Problem with Sigma M30

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2005, 12:25 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Sigma M30

Hello

I have a Sigma M30 fitted to my Supra, and it has suddenly decided to go crazy. When I switch on the car it makes a "Machine Gun" type noise and the alarm goes on and off. Obviously this means I can't start the car. The keypad on the inside of the window is unresponsive (it just flashed several times everytime I press a button) and the keyfob doesn't do anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,

Steve
Old 21 July 2005, 03:31 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by boxst
Hello

I have a Sigma M30 fitted to my Supra, and it has suddenly decided to go crazy. When I switch on the car it makes a "Machine Gun" type noise and the alarm goes on and off. Obviously this means I can't start the car. The keypad on the inside of the window is unresponsive (it just flashed several times everytime I press a button) and the keyfob doesn't do anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,

Steve
When you say "switch on" the car do you mean ignition on?
What do you mean by the alarm goes on and off - do you man the siren sounds and indicators flash or does the "machine gun" noise continue?
A repeated flash from the keypad LED means the numbers you are entering (presumably your PIN) are not recognised by the system.
If you can let me have some more info I shall do my best to help.
SS
If so can you et
Old 26 July 2005, 10:20 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

Thank you for your offer of help, having tried to elimate the car battery things are still not okay and my car is stuck!

Two videos of what happens:

http://www.sadandlonely.com/machinegun.avi (the noise the car makes!)

http://www.sadandlonely.com/alarm.avi

Thanks,

Steve
Old 26 July 2005, 12:30 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by boxst
Hello

Thank you for your offer of help, having tried to elimate the car battery things are still not okay and my car is stuck!

Two videos of what happens:

http://www.sadandlonely.com/machinegun.avi (the noise the car makes!)

http://www.sadandlonely.com/alarm.avi

Thanks,

Steve
Hi Steve,
Ok, well the machine gun noise is nothing to do with the alarm - its the starter motor solenoid clicking. The likely cause of this is a faulty starter motor/solenoid or more likely a flat vehicle battery - although you say you have already tried to eliminate this.
The alarm system's siren sounds whilst you attempt to crank because the vehicle's battery voltage is falling to such a low state that the alarm's battery back-up siren thinks it has had it's power supply cut. This is confirmed as when the siren sounds the indicators are not flashing - so not a genuine alarm trigger, just the battery siren kicking in.
Have you tried a new battery on the vehicle? If no better then I would try a new starter motor/solenoid next.
The fact that you can hear this clicking noise shows that the alarm system is functioning and the starter circuit is no longer immobilised.

The problem with the keypad I suspect is a separate unrelated issue- from the video it appears that the keypad is in a "Locked Out" state (several rapid flashes as soon as you touch the first button) - this occurs if three attempts at an incorrect PIN are made. The unit will remain in a "Locked Out" state for 30 minutes before another attempt to enter the PIN can be made.
Is it possible that you may have "Locked" the keypad in the 30 minutes before you shot the video?
If not, then it maybe that the keypad membrane is damaged (as a result of pressing the digits with a pointed object) - inspect it for dents in the surface which can simulate a button being repeatedly pressed leading to repeated "Lock Out".
I assume that when aproaching the vehicle the doors can still be unlocked with the remote and the alarm's dashboard LED illuminates constantly for 30 seconds following unlocking/disarming indicating the vehicle is no-longer immobilised
SS