Notices

Clifford alarm query.

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2002, 09:44 PM
Graham H
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a clifford concept 300 fitted to my car.
It was fitted by an approved dealer and I have a cert. stating the alarm to be a cat.1.
I have had the alarm for over a year now with no problems.

However at the weekend i discovered by mistake that the bonnet is not alarmed. ie I armed the alarm and the bonnet was not fully down. If I try to arm the alarm with a door not closed fully or the boot open it gives a different warning churp, but with the bonnet not fully down the alarm armed normally?

I looked and could not see any switch under the bonnet.
Surely for a cat.1 alarm the bonnet should be protected, after all the actual alarm is fitted under the bonnet at the bulk head.

Any body else got the same alarm? Is your bonnet alarmed?

They also charged extra for remote locking and a turbo timer.
Said i needed somthing for the cental locking I am not sure whether this is correct either?

Thanks in advance,

Graham.

Old 23 September 2002, 09:59 PM
mark@wrx
Scooby Regular

Graham, I have the same alarm and yes the bonnet has a switch on it. Without going into too much detail (never know whos reading this), you should be able to see the switch easily. As for remote locking, this is a built in option along with a whole host of other tricks. These are either programmed in to your requirments when fitted or you can choose your own via the code buttons and manual.I know that external proximity sensors cost extra, but remote locking is already there. Not sure about the turbo timer part.
Old 24 September 2002, 12:07 AM
Rich Tee
Scooby Regular

I also have a concept 300, when it went in to have intellistart put on it, the fitter noticed that there wasnt a bonnet switch there and fitted it for me free of charge,

i know mine was done by a guy calling himself an approved fitter and i have the certificates but it is not up to the standard that clifford would be proud off !! (wont go into any detail)

remote locking is standard, turbo timer is basically timed ignition hold wich i think is a standard feature of the alarm, just needs programming in,

would suggest u email clifford, you may find that a fitter will do these bits under warranty foc

Rich
Old 24 September 2002, 08:10 AM
fastfox13
Scooby Regular

The Concept 300 has central locking facility / outputs but may need additional relays or a door solenoid to suit the car - this maybe where the additional charge was from. As for the turbo timer again the Clifford has outputs but these can be used to work anything -boot release, headlight activation, windows, etc. depending on the type of accessory wanted again may need other items to be installed hence further charges.
Hope this helped.
Old 24 September 2002, 12:29 PM
Graham H
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies,

I have spoken to the company who installed the alarm and they have confirmed that the bonnet should be alarmed.
They have suggested it was either missed, or the switch is not functioning correctly.
Either way they have agreed to fix it.

Regarding the central locking, they had to fit an additional solenoid to work the locking, hence the extra expence.

Graham.