Notices

Sigma Alarm Help (M4 Model)

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2006, 10:45 PM
dupavoxe
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigma Alarm Help (M4 Model)

Hi brought a new car recently with a sigma alarm fitted, (M4 model) as of 2 days ago one of my keys has stopped working,

what i would really like to know is, where would my remote keypad be loacated in my car as it is not in view and after about 2 hours ripping apart my interiour i have had still no luck in finding it, all i managed to find is the main cpu box? if thats what its called even if any one could tell me what set of wires it is connected into that would be a big help(then i might have better luck trying to trace it) (im not sure if it patched into the connector labled "main" or one of the single connectors on the other side of the siren connection.)

is it something that plugs in only when u want to re-program keys/ set up (hoping that would fix my fob problem, using the spare at the moment) or is it always in the car and very well hidden,

and as much as i would LOVE to own a scooby~ it is fitted in a saxo VTR instead but your forums seem to be the only resource i am able to find with ANY information on these alarms,

Any help is much appriciated,

Thanks in Advance
//Ben
Old 18 June 2006, 12:24 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Although the keypad is standard on the M30 Cat 1, it's an option on the M4, so it looks like it's not fitted to your vehicle.
If you've found the alarm ECU it would normally be connected in the 6-pole socket marked "KP" (keypad) I assume you only have a single 6" black wire exitting this connector on your system (the aerial wire).

If you wish to purchase a keypad (Sig MK1) from a Sigma dealer it will plug in, replacing the aerial connector, and no programming further mods or programming is needed.

You can then reprogram your keys etc as posted elsewhere on this site.

SS
Old 18 June 2006, 10:45 AM
dupavoxe
Scooby Newbie

Ahh thanks for that info sigma sam,

went to go look, its got only a single black lead comming of the 6 pin connector as you said

looks like i need to get my wallet out and buy some accessories

thanks Again
//Ben
Old 24 June 2006, 12:34 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Should only be IRO £20 for an MK1 keypad and it just plugs in so an easy DIY job without the labour.

SS