Notices

Toad Moon alarm, says moon 433 on fob

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2006, 07:24 PM
Criss
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toad Moon alarm, says moon 433 on fob

Can you get an add on to make the windows go up when you've locked the doors? Or is it already built in! It only has 2 buttons on the fob.
If so how easy is it to fit, im quite good with electrics when drunk!

Or can anyone give me a link to somwhere that has info on this alarm please
Old 28 September 2006, 09:47 PM
howellsy42
Scooby Regular

i think if you only have two buttons on your keyfob you cant have the add on and im also let to belive that the toads with only two buttons arent cat 1s or 2 i may be wrong
Old 28 September 2006, 09:51 PM
Criss
Scooby Regular

Time for a new alarm me thinks, when the internals have been done to make it nickable

Thanks anyway
Old 28 September 2006, 09:51 PM
M555JHE
Scooby Regular

my old scoob had a toad cat 1 on it, it had 2 buttons, didnt do windows, i just bought a toad 606i which does everything! £120.00 new with cert
4 buttons
Old 28 September 2006, 11:40 PM
evolutionice.com
BANNED

the Toad C4&C5 have 2 button half moon shaped remotes and they are thatcham 2-1 and 1 respectively.

You can add on a module to close the windows.
Old 29 September 2006, 09:09 AM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

The Toad A51s, A101CL & A210TC also have a 2-button radio key a green and a black button surrounded by a black casing. These have an armed negative output which can also be used to activate a closure module. As this is a constant low negative output when the alarm is armed though it is important that the total closure module you choose to have overload protection circuitry in as to shut the module down when it feels resistance either from persons from within the vehicle (Hanging their arms through the window! ) or more commonly when the windows are fully shut - to stop the window motors being driven anymore. Although what you are describing in your title "Toad Moon" would seem to suggest a Toad Compact Alarm as evolutionice.com has suggested above, but however on all the compact ranges Thatcham approved and non-Thatcham approved C1, C2, C3, C4, C5 these also have an armed negative output and can also be configured as the statement above describes.

Last edited by MikeyN; 29 September 2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01 October 2006, 12:31 PM
Criss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeyN
The Toad A51s, A101CL & A210TC also have a 2-button radio key a green and a black button surrounded by a black casing. These have an armed negative output which can also be used to activate a closure module. As this is a constant low negative output when the alarm is armed though it is important that the total closure module you choose to have overload protection circuitry in as to shut the module down when it feels resistance either from persons from within the vehicle (Hanging their arms through the window! ) or more commonly when the windows are fully shut - to stop the window motors being driven anymore. Although what you are describing in your title "Toad Moon" would seem to suggest a Toad Compact Alarm as evolutionice.com has suggested above, but however on all the compact ranges Thatcham approved and non-Thatcham approved C1, C2, C3, C4, C5 these also have an armed negative output and can also be configured as the statement above describes.
All that has gone over my head and landed about 6000 miles away

I think im just going to get a new one installed
Old 02 October 2006, 09:33 AM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Criss
All that has gone over my head and landed about 6000 miles away

I think im just going to get a new one installed
Just take your vehicle along to your nearest Toad dealer, they will first of all verify the system on your vehicle and secondly quote you on the necessary work for any accessories you may want installing - such as a window closure unit. This will be cheaper and more cost effective than getting a whole new alarm system installed, I am confused really why you would choose this route??

Just in-case you need to know where your nearest Toad dealer is, contact the Sales department on 0870 417 7795 and select option 3 and them give them your address details in turn they will let you know where your nearest dealer is.

Hope this helps, without confusing you too much.

Regards

Mike.N

Last edited by MikeyN; 02 October 2006 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02 October 2006, 08:00 PM
Criss
Scooby Regular

Much better

Just that the last toad dealer I spoke too said it would cost me £200 to have my alarm taken out and re-fitted so I could get the certificate for my insurrence!

**** that and paid someone £30 to sign and stamp it on the sly
Old 03 October 2006, 09:58 AM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Criss
Much better

Just that the last toad dealer I spoke too said it would cost me £200 to have my alarm taken out and re-fitted so I could get the certificate for my insurrence!

**** that and paid someone £30 to sign and stamp it on the sly
Hi there,

Now I am confused.

Your local Toad dealer should be able to inspect the alarm system to ensure it has been fitted correctly, test the operation of the alarm system to ensure it is working as effectively as it should and then complete a new certificate of installation with both the alarm details on together with the new owner details (Being yours), and then a copy of this can then be forwarded onto your insurers to help gain a discount on your policy (Where an approved Thatcham security device has been installed onto your vehicle) such as the C4T and the C5T2 and the AI606. This will all be done usually for a small fee, your alarm system WILL NOT require removing and installing. I see you managed to obtain a certificate in the end though, just not via the correct avenues by the sounds of it! I thought I would just post up this msg to clarify the correct procedure of obtaining a new certifcate of installation for your alarm system for anyone who would require one in the future.

Regards

Mike.N

Last edited by MikeyN; 03 October 2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03 October 2006, 07:46 PM
Criss
Scooby Regular

Its probably becase it may not have been fotted by a toad dealer and they were trying to skank me out of abit of cash (easy target, they thought )