Notices

What a nice day

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2001, 08:45 PM
Maxy_UK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys

Just to say had a great day at crail and for once it wasnt snowing.....

Also had a rather interesting drive back

Ian
Old 06 May 2001, 08:54 PM
Dave Brown
Scooby Regular

Talking

Can't believe how busy Crail was....plenty of top motors on display, plenty bargains at the trade stands too.

People were queueing for an hour to get on the strip...there was over 200 cars running on the 1/4 mile

Our meet at Kinross went well, I think there was 10 scoobys 4 Evo's & a Rover Coupe Turbo. We had a gentle drive down to Cupar but managed to get the foot down a bit once we got on the backroads

A big thanks to everyone that turned up & it was nice to see you all, I hope you will agree it was a top day. Hope everybody got home ok.

Dave
Old 06 May 2001, 09:12 PM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi all...

was great today... I arrived at about 11:30..
from dundee... followed the nova brigaide (6) for a while.. b4 blasting past them between St andrews and crail...

good to see the scoobs on the strip.. P1 and all... some nice wrxs there too...

I looked around to see if I could see u all parked up somewhere... looking in the wrong place i think though...

DBM MY99

[This message has been edited by SCOSaltire (edited 06 May 2001).]
Old 06 May 2001, 09:40 PM
sasim
Used to work here!!

Excellent day all round despite some minor mechanical problems.

Just noticed that I am fairly badly sunburnt.

Great to finally put some faces to names.

Stuart
Old 07 May 2001, 04:59 AM
slimshady
Scooby Regular

great day , weather was fantastic don't you agree guys !! nice to see so many scoobs , pity there was not many on the 1/4 mile !! oh and thanks again pete , see you in 2 weeks (hopefully)
slim
Old 07 May 2001, 09:35 AM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yip, woz a belter of a day, weather woz great, good turn out bla..bla...bla..
Had about eight cars turn up for the run from Dundee. 5 scoobs an a 3 fiat turbos. Had a good prompt run over to Crail. BTW nice try lads but don`t phuk with the scoobs when there`s twistys

Arrived @ Crail 1 scoob less, Steve`s gearbox went bang (welcome 2 the club)
Hope u get it fixed qwik Steve an it`s not 2 sore on u r wallet.

Got there early but it woz chocca block.
Strip woz mad busy, some nice metal there incl. almost every shape size and description of scoob u can think of, a couple of nice TVR`s, a well max`d MR2 alien and some kewel EVO`s. (John EVOjkp sorry couldn`t find u to have a crack once i`d parked up).

Got some good pix which i`ll post up in the gallery real soon they`ll also be upped on crail thrashers group (BTW Dave do u wanna buy a new set of tyres )

Good 2 c u all again an sorry to all u we didn`t c, maybe next time eh ? Cheers for the crack Maxy, slim, 3D, DaveReid (hope u got petrol), Gaz, Steve, Dek an evey1 else I gassed with.

Q¿Q L8 k
Pete
Old 07 May 2001, 10:25 AM
DR Motorsport
BANNED

What a great day! I've got a nice bit of sunburn to my nose now.
Didn't go for the strip, too busy, but at least it gave me a chance for a good blether with folk.
Most impressed with the 3 Scoobies on the oval, but sod having to clean the cars later, that would take about a week in itself, especially Gary who had the windows then the doors open.
A big thanks to Dougie who helped me out with the petrol. On the run over from Kinross, I realised that petrol would be low, so I left the group and stopped at a garage after Cuper, only to discover that they only had 4 star-or whatever it's called now. By now the group was on a mission, but it was fun catching up. I don't think the guy in the blue Evo could believe how I managed it - but I've thought for a while that the Scooby was better on the right twisty stuff than the Evo I also have here.
Didn't realise the best bit of the day was still to come on the run home, eh Dougie / Maxy.
Scoobies 2, Cossies 0.

David

Trending Topics

Old 08 May 2001, 12:02 AM
Doogsy
Scooby Regular

Cool

Great day guys!
Unfortunately I missed the stuff with Dave and co. at the oval.
The mpg on the Crail Thrashers looks wild cheers for that John.
Didnae see anyone after I spoke to you in the queue!
I went back and got the Scoob and had a go on the 1/4 mile. Long waits initially but speeded up later on once the stopped the queue jumpers.
Best time 14.33 secs
Any good??
When's the next meet, see you all there
Doug
Old 08 May 2001, 08:44 AM
AndrewW
Scooby Regular

Red face

Hey David,

Happy to act as balast for your two runs

Could have done with some scooby support on the way home.

Sitting in the traffic jam on the way home, leading into Crail township, and had a car full of young hooligans behind me.

Anyway, the driver of the car leans out his window to hassle a guy and his (stunning) girl, who are walking down the footpath.

I saw him do it, and muttered something along the lines of 'd**khead'.

Bad mistake!

I was looking in the rear view mirror at the time, and he was looking at me. He might not have caught the words, but he definitely caught the meaning.

Him and his 3 mates were all out of the car and heading forward as a gap opened in front of me. I floored it, and they ran back to their car.

Now I'm no coward, but there were four of them, and I had my wife with me.

I was considering roaring up the wrong side of the road to get a way from them, as we got caught in the traffic again, and they clambered out of their car again.

Luckily the traffic started moving again, and thankfully this took us in to town and the relative safety of the police.

Once again, luck was on my side as we went left and they went right.

What a day, and I thought all the excitement was going to be on the track ...

Andrew.
Old 08 May 2001, 12:25 PM
ScottishMenace
Scooby Regular

Yes guys a great day but John(EvoJKP)and I have no sunburn cos we spent half the day in our cockpits watching these little scumbags skip the queue onto the 1/4 mile before us. Then as expected when I had my virgin 1/4 mile sprint John blew......... me away - no twisty stuff there (Dave Reid) hehe. Worst of all John said he was taking my nuts (wheel ones I think!!) for his trophy cabinet.

Talking about NUTS - Dave Brown you must be the biggest nutter of em all on that oval - you must show me how to drive sometime lol.
But hey Mr Brown on the way home I did a nice job of burning up that cossie hehehe, so sorry Dave Reid you need to amend your score to Scooby 3 Cossies 0. Lost you at Cupar Mr Brown but I know you got home ok cos I was speaking to a friend of yours from Aberdeen with a WRX today in Falkland. He says something about you having to wash a car or someting (lol)
I got a poor 14.9 on the strip probably cos of my lousy driving, either that or Andrew and I need to lose weight. "A good start but a lousy finisher," funny I was speaking to a lovely lady called Diana who said the same about her man from Ayrshire - lmao, don't qite know what she meant though.
Anyway guys thanks for making my first Crail trip a day to remember and a special thanks to Andrews wife for being so patient whilst I kidnapped him for two hours as my 1/4 mile buddy.
Old 08 May 2001, 03:14 PM
Doogsy
Scooby Regular

Andrew you really must take of those PICK ON ME stickers
Old 08 May 2001, 09:17 PM
chunky_gsr
Scooby Newbie

Cool

Yes, another burnt napper here!

Enjoyed the run from Kinross to Crail immensely, watch out though Doogsy, there might not be a space next time!

A rather disappointing 14.9 was my best time, a bogged start, a slipping clutch and a fluffed change (all driver error!) to blame on the 3 runs I managed to get in (damn queue-jumping neds!).

Hope to do it all again soon.
Old 08 May 2001, 09:37 PM
ScottishMenace
Scooby Regular

Andrew sorry to hear about your trouble on the way home, pity it was not on the way up with a convoy of scoobs and our own secret "Evo" weapon to assist.

Chunky dont feel bad about your 14.9 I hit that twice and I am wielding nearly 250bhp in a superchipped MY00. Either that or we are both sh** drivers - lol
Old 08 May 2001, 11:01 PM
Dave Brown
Scooby Regular

Hey Menace

Aye..nice overtaking of the Cossie...

I went for it too...but some old codger in a blue Scooby was holding me up ....ran out of road

Ye up for the next Crail??

Crailthrasher
Old 08 May 2001, 11:10 PM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

I havent come across a Cossie on the road yet.

What sort of advantage should i look to be having over one?

all i did was take 5 or 6 novas (perhaps the same ones that u met Andrew...?)

Old 09 May 2001, 12:51 AM
Doogsy
Scooby Regular

FAO the Menace
How's the new brakes?
What did you go for in the end?
How are they performing?
Doug
Old 09 May 2001, 12:33 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hehehe...
Don`t even know if u r on here but if u are, who ever it woz in the wee red scoob with std rear wing I let out b 4 me (low red WRX) @ Crail. Nice try but get comfy with the scoob b 4 tryin it with 1 who knows
(that tractor fair buggered u up eh )BTW u can overtake more that 3 motas @ at time especially if only 1 in the middle`s a turbo I normally keep that **** 4 the strip but do make the occasional exception, as u know now Look me up next time u r there an we`ll do it again but on the strip

Pete

Old 09 May 2001, 01:34 PM
slimshady
Scooby Regular

Cool

pete ,
hope that you don't think that it was me!! . anyway i had bigger fish to fry ; ha-ha no doubt a few bikers will verify this !!
slim
Old 09 May 2001, 06:05 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

Slim,

Nah I know it wasn`t u coz i`d have @ least given u a chance :P Cheerz 4 the yap n that.
R u commin up 2 the next 1 with the mota? Me n the ladz r bettin how long it`s gonna b b4 u get her on the strip or oval

Q¿Q L8r m8
Pete
Old 09 May 2001, 10:14 PM
dougies549
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hello all,

Glad 2 c that everyone enjoyed themselves on sunday.

We had a most eventful day - eh david

First of all we picked maxy up,still in bed when we arrived and ended up late due to him . Had a good blast up 2 Kinross with David Reid playing with us , mind u good to follow with his radar detector

From Kinross over to Cupar nice gentle sedate drive managing to pass a few cars but from Cupar to Crail was a cracking road. Only passed Chunky on that road then got stuck behind Euan in his my01, boy that car can shift but he did have a cat up his a*s (scooby sport) the whole way Did try to get Dave Brown to push it a bit but came to the conclusion that Karen was the better driver or he was out for a sunday drive

Got to Crail, had a great day and took some cool piccy's which I have posted on crail thrashers. Imagine Dave A trying to race John in his Evo (no, wonder he is called scottish menace)

DAVID REID MANAGED TO RUN OUT OF PETROL - that was the best 90 mins i spent trying to get petrol from 5 miles away hehe haha hehe (bring a petrol tanker next time David or remember to leave your keys for the less fortunate people who have to STAND and wait).
but all is forgiven as we will always remember that run back to Livingston BOY THAT WAS FUN - Scoobies 2 - Cossies 0 but boy those cossies were quick but scoob drivers use their brains and easily outsmart them at roundabouts and corners (white smoke from exhaust when we were finished with them)

Looking forward to the next meet - preferably with some cossies in tow

Oh and Pete we have sussed out your question mark - 3D - Q¿Q L8r m8

Dougie and Diana

[This message has been edited by dougies549 (edited 09 May 2001).]
Old 09 May 2001, 11:00 PM
ScottishMenace
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Doogsy:
<B>FAO the Menace
How's the new brakes?
What did you go for in the end?
How are they performing?
Doug[/quote]

Got the Diamond Combi discs and mintex pads. A big improvement, sorry a BIG BIG improvement. Pads are a little squeaky around town but with my ICE dont hear a thing - lol.

Old 10 May 2001, 11:46 AM
slimshady
Scooby Regular

Cool

very , very funny pete , you obviously don't know me !! i usually do bite ma' man ; but there is a time and place for it !! but don't worry you will get your chance . it was far too busy for me on the 1/4 mile , hopefully next time, then i will have the scalp of another WRX .
ps your story about your gearbox and not being able to tow a scooby DID put me off a wee bit.

slim