Laserline alarms

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2004, 11:36 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laserline alarms

Hi All,

I have had a laserline class 1 alarm fitted and I think the guy butchered the install to be honest.

I understand that a cat 1 re arms itself every two minutes etc but is it correct that should I stall it, i have to turn off *everything* lights etc included to be able to start it again. Is this correct behaviour ?FFS I didnt even get a manual for the god forsaken thing.

If fitted properly to a 94 WRX JDM car, can it be utilised with motors etc to do central locking ? Does anyone know how to just check the thing is working ?

If im just sitting in the car with the keys in, and at any setting except off or on (in motion) the thing goes off ? Is this correct.

Also the stereo doesnt turn off when you turn off all the power, even remove the keys. Does this sound like a bodge install ?
Old 13 April 2004, 10:22 PM
luddite dave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hiya Laserline do a L996 old model and L291 new model both have full central locking capabilities,passive arming and immobilisation functions.The alarm only passive immobilises when the door is left open and ignition off for more than 30 seconds if the door is closed then the alarm will fully arm shortly after.If you do stall the car as long you turn the ignition on before it passively immobiles you can start it up straight away without turning every thing off.If it does passively immobilise simply turn the ignition on to the position before start then press the arm/disarm button once on the remote and alarm led should go out then the vehicle should start.To test the alarm functions simply arm the alarm then open a entry point on the car within the first 40secs of arming and the siren will give you a test tone to confirm correct operation.