need help with clifford 600

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2001, 09:38 PM
dougies549
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lo peps

need some help with my alarm.

1.when it rains the sensor shows the bonnet has been left open.
2.due to the above cant alarm the car until the rain has dryed.
3.when hot at the weekend there the inteli start would not start the car up,had to wait 5 minutes till it had stopped playing about.
4.dealer that fitted the alarm has gone bust so have to pay to get it figgerd out,trying to save time by asking u lot.
5.stay in scotland

dougie+diana
Old 13 May 2001, 09:52 PM
ScoobydoobyDave
Scooby Regular

It shouldn't matter who fitted it, any Clifford distributer should be able to fix it under warrenty (If that is still valid of course)

Hope that helps

Cheers
Dave
Old 13 May 2001, 10:39 PM
dougies549
Scooby Regular

lo dave

i wish that was the case. they will do the work ,fit the de-fault bits under warrenty but would have to pay labour at roughly£35 an hour.its still under the warrenty though.
cheers dave.

dougie+diana
Old 14 May 2001, 01:38 AM
ScoobydoobyDave
Scooby Regular

Red face

Im sure that isn't right you know, they should charge Clifford for the work not you!!

Im going to be speaking to my mate tomorrow who runs a stereo shop in Watford i'll ask him and be able to tell you a definate answer tomorrow.

Cheers
Dave.
Old 14 May 2001, 09:21 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

It is a warranty job, so anyone should do it. Phone clifford (number's on their website
Old 14 May 2001, 10:19 AM
Rajd
Scooby Regular

This is a common fault with the Clifford 600 alarm system. It is caused by rain getting on to the bonnet sensor and triggering a false alarm. Happend to my car a couple of months ago. According to my alarm installer, the problem is caused by heat from the engine melting the grease that is used to protect the bonnet sensor from rain.
The solution is very simple: reapply some grease to the suspect area. You may need to do this every six months.

Raj
Old 14 May 2001, 01:20 PM
ScoobydoobyDave
Scooby Regular

Hi, I spoke to my friend today (Appoved Clifford installer) and like the other two replys have said, the bonnet sensor is a commen fault and greasing it will normally solve the problem.

As for warrenty work, if the alarm does not work due to a fault with the fitment then yes you will have to pay to get this rectified, but if it is a problem with the brain or the components Clifford will pay.

the Intelli start problem is probably due to the set up of it (i.e how much time it gives the engine to crank etc..) so that should be able to be sorted too

Hope that helps

Cheers
Dave
Old 14 May 2001, 09:52 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Question

Does this set the full alarm off,or just the proximity alarm?
Old 14 May 2001, 11:40 PM
dougies549
Scooby Regular

lo 555 boy.

no it dosent set the alarm of or the proxy.the only prob is when i go to arm the alarm it wont arm up.

thanks to dave,chiak,rajd seems i am resinged to the fact that i just have 1 of those faults i need to keep on top of.

thanks for the help lads.

dougie+diana
Old 15 May 2001, 12:59 AM
Chris.Palmer
Scooby Regular

I've occasionally had the bonnet switch problem after driving through really heavy rain.

Upon being armed the alarm should disable the faulty sensor giving warning chirps but still arm all the other sensors.
Old 18 May 2001, 06:16 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

Damp bonnet switches are not a fault with the Clifford alarm, they're a fault with the inept installer who put them in the wrong place. Grease is for anticorrosion properties on the switch contacts only, providing no long term solution. As the switch inputs on Clifford ecu's are FET input types, they require naff all continuity between the input and ground to trigger them, so any competent installer will install something like a 1k ohm pull-up resistor on the bonnet switch circuit to combat any moisture related problems. Not enough installers have any kind of electronic background in my opinion. More should have.

Regards,

Max
Old 19 May 2001, 05:03 PM
dougies549
Scooby Regular

lo max

not really that electronicaly minded but will speak to u next week about this, cheers for the info though,will ask drivers in glasgow and see what they think of this idea. at the moment the bonnet switch is place at the front of the car on the pillar above the lights.

chris p.
thats what i thought the alarm should do as well but guess what m8,it dont. cheers any way m8

dougie+diana
Old 19 May 2001, 10:26 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Had the same problem on my 500 system for months. Had the switch re-greased twice then moved, still went off. Was going for the resistor solution but Craigmungos changed the switch for me (Plastic coated, not bare metal) and touch wood not had a problem since, even after jet washing it Failing that, take Max's advice. I've heard he is the King when it comes to Scoobies and Cliffords
Old 20 May 2001, 07:59 PM
Clarey
Scooby Regular

My bonnet switch triggered the alarm for the first time last monday. I had been driving in heavy rain all morning.

Regarding heat in the engine bay, i popped the bonnet after a drive in the recent hot weather and had trouble putting the bonnet stay in place as it was burning my hands any grease would have melted right off the bonnet switch.

Phil.
Old 30 May 2001, 10:49 PM
kenny.c
Scooby Regular

I've had this fault once before but i got the
roblem sorted by the dealer foc no labour charges.