Stolen Scooby

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2008, 06:48 PM
Scooby_Beeb
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stolen Scooby

Hey guys.

I had my house broken into and the keys to my car were the key reason, along with wallet and phones etc.

I had a tracker on the car and it was found, thankfully without much damage, needed new locks etc, and the garage have taken on teh repair of a few scuffs on the wheels.

Anyway, may question is:

Do I sell my car to stop this happening again, I am going insane just wandering what to do.

Had a new house alarm fitted and am getting a wheel clamp, just worried that the car makes my house a target for a lesser individual.

appreciate your thoughts

Old 04 June 2008, 06:53 PM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby_Beeb
Hey guys.

I had my house broken into and the keys to my car were the key reason, along with wallet and phones etc.

I had a tracker on the car and it was found, thankfully without much damage, needed new locks etc, and the garage have taken on teh repair of a few scuffs on the wheels.

Anyway, may question is:

Do I sell my car to stop this happening again, I am going insane just wandering what to do.

Had a new house alarm fitted and am getting a wheel clamp, just worried that the car makes my house a target for a lesser individual.

appreciate your thoughts

I'd keep the car mate you have earned you wanted it don't let scum put you off owning one.
Have you thought about one of these http://www.shawlein.com/The_Standard..._Type/king.JPG

That should keep them at bay.
Old 04 June 2008, 06:58 PM
Scooby_Beeb
Scooby Newbie

Yeah, got one! she is old and sleeps when people break in!

I assume those guys wont take it now, just if someone else has a pop!.

It would be a shame, I have only had it a few months. I have loads of models etc, and worked hard to get one, the alternative is a GOD-DAMN VECTRA!!!

Old 04 June 2008, 07:38 PM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

What about CCTV mate, it's not too expensive these day's either, a disclok, Clifford Alarm with proxy sensor and Blackjax and a Ram post on your driveway.
Old 04 June 2008, 09:48 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

ram posts i think are the best, along with disklok and cctv..... then the only bad thing is if they see all that then they might decide to jus vandalize ur car instead, thats y i hate these scumbags! all the cars ive had had something done...back window in my xr3i got smashed (first car aww, lol) then my v6 vectra had massive scratches down each side everynow n then, never caught em. then same scratches on my golf gti. actually saying all this, my scooby hasnt been touched yet, plus ive moved to my girlfriends house which is apparently supposed to be worse than where i live (quiet village) and had no trouble yet! but best detterents ive found so far would be cameras, real or not, so long as theres a wire from the unit going into ur house (or u can try and make it look so) and the lock posts. even just gravelling your driveway, u can hear anyone walking onto it in enough time to get ya trousers on n get outside to give em a good beating! good luck tho, its just jealousy. dont sell ur car just cuz of them, like the guy said earlier, uve earned it. theres always a way! just dont go wiring the outside of the car and handles to ur battery....think in the papers a guy done that once and some thief touched the handle to break in and got the shock of his life! lol

Ash
Old 04 June 2008, 09:50 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

also maybe a sensitive proximity security light? wether anything like a cat or bird sets it off or not...u know that twocer's wont attempt to break into something thats fully lit up in full view of your surrounding neighbours
Old 05 June 2008, 05:09 PM
Scooby_Beeb
Scooby Newbie

Awesome responses guys, makes me feel more like keeping it, I was worried about the aspect of people coming back to be honest.

I have cctv but not put the camera up yet, so that will be done now!

I will go for a wheel clamp and disklock now, and then get the post fitted, just hope I dont hit a gas pipe when digging down, that will be a little bit of a Scooby MOD!
Old 05 June 2008, 08:32 PM
Cream
Scooby Regular

What about an inconspicuous dead switch, So even if the have the keys the car won't start. Years ago I had one on an Astra GTE. Makes it a lot easier to sleep at night knowing the car won't start even if they have the keys
Old 05 June 2008, 10:26 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

you can buy electric and metal readers that read the ground, detecting where pipes are etc mate, before digging. plus the average post is only two foot, and gas pipes are lower than that. PLUS ive just thought, u can buy the posts that just lock to a metal plate, or swivel up and down to drive over...dont think u HAVE to have the ones that go deep in the ground. think the ones i mentioned only have do have half a foot dug out for them. infact ill look on ebay now for ya for some prices (ill post link when done this text)

AS FOR....the dead switch, ur right. i have one on my impreza...its a clifford one. basically, i have a switch next to my handbrake (its bloody annoying by the way when people press it down thinking its a windiw switch) but basically when its pressed down at any point, then the car will not start whatsoever, no electrics will work, the car will be dead. until i do this little routine (which gets me evrybloody time, the amount of times ive done it wrong and the alarm goes off and the police come!) where i have to flick the switch, press it a certain number of times (wont say how many times, dunno whos looking!) and then flick the keys back and fourth a certain number of times, then the electrics come on and the car can be started. im not sure what this is called, but maybe u shud invest in one. its bloody good cuz i cant even get the car started sometimes!

ebay links by the way

Security Post Parking Driveway Bollard Folding posts on eBay, also Other Security Electrical, Security Electrical, Car Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 06-Jun-08 21:00:00 BST)

another one:
SECURITY POST PARKING DRIVEWAY BOLLARD FOLDING BOLT on eBay, also, Other Vehicle Parts Accs, Other Vehicle Parts Accs, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 06-Jun-08 21:00:00 BST)
Old 06 June 2008, 10:02 AM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Better with an anti hijack system fitted
Old 06 June 2008, 10:03 AM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Angry Im a victim also

Why did it have lock damage if they had the key's or have i miss read ???

ps sorry to here about this m8 im a victim 3 times now

Right this is from recent exsperience cctv...I had 4 cameras 24hr colour recording monitor the works ,they wore huds police cdnt see a thing ..

Disc lock.. my first car was found with the lock still atached they open the door and turn the whole wheel the police said ...

Cat 1 alarm and immob was discconected ..

black jax .... Was complty stripped out

My car was rolled off my drive 1 car was pushing it from behind and 1 steering it in front both bumpers damaged the car was never started but the damage was so bad it was written off ...

All the items above are good to make job harder for car theives but beleive me it dont stop them,If they want it they will take it simple its not nice to know this is my own exsperience ,ie car following me ,trying to break in ,and in the end just brut force and they just take it any way they can .....

Ps surely this was a joke .........

quote ...u know that twocer's wont attempt to break into something thats fully lit up in full view of your surrounding neighbours ....

Last edited by BIG FUD; 06 June 2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06 June 2008, 11:15 AM
p1junkie
Scooby Regular

back in 2001 i had a dogs bollocks p1 modded and carbon interior full defis stereo everything had the car 2 yrs then while on holiday in broad daylight at 9.00am just after my mum had left the house and my kids had gone to school the ****ers got into the house and found my hidden keys
the only thing stopped them was the blackjax
whole familly affected by it
so sold car bought a dobermann and fitted an alarm system and cctv
there are some real scummies out there but for every car they steal someone ends up buying the bits
everyone ought to be aware when buying stuff where it comes from u never know
Old 06 June 2008, 01:41 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

no it wasnt a joke....it seems different from wat area were from. round ehre there are some proper scumbags, here at my missus house where im living now, and also where my folks live, but abck where parents live, its so quiet that in daylight, or like i said, a security light, thieves wouldnt touch a thing. now thats jus me speaking from where i live, i didnt mean everywhere.... as for where i live now, its worse, but my cars alright as the girl im with, her family are pretty big and well known so havent had trouble yet! had one crackhead lookin person lookin through the window once and see that he had a screwdriver in his hand, so i ran out, n he clocked which house i came from and started apologising! couldnt believe it. as infront of my gf's house is an alleyway leading to houses, obviously they have to park their cars up here, so cars down this street could be anyones. But with the threat of a serious hiding or disfiguring coming from touching my car, it helps me sleep at night, lol

Have anti hijack on my car too...tip, if u get out the car when the engines running, have the windows down as its locked itself on me a few times from getting out the car, lol

also thinking about getting a turbo timer fitted...could someone explain to me exactly what it does and how i go about getting one fitted? as my alarm is a clifford one would i need someone from clifford to fit it? as i take it that it has something to do with the immobiliser aswell? lol i dunno, someone clue me up
Old 06 June 2008, 01:42 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

oh and to "markward" ur story makes me sick! how someone would make that much effort to steal a car, does make ur stomach turn.
Old 06 June 2008, 02:50 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Angry yes makes me sick m8

Originally Posted by ash002004
oh and to "markward" ur story makes me sick! how someone would make that much effort to steal a car, does make ur stomach turn.
Yes mate i had to move out serious we was in house 9 months 2 cars stolen cdnt sell the house so i had to rent it out ,before this i have owned over 50 sports cars ie porsche m3 subz evo 22b ect ect never a problem untill i moved to the area where i grew up thinking i be ok,i was far from it its not just them stealing it its them following you watching u go out in ya works van and breaking in when ya wife and daughter are in..

my wife had a evo 7 i drove my 22b we was getting followed on a daily bases and let me tell u this is in a area that ive lived in 20+ years talk about gone down hill in past year its not right,ive now moved to a alot quieter place so thingers crossed .....
Old 06 June 2008, 02:52 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Angry mods

Originally Posted by ash002004
To be truthfull when they know you got 25k worth of parts alone they will chop ya hands of never mind break in never again will i disclose my mods any where

Last edited by BIG FUD; 06 June 2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06 June 2008, 03:11 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

bloody hell, i feel for you. thats disgusting, being followed about. its not as bad as that around here, maybe the real rich people and their landrover sports etc but still not as bad as that. u get the few break ins, but that well turns my stomach what u said. the fact that u had to move aswell its horrible. Even going tot he local mp doesnt do justice... as for disclosing mods, bit dodgy on forums as thieves come on these sort of sites to case people. thats the benefit of being a fully paid member i guess, only other fully paid and trusted can see the forums. i would become a full member but never got paypal money inthe account, have no debit or credit card and they dont take postal orders, lol. Might jus see if anyone on here has paypal, n send them postal order then they can send that amount into my paypal account from theirs so i can join. wat a palava lol.

but serious i think thats horrid. police are useless everywhere u go, guess only thing good worth getting is a tracker then u know the police can find it, but it still doesnt count out all the hassle. judical system aint strong enough to keep re-offenders from doing so. can remember when i was in primary school and ud se police everywhere, walking, in cars, vans, im 23 now and i see the odd T5 driving about and once in a full moon a walking bobby, theyre like rare birds spotting them!

Ash
Old 06 June 2008, 03:50 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

bloody hell, i feel for you. thats disgusting, being followed about. its not as bad as that around here, maybe the real rich people and their landrover sports etc but still not as bad as that. u get the few break ins, but that well turns my stomach what u said. the fact that u had to move aswell its horrible. Even going tot he local mp doesnt do justice... as for disclosing mods, bit dodgy on forums as thieves come on these sort of sites to case people. thats the benefit of being a fully paid member i guess, only other fully paid and trusted can see the forums. i would become a full member but never got paypal money inthe account, have no debit or credit card and they dont take postal orders, lol. Might jus see if anyone on here has paypal, n send them postal order then they can send that amount into my paypal account from theirs so i can join. wat a palava lol.

but serious i think thats horrid. police are useless everywhere u go, guess only thing good worth getting is a tracker then u know the police can find it, but it still doesnt count out all the hassle. judical system aint strong enough to keep re-offenders from doing so. can remember when i was in primary school and ud se police everywhere, walking, in cars, vans, im 23 now and i see the odd T5 driving about and once in a full moon a walking bobby, theyre like rare birds spotting them!

Ash
Old 06 June 2008, 03:51 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

sorry didnt know that posted twice!
Old 06 June 2008, 06:45 PM
sarahscooby
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up keep the car

hi mate i was a victim last year mark ward will tell you, i was coming back from shopping when a car pulled up across my drive (in daytime) 2 lads got out and one tryed to take the keys out my hand and the other tryed to get in the car and my 3 year old was in the back i was fighting one of them off for about 5 mins i wasnt giving in no way he gave up in the end the other guy ran off when he saw the littlen and i ran after the other to the car screaming at them calling them all sorts. i tell you what if you work for what you want you keep it. nobody is getting my scooby lol thanks to the scce club also who came to the resuce that day to admitingly it has made me more weary now especialy hoodys and bandaners around there faces, chin up keep the scooby its YOURS not theres !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06 June 2008, 09:10 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Smile hi sarah

Originally Posted by sarahscooby
hi mate i was a victim last year mark ward will tell you, i was coming back from shopping when a car pulled up across my drive (in daytime) 2 lads got out and one tryed to take the keys out my hand and the other tryed to get in the car and my 3 year old was in the back i was fighting one of them off for about 5 mins i wasnt giving in no way he gave up in the end the other guy ran off when he saw the littlen and i ran after the other to the car screaming at them calling them all sorts. i tell you what if you work for what you want you keep it. nobody is getting my scooby lol thanks to the scce club also who came to the resuce that day to admitingly it has made me more weary now especialy hoodys and bandaners around there faces, chin up keep the scooby its YOURS not theres !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is correct aint stopped our sarah coming to the meets and keeps on going in her sexy wagon
Old 06 June 2008, 09:42 PM
greenperil
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that mate breaking in to nick keys seems to be the most simple way. i have one of these seems to do the trick

Old 07 June 2008, 12:35 AM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

thats a horrible experience, someone turning up on ur drive in broad daylight??! if that happened to me, id be doing time in the nick i swear. that must of been horrible. ive had people follow me before but wasnt anything to do with my car, does make u paranoid though! friends are the best help things like that i think

Ash
Old 09 June 2008, 03:32 PM
Scooby_Beeb
Scooby Newbie

Default You are all 'Gods of Scooby Net'

Guys I cant thank you enough.

Reckon the beast is staying, loads of hints etc taken on board.

I know have the disklock, wheel clamp, cctv, lights on front and back and side. Upgraded house alarm.

Awaiting the ram post as it will be an extra, also some sneaky tricks. Just want them staying out of my house and away from the family! scumbags!

Already had a Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser, but pretty useless against the man with the key!.

Make sure all keys are split and hidden.

Sounds like the police know who it is without proof! The law is an ***! 8-(