Notices

MICROSCAN & FITTING

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2001, 09:47 PM
bazil2582
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has anyone fitted a MICROSCAN alarm to their scooby?? i know it aint thatcham approved but for £200 i thought it was not bad.

is there anyone in scotland who could fit an alarm system for me once iv made up my mind what to buy???
Old 11 May 2001, 01:10 AM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

get a thatcham approved one it might be able to keep your car where you left it a bit longer
Old 11 May 2001, 09:32 AM
GavinP
Scooby Regular

Not to mention probably get a discount on your insurance....
Old 11 May 2001, 02:29 PM
bazil2582
Scooby Regular

cheers for the replies but how much discount does a Thatcham 1 alarm system get??

say im paying about £1500 a year just now and im 19 yrs old with just under 2 yrs no claim.

is it a fixed % discount that id get??

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by GavinP:
<B>Not to mention probably get a discount on your insurance....[/quote]

Old 11 May 2001, 11:46 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Not sure about actually getting a discount - its normally a case of "we won't insure you without it." Your deal sounds pretty good to me - not many people will insure you if you are under 25 for semi sensible money either, who's it with?

Back to the alarm - you should be able to get a Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser system fitted by an approved fitter for £300-350 so I think going the extra is well worth it considering how many Scoobies are targeted by professional thieves. Its nice to have a few extra features to play with as well. Not heard of microscan so can't comment.
Old 12 May 2001, 05:26 PM
bazil2582
Scooby Regular

microscan alarms have every gadget possible!!! thats why they are not approved cos there is so many gadgets!! they have stuf that clifford and toads dont. but they are not cat 1 or 2 approved which is a pain.

my ins is with a student company called endsleigh as i am a 19 yr old student. that will come down to about £700 pa wen my 2 yr no claim is up in june. not bad but could be alot less!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Boost II:
<B>Not sure about actually getting a discount - its normally a case of "we won't insure you without it." Your deal sounds pretty good to me - not many people will insure you if you are under 25 for semi sensible money either, who's it with?

Back to the alarm - you should be able to get a Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser system fitted by an approved fitter for £300-350 so I think going the extra is well worth it considering how many Scoobies are targeted by professional thieves. Its nice to have a few extra features to play with as well. Not heard of microscan so can't comment.[/quote]

Old 16 May 2001, 09:21 PM
craigamungos
Scooby Regular

Red face

Microscan aren't thatcham aproved because there crap!!!. Sorry but it's true what has it got that Toad or Clifford haven't. In all seriousness if you want a budget alarm then get a budget car because you won't keep the scooby long with that on. I have my own company and if you want a proper quote then give me a E-Mail but bewarned i don't fit crap.
Old 17 May 2001, 12:47 AM
bazil2582
Scooby Regular

cheers craig, finally someone tells me what i want to know.

can u tell me in an email why they are crap?? i dont wana fit crap but i dont wana pay a fortune, but at the same time id like my insurance to come down.

what company do u own?? can u email me please.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by craigamungos:
<B>Microscan aren't thatcham aproved because there crap!!!. Sorry but it's true what has it got that Toad or Clifford haven't. In all seriousness if you want a budget alarm then get a budget car because you won't keep the scooby long with that on. I have my own company and if you want a proper quote then give me a E-Mail but bewarned i don't fit crap.[/quote]

Old 17 May 2001, 08:59 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

Bazil,

I`ve got a microscan m8 an aven`t had any probs with it. Does wot it`s meant 2, has perimeter alarm (dual channel microwave),
twin immobilizers, alarm condition pager,
fuggin loud sounder, bla bla bla. Mail me off line

Pete
Old 17 May 2001, 09:25 PM
bazil2582
Scooby Regular

Talking

pete,

i tried to email u but it didnt work. it did not recognise ur email add.

please email me at barry_watt@hotmail.com as i would like to speak to you more about the alarms.

cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by teknopete:
<B>Bazil,

I`ve got a microscan m8 an aven`t had any probs with it. Does wot it`s meant 2, has perimeter alarm (dual channel microwave),
twin immobilizers, alarm condition pager,
fuggin loud sounder, bla bla bla. Mail me off line

Pete[/quote]