Notices

Help required please Sigma Sam !

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2005, 10:00 PM
Mike1609
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help required please Sigma Sam !

Hi SS,

I have seen your previous post regarding the upgrading of the euro spec alarm transmitter using part SACC3507. I have an MY05 Euro import that has the M30 fitted and are looking to replace the separate transmitter with the UK Subaru key part but have a couple of questions:
1) My current Sigma transmitter has 2 batteries whereas the Subaru Euro key only has 1. Does this cause any problems with the UK Subaru key part?
2) Also, i would like to change the aftermarket bonnet alarm switch again to the one fitted to the Uk spec cars. Is this a straightforward swap as the current switch has only 1 wire connected to it, is this the same as for the uk spec bonnet switch?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
Old 04 September 2005, 09:24 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by Mike1609
Hi SS,

I have seen your previous post regarding the upgrading of the euro spec alarm transmitter using part SACC3507. I have an MY05 Euro import that has the M30 fitted and are looking to replace the separate transmitter with the UK Subaru key part but have a couple of questions:
1) My current Sigma transmitter has 2 batteries whereas the Subaru Euro key only has 1. Does this cause any problems with the UK Subaru key part?
2) Also, i would like to change the aftermarket bonnet alarm switch again to the one fitted to the Uk spec cars. Is this a straightforward swap as the current switch has only 1 wire connected to it, is this the same as for the uk spec bonnet switch?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Mike
Hi Mike.
1. Your quite right the SACC3507 (cap and PCB) only requires 1 lithium cell as this is already tooled into the bottom half of the ignition key housing - the Sigma PCB components are modified from those in the separate transmitter to run at this lower voltage, so there should be little difference in range. The smaller size of the cell however will reduce the total number of operations slightly.
2. Your current switch is likely to be drilled into a metal panel and the mounting screw provides an earth to the switch directly - the UK switch has a wire running to an existing earth point to prevent drilling of the vehicle.
The second wire on the UK switch provides the alarm with a negative input when the bonnet is raised - as will the single wire on your bonnet switch , so no need to re-wire
Part number for the bracket is SACC3532 (approx £20 from your dealer I'm afraid) and SACC3499 for the switch. A plug also connects to the bottom of the switch, but this is only available from the UK import centre - I would cut the plastic from the bottom of the switch to expose the pins and solder your wires directly on to these.

All the best,
SS
Old 04 September 2005, 09:52 PM
Mike1609
Scooby Newbie

Thanks SS,

Great info, it's much appreciated

Cheers,

Mike