Notices

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2008, 02:28 PM
just visiting
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help

I have a 95 wrx and have just changed the engine like for like just the block all old anciliries fitted it has been off the road with no batt conected for 12 months. I got everything finished and reconnected the batt turn the key and the fuel pump was not working so replaced and still no joy, I have now noticed that only the drivers door is opening when I press the key thob on toad remote the light on the dash for the alarm seams to be working fine which is a toad ai606. the alarm was fitted when I bought the car and have no paper work for it I have a key but don't know if it is for alarm. I am unsure if this is an alarm or electrical problem relay etc I have checked fuses but everything is in japanese just a slight problem. Any help would be very much apreachiated.
Old 25 February 2008, 04:02 PM
just visiting
Scooby Regular

also just noticed that the parking lights are not working the switch on top of steering col and when I turn headlights on with this switch in the on position the tail lights dont work. other things I have just noticed is there is no check engine light coming on at all even when turning the ignition to on and the hand brake light is on even when the hand brake is off.
Old 26 February 2008, 07:57 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

more than just alarm
Old 26 February 2008, 10:26 PM
just visiting
Scooby Regular

I have today wired the fuel pump up to a live and the fuel pump worked but the car would not start does anyone know any good auto elec in the newcastle area.
Old 27 February 2008, 06:44 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Check all your wiring in the engine bay again. You probably have not connected something or have a short and a fuse has blown. If the central locking and the sidelights are not working as before then probably a connector is defective.
Old 28 February 2008, 03:41 PM
just visiting
Scooby Regular

UPDATE, I have removed passenger seat and removed carpet in footwell and is soaking wet could the ecu be dead now?