Notices

Lotus K/hill Evening 20th

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2001, 05:17 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

thanks to TuT for letting a few of us take part last night .incredible turnout,did not realize they let as many cars out at the same time.the two cars from England were delighted that you managed to squeeze them in.
i understand that there where a few complaints of aggresive overtaking by some 4wd cars through the bends,although the track marshalls seemed happy enough,i even quizzed one at the end,but have to say that there is not much between a standard Scoob and Elise up the K/hill straights and unless someone is willing to side up and ease off,it has to come down to the brakes and handling,i tried backing off for a few laps to let slower cars get a lead only to get passed by other cars that where fast on the straights slow through the bends.
i was surprised to hear of the complaints as there was a number of times we thought cars where letting us through they were so wide round the corners and can only thank them for using their mirrors if this was not the case.
my two moments of the night were at the end of the start/finish straight when the brakes decided they had enough(could not get uprated pads in time),managed to hold it but almost ran out of track and when the Skyliner spun in front of me at Clark,they take up some track when they are sideways .
great night and fun was had .
thanks again.

john
Old 21 April 2001, 06:37 PM
RobMac
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

THAT'S why I saw about 30 Elises in convoy along the A8000 last night as I drove home from Knockhill!!

Should've arrived earlier and got Tiff Needell to drive you around the circuit

Rob.
Old 23 April 2001, 12:06 AM
JohnS

Rob,

you should have hung around. They had the Noble M12 there, and I managed to get a few passenger laps in it whilst the track was closed. Very entertaining.

Great weekend with the Lotus guys, driving all over Scotland as well.

Knockhill was great fun, as for the first time I wasn't organising, so could relax and enjoy plenty of passenger laps.

John - I believe that you weren't issued with a copy of the rules and etiquette guide Tut sent out to the participants, describing the acceptable behaviour on the track. At the briefing (can't remember and your friends attended or not), the marshals stated that for most of the cars this was their first time at Knockhill, and for about 1/3 of them, their first time ever on a track, and to exercise lots of caution, have plenty of patience, and strictly no racing, overtaking on corners, or under braking.

I was asked by several of the Lotus owners who the offending cars were, and after discussion with the marshal on the pit lane, was asked to have some "words of advice" with them regarding their behaviour.

Luckily, no damage was done, and they were all on a high after a fantastic weekend, and so we'll still get invited back to the next noe
Old 23 April 2001, 11:47 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Wink

JohnS,
never got TuT's program for the evening,we did not even know we were meant to be there as early as 4:30,our aim was to be there for 5:30 but we were running late.
have since read TuT's rules and next time i'll flash at slower drivers (must be why scoobs eat bulbs ),and will tell the others to do the same,but we will also try to make the breifing.
when is the next scooby/lotus track day at K/hill?

john