Notices

Scoobys NOT Selling ???

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2004, 08:48 PM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scoobys NOT Selling ???

Well guys i have had my lovely 5 dr UK Turbo up for sale for comming on 7 weeks now and only had 1 (ONE) phone call and 3 e-mails and oh yes a guy with a written of Golf Gti wanted to p/x plus cash but car data checked his car and found out the history thank F**K.

Anyway this has got to be the hardest car i have EVER tried selling and i have had modded Cossies the lot but this is REALLY trying my good nature £7,495 ono for a MINT MY98 S Plate in silver why not selling ANYONE lol.

Pongo555
Old 26 May 2004, 08:00 PM
Franx
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Pongo555
Well guys i have had my lovely 5 dr UK Turbo up for sale for comming on 7 weeks now and only had 1 (ONE) phone call and 3 e-mails and oh yes a guy with a written of Golf Gti wanted to p/x plus cash but car data checked his car and found out the history thank F**K.

Anyway this has got to be the hardest car i have EVER tried selling and i have had modded Cossies the lot but this is REALLY trying my good nature £7,495 ono for a MINT MY98 S Plate in silver why not selling ANYONE lol
Pongo555
I imagine you've tried lowering the price? - that said, it sounds like a very good price to me already.
Cars are bloody impossible to sell, in my experience, unless they're priced ridiculously low, and have every extra possible.... I sold my old Range Rover in about two weeks, but then I got about 300 odd quid less than I wanted, and just sold to the first person who came along - a guy known to the previous owner. Otherwise, I'd still have it, and would have spent a lot more on insurance, adverts, and maintenance.....
Get the first bod who turns up, and lower the price until they buy it, imo Tis the only way....unless you trade it in, or sell to the garage, but they give you next to nothing
Old 27 May 2004, 06:39 PM
mike16v
Scooby Regular

exactly. I wanted £3k for my VR6... ended up taking £2.5k and that was by calling someone back who (I felt) took the **** by offering £2.3k when they viewed it. After laughing saying I'd stick to £3k, I realised it would be easier to sell your 3rd kidney than sell a car at the moment, I phoned him back and managed to get him to £2.5k.

I felt gutted to have sold it for £500 less than I wanted, but what the hell, it got rid of the car - the longer I had it and advertised it, the more pissed off I was getting.

It's a buyers market remember.

Why not go round garages seeing what they will give you as a trade in for it. Then advertise it privately at this price. At the end of the day, you'll end up better off cos you'll be able to haggle about £500 off the price of whatever car you want next cos you've got no trade in, so technically you got the trade in price + £500.

If you want rid of a car, drop the price so it's much cheaper than any similar cars on the go
Old 27 May 2004, 10:50 PM
halowrx
Scooby Regular

Hang in there mate, I just sold my scoob but it took a price lower to get the people looking

Got exactly what I wanted for it in the end, though im not sure how to deal with the sad loss lol

For a 1994 I got a fair bit more than most people in here are even asking !

Some chap is working in Aberdeen for a week from London decided he fancied one and bought it on the spot - half the time I think its just getting them to see the car..cash parts hands monday !

Got really P**sed off with sales calls and we can sell ur car calls though

Stick to that price and only drop if u have to - garages are a waste of time as they just give you B*ll, but Mikes right its a good baseline to follow
Old 28 May 2004, 05:01 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Mike16V,

Sorry you did not quite get what you wanted but at least it is away

Brian
Old 28 May 2004, 05:09 PM
foz01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mike16v
exactly. I wanted £3k for my VR6... ended up taking £2.5k and that was by calling someone back who (I felt) took the **** by offering £2.3k when they viewed it. After laughing saying I'd stick to £3k, I realised it would be easier to sell your 3rd kidney than sell a car at the moment, I phoned him back and managed to get him to £2.5k.

I felt gutted to have sold it for £500 less than I wanted, but what the hell, it got rid of the car - the longer I had it and advertised it, the more pissed off I was getting.

It's a buyers market remember.

Why not go round garages seeing what they will give you as a trade in for it. Then advertise it privately at this price. At the end of the day, you'll end up better off cos you'll be able to haggle about £500 off the price of whatever car you want next cos you've got no trade in, so technically you got the trade in price + £500.

If you want rid of a car, drop the price so it's much cheaper than any similar cars on the go
lol well you still made money
Old 28 May 2004, 11:54 PM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

Well will give it a go AGAIN in autotrader again as from today Friday lol so will see how it goes if it GO's lol

Pongo555

Trending Topics

Old 29 May 2004, 01:15 AM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

well have to say the only car i have tried to sell sold for the asking price the day i put it in the paper possibly luck.

it was a 1992 golf mettalic black full leather lowered on koni adjustables all round. had a gas flowed head and high lift cams. a decent cd player and speakers. i asked 1800 in the paper and got it although i must admit the car needed a fair bit done.

well mate good luck with the sale hope u have my luck.

ttfn ciaran
Old 29 May 2004, 01:18 AM
west lothian scooby
Scooby Regular

paul ,you should see if you can beat a 22b then see how many people come looking to buy it then!!!

stevie