem, you just count the flashes of the alarm activity light. You then check this against the Alarm manual, to pinpoint your specific problem.

I had the ultrasonic sensor's sensitivity turned down yesterday (took about 30 mins, including testing).
Bet you pooped your pants the first couple of times it happened didn't you?

I was on holiday when my alarm text me.Luckily it was only down to me being stupid and had left my boot lid ajar before we left!

It took half a day for me to know this though.The first text didn't mention anything about the battery being low.It wasn't until the second text 5 hrs later telling me that the battery was at 5v that i realised that all was well.

I was having kittens and couldn't really call anyone to go and have a look because of the time difference.

Last edited by renny; 13 January 2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 13 January 2009, 10:56 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

its a pain in the **** lol mine does it only when its parked on bloody gravel or a slight incline texts my mobile then the home phone aswell at all hours of the day