NW Clifford Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2008, 08:03 PM
Biomaj
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NW Clifford Questions

Hi All,

This is my first post, although I have been lurking here for a while whilst contemplating getting my first Scooby. I've taken the plunge and am picking this up tomorrow afternoon : WRX STI Prodrive

Am far too excited !

However, I'm a bit concerned about security and have been thinking about getting a Clifford installed. I used to have one a while back, and I particularly like the idea of having BlackJax back.

I have spoken to a company, who I don't want to name, but they have offered me the top Avant Guard system for £864. It seems a lot to me, and also there were a series of questions which I wasn't happy about such as you'll need to give the installer £45 cash onsite to remove the Sigma alarm.

Without meaning to start a duplicate thread to the other already running, could you guys let me have the benefit of your knowledge on whether to go for this or not ? I feel like I'm being ripped off, so probably am.

If it's not a fair price, could anyone point me in the direction of somewhere close to Warrington who could fit one for me ?

Also, I've read about insurance issues with the IntelliStart and Turbo Timers, so am very concious of not getting these 'features' as I suspect I'll use them a couple of times and then not bother. What are your thoughts ?

Wow, what a long first post. Thanks for bearing with it to the end guys !

Cheers
Mike
Old 07 January 2008, 11:01 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

can't comment on the price - but Cliffords are excellent alarms. dont bother with the '..start' and '..timer' - you are right in saying u will hardly ever use them

alan
Old 08 January 2008, 09:11 AM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

Clifford (United Kingdom) - Find a Store

the postcode is a guess so it may be way out....
Old 17 January 2008, 01:08 PM
PhilA
Scooby Regular

£50 to get your old alarm removed is ok but some dealers will do if free cause you are buying a new one from them anyway.
Intellistart/turbo timers are not insurance approved.
Paying more than £500 for a clifford is insane. I have the receipt for my clifford from the previous owner and he paid £450 and that was with extras.