Notices

Residential Areas

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2001, 06:15 PM
my99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gents & Ladies

Please keep the speed down in residential areas. Some idiot has left my wife and I heartbroken by running over my Lilac Burmese cat, she was only 3yrs 4 months. I am having great difficulty in coming to terms with this, and hate to think that next time it could be a child.

Garry
Old 15 December 2001, 08:08 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Question

I don't really know if this requires a reply, but was it a speeding car that killed your cat?

Also from your posting, was it someone on this board??

The dangers of speeding in built up areas is all too obvious, although there are idiots who do practice this form of driving.

Just again, I'm a little confused as to why this was posted here.

I'm sorry Garry if I've missed something along the way.

...John
Old 15 December 2001, 08:37 PM
cosmic
Scooby Regular

me to was it a subaru that knocked the cat down
Old 15 December 2001, 08:46 PM
my99
Scooby Regular

John

This is by no means directed at anyone within Scoobynet, just a reminder to ALL of us that there is a time and place for it.

I aplogise if I've offended anyone with this posting.

Garry
Old 15 December 2001, 08:49 PM
cosmic
Scooby Regular

no probs mate
Old 15 December 2001, 10:25 PM
sasim
Used to work here!!

I don't think any offence will be taken by anyone, it's just a bit strange you starting this thread on here. If it is just you having a little rant to make you feel better then that's OK (I've done it myself!!)

I for one have never condoned speeding in any built up areas, and I don't know of anyone within the Scotland Scooby community who does, although there are always some people who do (like the to88er in a BMW 530 who overtook me the other morning in a residential area when I was doing 30 [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img])

I'm a bit concerned about where this thread is going to go (into the gutter probably ) but I'll leave it running for now

Stuart

Old 15 December 2001, 11:02 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Smile

No worries mate. I didn't take it as finger pointing note, nor was I offended. Just confused.

I agree with your point. There are far too many 'chancers' out there, who always walk away from an incident, with the innocent being hurt.....

.....nearly joined you on the soap box

Cheers....John
Old 16 December 2001, 10:45 AM
my99
Scooby Regular

To All

The only reason I started this here is that we all drive high performance vehicles that need a level of self control, as they can break any speed limit with little effort.

I am lost as to why this has happened and only hope that some good comes of it, ie some of the Merc and Volvo Estates in my street slow down. They wont though until something happens to them.

I wish you all a merry Xmas.

Garry

Old 16 December 2001, 12:01 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Red face

Seen as this is the rant thread, I'll join in

My journey to get the shopping today:

30 zone
Overtaken by a car I assume is owned by an MSP (No plate gives it away) (I'm doing 30)

50 zone
Aforementioned car continues at same rate, come to a roundabout where the Merc does not signal at all
Heading towards traffic lights, they change to amber, then red, then the car goes straight through them

Ever wish you had a camcorder in the car? some people are obviously above the law [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 24 December 2001, 10:02 AM
D Noble
Scooby Regular

I will add my tuppence worth as i have seen this type of "tragedy" from both sides of the fence.
I too lost a much love cat when a neighbour ran over mine in a culdesac when i was a kid ,he was sort of excused cause he was looking out for all the kids instead of a mad cat sprinting across the road.

on the other hand one of my cat loving staff crashed her car while trying to avoid a cat causing £1000 pounds worth of damage but saving the silly sods life
i have reminded her that the highway code takes a dim view of swerving to avoid small animals and if it happens again she better just run over the little Barsteward!!

sorry for your loss,but how sorry would you be if he swerved and hit a kid???

seasons greetings

D
Old 25 December 2001, 10:55 AM
keith cowie
Scooby Regular

CATS SHOULD BE ON A LEASH THE SAME AS DOGS
IF NOT THEY WILL GET RUN DOWN AND CAUSE ACCIDENTS
Old 25 December 2001, 11:55 PM
John Stevenson
Scooby Regular

Delete, or Muppet !!!! Cats are free roaming 'wild' animals, so they takes their chances !!
Old 26 December 2001, 12:15 AM
Neil XR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quite right, dont need to report an accident if u hit a cat, but u do if u hit a dog, hit many pheasant with van in 3 years of travelling
Old 26 December 2001, 01:13 AM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
I, as of now, totally agree with this post as I have phoned home to find someone (boy racer who lives near the house, drives a Nova, etc) tried to run our cat down on the road in Kingswells tonight whilst going well over the speed limit (ie crossed onto the other side of the road to try to hit her). The whole thing was seen by a friend who shouted at the drivers and got "a middle finger" for her trouble.

WARNING: I know who you are and I will have your nuts on a platter when I get home you pre-pubescent sack of s##t!

Sorry, rant over

Russell ( don't condone unnecessary violence in any way but it is okay as THIS IS NECESSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)