Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK Blobeye Sigma

Guys can 2 sets of window lifters be retro fitted to a standard type UK sigma

Cheers
Old 19 December 2006, 10:35 PM
weemac2000
Scooby Regular

'oe alarm sam ' is the Man who has all the info. As far as I understand it the nswer to your question is 'yes' as follows:

WIRE 4 (GREEN/RED – Programmable Accessory Output 2)
This output is turned off if the alarm is in it’s standard form but can be programmed to be supply a ground (-ve output) only whilst the remote key button remains pressed on arming i.e. for window closing etc. This output is rated at 200ma only, so you must use a relay for the window closers.
Old 20 December 2006, 12:54 PM
"OE Alarm" Sam
BANNED

As Subaru models do not have a dedicated "Total Closure" circuit that can be activated directly by the alarm it is necessary to fit window lift units to these vehicles.
As posted above, it is possible to operate window lifters from the Standard UK fit Sigma M30, however, the number of lifters units required and how these need to be connected to the alarm depends on the type of window lifter unit you purchase.

Option 1
The Sigma window lifter units (AC22M) will only lift a pair of windows, so you would require 2 of these units to lift all four windows.
As these lifters were intended for universal fitment (possily to vehicles that may not have "anti-trap" window motors), as a safety feature the units only remain active WHILST they receive a negative input from the alarm unit - ie you must actively raise the windows by continuing to depress the radio key button when arming the alarm.
This output is generated on Wire 4 from the alarm, but only once the alarm unit is reprogrammed using the keypad, enter: *17856*07*1#

NB With this output active the Panic facility will no longer be available when pressing and holding the radio key button in a similar manner.

Aswell as providing a safety feature, the manual operation also allows you the flexibility of only lifting the windows part way or even leaving them down whilst still arming the alarm (obviously the ultrasonic sensors should be disabled before leaving the vehicle to prevent false alarms if leaving the windows open)

Option 2
Window lift units from other brands, such as Toad, often require a constant negative input, continually whilst the alarm system is armed. These type of window lift modules contain a built in "thermal-trip" which cuts the output to the window motors when the windows reach full travel. One unit of this type may also lift all four windows from the one unit.
The output for these lifters is generated on Wire 3 from the alarm without any further programming to the alarm unit.

This method would not allow you to leave the windows down on the odd occasion - as the system will always attempt to fully close the windows when the alarm is armed.
Although this allows you to arm the alarm with a normal brief press of the radio key button and walk away with the windows closing automatically, it does raise some safety issues, especially if the vehicle's window motors do not have an "anti-trap" feature.
The Panic feature would also operate when the radio key button remains pressed as normal with this system.

General
As these outputs from the alarm are not used on current Subaru models, these wires may not be present in the alarm plug, but the locations can be identified embossed on the 20-pole alarm connector and wires can be added.

In both cases the negative output on Wires 3 and 4 are both low current negative outputs (max 200mA), so if the window closer units to be fitted require more current than this to switch them, then a relay should be used.

Hope that's some help,
SS

Last edited by "OE Alarm" Sam; 20 December 2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 24 December 2006, 03:36 PM
PPPRob
Scooby Regular

Sorry for the late reply but thanks for that

I will be using the sigma lifters and yes I'll need 2 kits, thats what I asked in the first place, I didn't know you could buy/use other Co.'s parts with that alarm anyway.

I've had M30s on other cars in the past so I know window lifters can be fitted, I just wanted to know if they could be retro fitted to an existing install.

Thanks again