Notices

Cameron House Barbeque - 16 September

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2001, 12:12 AM
leaskc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all

Good to see on all the various threads that there is strong interest in this once again...

I've been moving house recently which is why there hasn't been much news about it, but I'm back now, and on the case once again

Those of you that I have on my "official" list so far (32 of you!!!) should have been emailed today, but I know that my list is incomplete, looking at the threads. If you haven't received an email from me confirming the numbers then please send me an email (offlist) to
Old 02 September 2001, 11:00 PM
leaskc
Scooby Regular

Just thought I'd point out that I'm currently expecting something like 31 cars and 60 people - the biggest Cameron House BBQ ever

Any more takers for a bit of Scottish hospitality?!

Cameron
Old 03 September 2001, 12:33 PM
alter_ego
Scooby Regular

Smile

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by leaskc:
<B>
Directions to the hotel can be found at
Old 04 September 2001, 08:16 PM
dougies549
Scooby Regular

Lo all

Just remember i like my steaks middium rare, and plenty of cheese on the burger's.

Please put scottish menace at the back of the grub cue(there will be none left other wise).

Looking forward to a great day.

Dougie+Diana :d
Old 10 September 2001, 08:56 PM
leaskc
Scooby Regular

Cool

I can't quite believe this....

I now have a list of EIGHTY (80) people and 40 cars who are expecting to
attend the Cameron House Barbeque next Sunday! You lot better turn up or
I'm going to have a big food bill to pay on my own!! ;&gt;

For those of you who have missed the details of this - We're having our
annual Scottish barbeque at Cameron House Hotel on Loch Lomond
(
Old 16 September 2001, 09:03 AM
Russs
Scooby Regular

Just on the off-chance anyone sees this before they go to the barby today;
Any idea of times for the afternoon drive?
I could prolly make it to Loch Lomond for mid-afternoon and fancy tagging along.

If not, whens the next meet up here?
Anyone doing a top marques night soon at Knockhill?
I'm running a nice new toy by aquamist and I'd like to give it some serious testing!!

Cheers
Russ
Old 16 September 2001, 09:11 AM
leaskc
Scooby Regular

Russ

Food is available from 12.30; we will be heading for Kenmore thereafter; people are free to leave when they wish but should be aiming to arrive at Kenmore (if they are coming that far with us) around 4.30

contact me (most people should be able to point you in the right direction!!) when you arrive.

regards

Cameron
Old 17 September 2001, 12:07 AM
Russs
Scooby Regular

Cheers Cameron, hope you all had fun.
Obviously I wasn't able to make it - got roped into to testing an airflow meter for a mate

Next time..........
Old 19 September 2001, 07:56 PM
RaymondH
Scooby Regular

Is nobody going to report on this meeting? Did you have a good day? Do tell......

Raymond (disappointed at being unable to go)
Old 19 September 2001, 08:33 PM
leaskc
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

It was a good day out and from the feedback I've received, everyone enjoyed themselves

In the end, 29 cars turned up (of which more later) including at least 1 P1, a 22B, 2(?) RB5s, a Catalunya, a MY00 Sport and a couple of MY01 WRXs - all the occupants seemed to enjoy the food at Cameron House which was up to it's usual standards as far as I could tell...

It was also good to meet the Irish contingent of four cars which had come over for the weekend and had put in an appearance at Knockhill the day before.

Most cars then headed for Kenmore although I gather that a nasty accident (not involving one of our cars, fortunately) held up a number of cars in the outskirts of Aberfoyle. Once at Kenmore there were speedboat rides (somewhat more exciting than last year's, I gather!!) and cruiser trips (somewhat longer than last years, I heard) although I suspect the most popular option was a cup of tea: the weather was good all day, but had started to turn colder by the early evening.

So, in summary, another successful event, I think?

The only downside was that a number of people who had committed to coming along couldn't make it - so we were down somewhat on numbers - and some of those people didn't bother to tell me they weren't going to come along.

I had, of course, booked the catering for the numbers of people that had said they would come along, which gave rise to a substantial difference between the cost they charged and the money I was able to collect. The hotel were able to reduce the cost, but not completely, and there is a small difference which will need to be made up. I'll be contacting the people who didn't let me know in due course, privately.

This minor matter aside, it seemed to be a good day out although I have to admit that I was a bit stressed out during the course of the day and by the time I got home I was ready for bed
Old 19 September 2001, 10:51 PM
dougies549
Scooby Regular

Lo Cameron

How goes it there m8.

I acctually said to Diana at the table on sunday that you looked very stressed.

Nae need to worry the day went off beautiflly that was some spread that was put on,three course meal,and for once i think Diana ate more than my-self.

First time that i have been to Cameron house, there was a lot of diffrent styles of scoobs there to see,but i must admit i was quite taken by the 360 modena, that was sexy.

The route was quite and interesting 1,the only trouble was i had to keep up with dave and derek.the three of us had a nice blast up to croft on the caber,and then an even better 1 down to the a9 from aberefeldy.

If it's like this every year then you have anothere 2 regulars.

Cheers for a great day Cameron.

Dougie+Diana (Catalunya)