Notices

clifford alarms

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2005, 07:54 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Default clifford alarms

what are they like and how much are they, need a cat 1 alarm on my new car and i was considering the clifford concept one. are these alarms worth the cash ??
Old 31 October 2005, 07:56 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Clifford for features

TOAD for reliability and quality

Me, I prefer the Toad Ai606
Old 31 October 2005, 09:22 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What he said. You get get a Toad off ebay for about £115 and then get it fitted for about £100.
Old 01 November 2005, 01:48 AM
gazbrook
Scooby Regular

Clifford alarms definitely are pricey but in my opinion worth the money. I have a clifford G5 950 which is an alarm and immobiliser , with anti hijack and turbo timer built in. It depends on if the money is an issue as they're not cheap :-( .
Old 01 November 2005, 10:56 PM
naughtydog
Scooby Newbie

what area are you in??

Naughty
Old 02 November 2005, 03:27 AM
gazbrook
Scooby Regular

do u mean me? if you do, i live near pudsey in leeds.
Old 02 November 2005, 09:12 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gazbrook
Clifford alarms definitely are pricey but in my opinion worth the money. I have a clifford G5 950 which is an alarm and immobiliser , with anti hijack and turbo timer built in. It depends on if the money is an issue as they're not cheap :-( .
how much is that one mate?
Old 05 November 2005, 05:33 AM
gazbrook
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CyprusScooby
how much is that one mate?
It was just over £600 fitted. Or bloody expensive!
Old 06 November 2005, 04:47 PM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

just bought my car and its got a concept 300 its got loads of add ons and the alarm is faultless.iv'e always thought of cliffords to be a problem but touch wood very good alarm,not sure of cost but it couldnt of been cheep as its got full closure and works with the apexi turbo timer.
Old 07 November 2005, 11:40 AM
scooby.reed
Scooby Regular

Wink Clifford Concept 600

Got one of these for sale if your interested. It has all the toys with it. Ive never got round to having it refitted but its got 3 BRAND NEW LOOMS ( THESE COST £100 ALONE) which you need as all the wires are black so thieves dont know which wire to cut. Has anti hijack etc etc

If you read any write ups on the 600 its THE BEST ALARM THEY EVER MADE TRULY CREME DE LA CREME (cost over a Grand when new) you'll never want anythiong else other than this once fitted

If interested its yours for £200 and that is a steal..likeI said the looms are £100 so you get the alarm etc for £100

Let me know mate
Originally Posted by stevebt
what are they like and how much are they, need a cat 1 alarm on my new car and i was considering the clifford concept one. are these alarms worth the cash ??
Old 09 November 2005, 10:39 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby.reed
If you read any write ups on the 600 its THE BEST ALARM THEY EVER MADE TRULY CREME DE LA CREME (cost over a Grand when new) you'll never want anythiong else other than this once fitted

If interested its yours for £200 and that is a steal..likeI said the looms are £100 so you get the alarm etc for £100

Let me know mate

RRP on the C600 was £675 FITTED
Old 09 November 2005, 10:45 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby.reed
Got one of these for sale if your interested. It has all the toys with it. Ive never got round to having it refitted but its got 3 BRAND NEW LOOMS ( THESE COST £100 ALONE) which you need as all the wires are black so thieves dont know which wire to cut. Has anti hijack etc etc

Let me know mate
Might be interested in that mate!
How come your selling it?
Old 12 November 2005, 11:36 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

Not trying to put you off but get some quotes for fitting it, it wont be cheap
Old 13 November 2005, 08:11 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

i think clifford are crap, the one on my scooby is f***ed, and its reced the central locking on my car. ive been told to get this other one, carn't remember which one it was. but was told this some times happens. but what ever one it was + refit & repairing the central locking. £400 smackers. well thanks clifford
Old 25 November 2005, 12:41 PM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

if you get a clifford you need to get it installed by a reputable installer. 99% of problems from clifford security systems come from hows its installed
Old 25 November 2005, 01:53 PM
Broxi
Scooby Regular

I got a Clifford, They are the Daddy's
I bought one of the Ai606's off eBay for a Mates Scooby. Then I fitted it for him, Took it for a Health check and got Insurance aproval.
Old 07 December 2005, 11:52 PM
Lord Bass
Scooby Regular

I've had a clifford on my last 2 cars including this one both had the full works with intellistart etc. i've never had a problem with them surely they would not give a lifetime warranty if they were sh*t
Old 23 December 2005, 08:17 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Clifford alarms are great when working but a nightmare when not and the warranty side of them is utter crap. I have had my concept 300 sent away twice now (fitted by approved dealer) to fix one remote the flashers and bleep on the alarm. The first time it took them 3 weeks to get the unit back, the repaired remote did not work and they only fixed the bleep so off it went again and now it is coming up to 5 weeks later and still no sign. So It has taken around 8 weeks now and they still as far as I know have done nowt with the rest that needs repairing and they have just packed in for xmas which means I will have been waiting for them to get off there **** and sort it under the lifetime warranty for around nine weeks. The car has been stuck in the garage all this time and unless I have the alarm fitted its not insured aswell, this also means I cant use it which means taxi, metro,bus journeys and also means I have just lost nearly 2 months of my insurance which aint cheap either, so I guess i wont use a Clifford again.
Old 23 December 2005, 09:41 PM
SCOOBYRICH740-20-0
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lord Bass
I've had a clifford on my last 2 cars including this one both had the full works with intellistart etc. i've never had a problem with them surely they would not give a lifetime warranty if they were sh*t
any one had one fitted by gap security
Old 28 December 2005, 07:06 PM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SCOOBYRICH740-20-0
any one had one fitted by gap security
i bought my scoob with an alarm already fitted.. some toad top of the range i think.. seems pretty good apart from even after being charged 50 quid by powerstation the turbo timer still won't work with it.. the alarm was originally installed by gap security or at least thats what the reciept says.. seems to work no problems believe the tracker was fitted by them too..
Old 02 January 2006, 09:40 AM
evolutionice.com
BANNED

Originally Posted by GREEN SCOOBY
Clifford alarms are great when working but a nightmare when not and the warranty side of them is utter crap. I have had my concept 300 sent away twice now (fitted by approved dealer) to fix one remote the flashers and bleep on the alarm. The first time it took them 3 weeks to get the unit back, the repaired remote did not work and they only fixed the bleep so off it went again and now it is coming up to 5 weeks later and still no sign. So It has taken around 8 weeks now and they still as far as I know have done nowt with the rest that needs repairing and they have just packed in for xmas which means I will have been waiting for them to get off there **** and sort it under the lifetime warranty for around nine weeks. The car has been stuck in the garage all this time and unless I have the alarm fitted its not insured aswell, this also means I cant use it which means taxi, metro,bus journeys and also means I have just lost nearly 2 months of my insurance which aint cheap either, so I guess i wont use a Clifford again.

This sounds more like a dealer problem than a Clifford problem. Turn around on repairing units is generally 7-10 days. Clifford don't usually fix remotes either. They aren't part of the lifetime warranty so i would hazard a gues that the dealer tried to fix it themselves. The siren chirp problem is probably related to the internal battery, when the voltage gets low it doesnt give an arm/disarm chirp but it will still sound when it goes off. Again sirens arent covered under the lifetime warranty, due to them being in a "hostile" enviroment. It will probably require a replamcement unit.

There seems to be alot of misunderstanding when it comes to alarm systems and their reliability. Toads are considered very reliable while Cliffords get slandered for their problems. Most people seem to forget that Toad alarms are extremely basic systems. They consist of boot, bonnet and door switches along with a set of ultrasonic sensors. This means there is very little to go wrong. Clifford by their very nature are much more advanced and come with a host of sensors which can all cause problems if they are not set up properly. As someone said previously, a Clifford is only as good as the installation, but i would take it one step further and say it is also only as good as the car it is fitted to. I have fitted many clifford systems and have only had a couple of problems that were easily rectified.

If anyone has any speific issues or questions relation to Clifford/ Avital/ Viper/ Hornet/ Toad/ Tracker/ Trackstar products then please feel free to fire them in and i will try my best to help you out.

Gav.
Old 05 January 2006, 01:55 PM
786evo8
Scooby Regular

Default help please

hi Gav,

ihope you can help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.
ve just had a c650 with turbo timer on a evo8.

my problem is that my central locking is playing up, when every the car is running and the doors have locked, if you unlock the doors via the drivers side from inside it locks and unlocks super fast again and again...........etc

i had it fitted by a Clifford approved centre and the guys telling me its my central clocking motor messing up, or something like that. the only thing is that it worked fine before with my other remote C/L alarm.

I don’t mind getting a new C/L motor but I still think it wont work.

Thanks a huge bunch for you help!!! Its driving me crazy

p.s if my passage door is open the alarm doesn’t tell me and still sets ie doesn’t bleep 3 time, could that have something to do with it or if that anther problem

Old 05 January 2006, 06:08 PM
evolutionice.com
BANNED

if the alarm doesn't tell you that the passengers door is open then the installer has probably tied into the wrong wire. Try it with all the doors and see if it works with them. If you have a delayed interior light (one that stays on after the door is closed) then the "door ajar warning" wont work.

The central locking issue could be a few things depending on how it was intergrated into the alarm. It's possible that there may be a fault with the door switch inside the lock.