Factory Alarm/immobiliser Question

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2005, 05:56 PM
A.B
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Alarm/immobiliser Question

Hi all

So for my first post i hoped it would be something interesting but alas it's not.

Just bought myself a '97 2000 turbo, i'm assuming that the alarm and immobiliser are standard factory units (so i'm led to believe) has anyone got the instructions for the remote - think i managed to immobilise it by mistake and this led to an embarrasing car park incident.

Remote is approximately 3cm X 2 com with a ribbed bottom half and two buttons- the top one has one small line and the bottom button has 2 small lines, arming the alarm is a continued push on the top button and to disarm it's a continued push on the bottom button.

Trying to track owner instructions down but if anyone can help in the meantime that'd be awesome.

Many thanks

A.B
Old 06 September 2005, 09:53 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A.B
Hi all

So for my first post i hoped it would be something interesting but alas it's not.

Just bought myself a '97 2000 turbo, i'm assuming that the alarm and immobiliser are standard factory units (so i'm led to believe) has anyone got the instructions for the remote - think i managed to immobilise it by mistake and this led to an embarrasing car park incident.

Remote is approximately 3cm X 2 com with a ribbed bottom half and two buttons- the top one has one small line and the bottom button has 2 small lines, arming the alarm is a continued push on the top button and to disarm it's a continued push on the bottom button.

Trying to track owner instructions down but if anyone can help in the meantime that'd be awesome.

Many thanks

A.B
The current Sigma M30 system was not fitted as standard untill 99 MY, so your system is likely to be an aftermarket installation.
From the description the remote is not from a system that I recognise. Definately not a Sigma or Toad product.
You dont mention an LED on the remote - if there isn't one it may be a Meta system, but I dont remember those remotes too clearly other than that.
Perhaps someone else may recognise it and put a name to the system.
Sorry I can't be of more help,
SS