Notices

uk 99 sigma problem

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2005, 07:53 PM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uk 99 sigma problem

A friend of mine is having problems with a uk99 impreza alarm.It keeps going off and the keyfob makes no difference at all.It was going off all day while he was away,and he told me that he,s had to disconnect the battery...

Any help appreciated...
Old 08 October 2005, 08:26 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

Mine was doing similar things going off when in Garage. But fob used to stop it, but it just went off again. Subaru just reset the system no more problems.
Old 10 October 2005, 11:52 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by rooferman
A friend of mine is having problems with a uk99 impreza alarm.It keeps going off and the keyfob makes no difference at all.It was going off all day while he was away,and he told me that he,s had to disconnect the battery...

Any help appreciated...
Could do with some more info to help....

You say the the alarm was "going off all day" - this doesn't ring true, as the system has a built-in anti-nusance feature, to meet European legislation, where by a "faulty" circuit can only cause an alarm trigger 10 consequtive times, subsequent inputs are ignored. Are you sure that the system was genuinely triggering all day, ie siren sounding and indicators flashing?

When you say the "key fob makes no difference" I assume you mean that the alarm system is not responding to the Radio Key - this could be down to a number of reasons.
Did you try the spare Radio Key?
Did you try new batteries in the Radio Key?
Could you not disarm the alarm with the system's PIN and overide Keypad?

In this instance, disconnecting the vehicle's battery is possibly the worst thing you could have done. Rather than just sounding 10 times, when the vehicles battery is disconnected the battery back-up siren will sound continually until discharged, but with no indicator flash - could it be this that you heard all day? With the vehicle's battery disconnected the Radio Keys would have no effect.

A "faulty" circuit can be manually overiden to prevent further "false" alarms by
pressing 0 on the keypad with the ignition on, before leaving the car. This ignores any inputs from he last circuit to cause a trigger the next time the system is armed.

Before any diagnostic work can be done to identify the original problem, the vehicles battery must be re-connected and the system needs to be disarmed, either using a working radio key or the systems PIN.
If you dont have either of these, then your Subaru dealer can obtain the system's PIN for you, from the systems serial number, if you can provide
them with the V5.
Once you have a PIN and the system can be disarmed, you can re-set the PIN to one of your own choice and it will be possible to identify the circuit that has been causing the triggers.

SS