Notices

scorpion 1218t problems

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2006, 03:35 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scorpion 1218t problems

Anyone know anything about these alarms....... have one fitted to my my00 import,has been fine for the 18 months i have owned the car,then last sat night i went out to grab a pizza and on my return it now does not work..... tried a new battery in the key fob,but i doubted its that anyway as its a passive arming system with cat 1 approval when fitted,and it does not arm by itself irrespectice of the fobs operation.... i think its dead read the little manual that i have,but it does not give much information to be helpfull,car starts and runs ok so nothing on the imobilization circuits are active,certificate shows instalation was in 2000 so do these things not last forever then? what are my options with this now...i need an alarm system with cat1 approval for insurance purposes never mind the security feature.... what should i replace it with and any reccomendations for the Birmingham area..... pm me if you have info that you dont want to publicise.

martin
Old 05 November 2006, 06:54 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

yhpm
Old 07 November 2006, 06:02 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

Well i unplugged the control unit under the dash,refitted the plugs and the unit seems to have reset itself and is now working ok again?? i think i was lucky that it has a spasm when i was driving as the imobilizer circuits had not activated so i could still drive the car.... but will this happen again or just a one off.... should i just get the scorpion ripped out and another new alarm fitted in its place that i can trust?
Old 04 December 2006, 12:09 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

Well its failed again now,but this time the other way round,can unloc the doors with the key fob no problem,but car wont start due to the imobilizer not de activating so no feed to fuel pump..... bloody thing,but lucky it happened on my drive really,so its getting ried out as i type this for a new cobra 8188 cat 1 unit to be fitted.....that hopefully will be the end of the matter.
Old 05 December 2006, 05:25 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rigga
Well its failed again now,but this time the other way round,can unloc the doors with the key fob no problem,but car wont start due to the imobilizer not de activating so no feed to fuel pump..... bloody thing,but lucky it happened on my drive really,so its getting ried out as i type this for a new cobra 8188 cat 1 unit to be fitted.....that hopefully will be the end of the matter.
Remove and replace good Scorpion out of business for a while now

Ian
Old 06 December 2006, 08:11 AM
rigga
Scooby Regular

yep no more problems now its been replaced......