Notices

Rac trakstar

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2008, 06:17 PM
Rubberscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rac trakstar

Is it best to get this direct from RAC or can you get special offers elsewhere ?

How much should I be looking at too ?
Old 13 May 2008, 07:07 PM
howellsy42
Scooby Regular

i had mine from gap security and iv had nothing but problems with it when i moved my car on a trailer it never used to go off iv now had my third tracker replaced by trackstar havnt paid a single months charge since iv had it and think its free till next year at some point !!
Old 28 May 2008, 11:39 AM
brownjd5
Scooby Regular

Default Tracker Monitor

I am not sure you can get the RAC to fit a tracker anymore (best check their website). I had a Tracker Monitor (TRACKER Network - Leaders in anti vehicle theft and automatic vehicle location technology) fitted for £399 to my GB270 before I picked it up two months ago. I do not know the actual location on the car where it was fitted (no use torturing me to find out where it is Mr. Thief) but Tracker did confirm it was working properly for me. Subscription costs are £120 p.a. or £350 single payment (I chose single payment). Makes a big difference to my insurance (£330 comp.) or maybe I am so old now that I am not such a bad risk anymore?

Hope this helps.
Old 06 June 2008, 11:06 PM
Cream
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brownjd5
I am not sure you can get the RAC to fit a tracker anymore (best check their website). I had a Tracker Monitor (TRACKER Network - Leaders in anti vehicle theft and automatic vehicle location technology) fitted for £399 to my GB270 before I picked it up two months ago. I do not know the actual location on the car where it was fitted (no use torturing me to find out where it is Mr. Thief) but Tracker did confirm it was working properly for me. Subscription costs are £120 p.a. or £350 single payment (I chose single payment). Makes a big difference to my insurance (£330 comp.) or maybe I am so old now that I am not such a bad risk anymore?

Hope this helps.

Is that one off payment all you have to pay? The reason I ask is I'm about to take ownership of a 2005 WRX SL which has a TRACKER installed. I've just been onto there web site to see how much it is to get it activate.
the answer was
Annual subscription £125.00
Duration of Ownership subscription* £350.00

the * had me intrigued so I looked up what the * was for.

* TRACKER Response provides duration of ownership subscription lasting for 3 years only.

whippy a full £25 saving.

So now I'm not sure what to do.
a. cover the car for a year
b. Cover it for life (well 3 years as it turns out)
c. Not bother at all, Do I want it back if some little &%^$ has ragged the hell out of it?

My current insurer (Esure) aren't bothered if there is a TRACKER or not. Maybe January when my insurance is up for renewal is a time to see if the added security is worth it?
Old 07 June 2008, 02:51 PM
brownjd5
Scooby Regular

Default Tracker Monitor

Yes "Cream" the £350 covers the duration of "my" ownership of the car for the Tracker Monitor system that I have. The other types of trackers have different deals (the "Response" system is where they actually send a uniformed numpty to wait with the vehicle once it is located and I suspect this is why the £350 only covers three years).
If your insurance company do not care if you have one fitted or not then I, personally, would not bother, why waste £125 p.a. especially as you might not actually want the car back if it is lifted? For peace of mind a decent Cat 1 system and a bit of physical security is as good as anything in my opinion. I only went for the Tracker Monitor because where I live (Glasgow) I could not get insurance without it.