Notices

Removing Doorlocks on 5 Door Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2001, 02:02 PM
James Ross
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Some scumbags tried to nick my 5 door turbo a couple of days ago. The did the usual damage and have left a broken doorhandle, mangled lock-barrel and holes in the skin. I think a new skin will be needed to restore to original condition as there is nothing much to fix the barrel to. However, I was wondering if anyone had done away with the locks and relied on their remote Central locking to get in? Do the rear door handles fit the front doors (no key-hole)? If so I may not need a new skin. The idea of no locks appeals to me as this seems to be the main point of entry to scoobys (or any car!!?). It would also save me the cost of the lock as I am trying to avoid a claim on my insurance. (I know I will have to do the other door but that can be done at a later time)

Any speedy replies greatly appreciated as the car will need repair as soon as possible.

James
Old 17 January 2001, 08:50 PM
craigamungos
Scooby Regular

Talking

Not 100% sure but i think that your rear handles are the same as the front, so all you need to do is get a pair of rear handles.
Sorry to hear some scum has tried to nick it.
Old 18 January 2001, 10:42 PM
KF
Scooby Regular

Mmm. This has been discussed before, and I think that the call was that the front and rear handles did in fact differ. I know for sure that :
Andrew Burt
Stratford Road
Wootton Wawen
Solihull
B95 6AS
Tel: 01564 794455
Subaru dealers will blank the locks for you, and weld in some metal to prevent any coat hanger antics. Give em a buzz...
KF.