Notices

Car alarm settings Viper 480xv

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2007, 09:16 PM
Joescoobs74
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Car alarm settings Viper 480xv

I have a viper 480xv alarm installed in my car and would like to change some of the features. The current settings are all set to default e.g. passive arming after 30 seconds, without locking the car. I would like to set the alarm to also lock the doors after 30 seconds and also enable the ignition controlled door locking system. The users manual I have mentions all of the features but does not tell you how to change them! I know some will argue that this is done for a reason, but I'm sure that with care the procedure can be carried out correctly.

I know that there are some professional installers on SNET, so a step by step guide to changing these settings would be greatly appreciated.
Old 18 April 2007, 07:52 PM
Joescoobs74
Scooby Regular

Anyone?!
Old 18 April 2007, 08:21 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i have one oft hese, so do a few others.
mine was like urs, i got home, all the snazzy features listed in the book were OFF !! cheek !

i have got a procedure using the valet button to arm everything but it does all the relevant chirps but doesnt actually set the passive arming/forced arming etc, you`ll have to take it back to where it was installed or an installer to do it.

and remember, the settings are PER FOB, i had the pager setup and one day used the spare 4 button fob, nought worked, took it back in a huff, found out its per fob, so get all fobs done !!

saying that, i only use the 4 button fob, as the batteries go like every 3-4 weeks in the pager and i got fed up with it !!
Old 19 April 2007, 09:23 AM
Joescoobs74
Scooby Regular

I have changed settings on several other alarms I owned over the years (Clifford,Cobra ), but no-one seems to know the procedure to change this one! Very frustrating, I mean its hardly rocket science!
Old 19 April 2007, 10:25 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Matey,did you not read what i wrote ?
It needs to be programmed via the Bitwriter,only way to do it.
as i said,i have the proceduree to do it via the valet button non nthe dash but it doesnt actually do it becuase it nneeds the bit writer to enable the options.
it doesnt take them long, 5 minutes if that really,ive been back 3 times due to the battery going on th epager annd nnot knowing it was fob related etc.

currently i have VRS,Passive arming,forced passive arming enableed,VRS is good, but be careful,if u let it run its cycle u need your pin code to overwrite it, i found this out whene i was testing it !
Old 20 April 2007, 12:53 AM
Joescoobs74
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Rig
Matey,did you not read what i wrote ?
It needs to be programmed via the Bitwriter,only way to do it.
as i said,i have the proceduree to do it via the valet button non nthe dash but it doesnt actually do it becuase it nneeds the bit writer to enable the options.
it doesnt take them long, 5 minutes if that really,ive been back 3 times due to the battery going on th epager annd nnot knowing it was fob related etc.

currently i have VRS,Passive arming,forced passive arming enableed,VRS is good, but be careful,if u let it run its cycle u need your pin code to overwrite it, i found this out whene i was testing it !
Cheers mate, money grabbing barstewards nothing can ever be simple!