Notices

Alarm locking itself, help!

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2005, 10:46 AM
Keef69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm locking itself, help!

Sorry, not a Scooby question, but my girlfriend has an X reg Nissan Vanette and it has not been used for months. We took it in for an MOT as we are going to sell it now and it passed. Then took all the signwriting off, T-cut and waxed it all ready for sale (Took a long time!). She has had to use it today as the other van is in the garage and every time she opens the door and gets out, the door closes and the van locks itself! Anyone got any ideas? Is there a backup battery that may be getting low and causing the locking?
Old 30 September 2005, 01:55 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keef69
Sorry, not a Scooby question, but my girlfriend has an X reg Nissan Vanette and it has not been used for months. We took it in for an MOT as we are going to sell it now and it passed. Then took all the signwriting off, T-cut and waxed it all ready for sale (Took a long time!). She has had to use it today as the other van is in the garage and every time she opens the door and gets out, the door closes and the van locks itself! Anyone got any ideas? Is there a backup battery that may be getting low and causing the locking?
Have you used the van previously without this problem?
Sounds to me like a slam lock feature of the security system.

We supply a large courier company with systems to do the sam thing to prevent their drivers leaving the vehicles unlocked.
SS