Notices

auto arming of sigma alarm

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2005, 05:16 PM
petesmith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto arming of sigma alarm

Hi, just wonderin if anyone nows how to get the sigma (M30 i think) alarm on my classic my00 to rearm itself and lock the doors if you do not open a door on the car ie if the buuton had been pressed by accident it would just rearm itself. I had the main unit changed as it was faulty and i can remeber that the old one locking the doors and arming automatically after a few minutes.

cheers
Old 16 January 2005, 08:21 PM
petesmith
Scooby Regular

anyone???
Old 16 January 2005, 09:47 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Question

I thought that the re-arm (if no door opened) was a CAT1 requirement, so you may want to get the alarm installation checked!

Think it normally happens in about 30 seconds?

mb
Old 16 January 2005, 11:03 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

mine stopped doing it
Old 17 January 2005, 10:29 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

The Auto Re-arm feature is an optional feature on the Sigma M30 and is not a Thatcham requirement for Category 1 systems, however on the Subaru "standard fit" systems this feature is turned on after installation.
That this feature is no-longer working is unlikely to be an installation fault - I imagine that when your dealer has changed the alarm unit, it has not been programmed to assume the "standard" Subaru settings - if you return the vehicle to your dealer they should be able to activate the Auto Re-arm feature and I would also ask them to ensure that the utrasonic sensitivity has been correctly adjusted for your vehicle if they have omitted to select the Auto Re-arm feature.
For those of you that have not had the alarm unit changed, but have found that the Auto Re-arm feature has stopped working, I would imagine that the feature will have been turned off, possibly inadvertently, during a programming attempt.
I have seen the full programming tables posted on this and other sites (this does not compromise the security of the system as it can only be programmed within 30 seconds of disarming the system), but due to the extensive programming options and oportunity for mis-programming, this should only be attempted using the keypad (found in the glovebox or coin tray) if you are familiar with its operation.
If you are confident to use the keypad, the Auto Re-arm feature can be turned ON as follows: Arm and then disarm the system and then Within 30 seconds key in the following *17856*05*1## this will re-activate the feature.
Hope this helps.
SS
Old 17 January 2005, 07:04 PM
petesmith
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers for the help. Have just got the auto re-arm working again.
Old 19 January 2005, 12:19 PM
Keef69
Scooby Regular

Or just look it up on here!

http://www.wwwebcreations.co.uk/scoo...a_m30_info.pdf

Last edited by Keef69; 19 January 2005 at 01:27 PM.
Old 21 January 2005, 05:17 PM
olliecampbell
Scooby Regular

So if you have the doors open or the ignition on it will not arm right?
What happens if a window is open?
Old 21 January 2005, 06:29 PM
petesmith
Scooby Regular

If you open the door within the 30 second period the alarm will not rearm as its detected some activity as far as i can remeber.

Not sure about the window.

Originally Posted by olliecampbell
Old 24 January 2005, 11:17 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by olliecampbell
Talking about Auto Re-arm here..... when it is selected (as detailed in my post above):
If you disarm/unlock the vehicle, but do not open a door or the boot within 60 seconds (the Auto Re-arm time - adjustable) then the alarm will re-arm and the doors will re-lock.
If you do open a door or the boot following disarm/unlock, the system will not attempt to re-arm or re-lock. You will have to press the transmitter to do this in the normal way.
If you turn the ignition on, then you will have opened a door and the above follows.
If the window is down (assuming that the ultrasonics were disabled before you left the vehicle) then if you disarm/unlock the vehicle, but do not open a door or the boot within 60 seconds (the Auto Re-arm time - adjustable) then the alarm will re-arm and the doors will re-lock, however, the ultrasonics will be re-activated during this armed period. It is a Thatcham requirement that you have to "actively" disable the ultrasonic sensors on each individual occasion.

SS
Old 24 January 2005, 11:45 AM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

cant get mine to work.
they stupid keypad is a bit stickey. when i press a number its stays stuck to the contact.

Ray
Old 26 January 2005, 10:48 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

The keypad is a membrane type, and must be treated carefully (a new keypad with rubber buttons is on its way for new models mid 2005).
Try pressing the buttons using the rubber tip of a pencil, but NEVER a hard pointed object, otherwise the membrane will become damaged and then effectively continually make contact and the security system will see this as a series of incorrect PIN attempts and cause the keypad to "locked out" for 30 mins.
If your membrane is damaged in this way, it can be replaced separately - this should be done ASAP as you will not be able to enter your PIN whilst the membrane is damaged.
SS
Old 27 January 2005, 07:25 AM
Cov_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Sam,

The scooby I purchased has a sigma alarm, but I reckon the last owner gave the dog the remote as a toy (a bit worse for wear lol!!).

How do I go about gettin a new one?
Old 27 January 2005, 03:40 PM
Primeruss
Scooby Newbie

Default Replacement key fobs

Originally Posted by Cov_Scooby
Sam,

The scooby I purchased has a sigma alarm, but I reckon the last owner gave the dog the remote as a toy (a bit worse for wear lol!!).

How do I go about gettin a new one?
I have recently bought an Impreza Turbo Wagon PPP and it only came with one radio fob. But I have just bought 2 on Ebay. One was a Subaru branded one for 5.50 and the other was a sigma one which cost 1.75
Old 27 January 2005, 08:21 PM
Cov_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Primeruss
I have recently bought an Impreza Turbo Wagon PPP and it only came with one radio fob. But I have just bought 2 on Ebay. One was a Subaru branded one for 5.50 and the other was a sigma one which cost 1.75
Cheers
Old 03 February 2005, 07:37 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by Cov_Scooby
Cheers
Just be careful with the remotes from E-bay ,as only the later type with the replaceable batteries (the circular pod on the back) work on the correct frequency and have the correct encryption. Some of the early "domino" type with the green LED (NOT the red) could also be used, but these were manufactured as sealed units and have not been produced for 7 years, so their batteries will be past it.
Only the decal differs between the standard Sigma remote and the Subaru version, as you imagined, so no problem there! The Sigma part number for the correct remote is AC38 if it helps....and of course is also available from your Subaru dealer with the Subaru decal.
SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 03 February 2005 at 07:41 PM.