Notices

Scots at NBO

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 2003, 09:18 PM
chrisyd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Crakin weekend, what a turnout, most incredible site to see hundreds of subaru's lined up row after row.

Campin was a good laugh on saturday night, had the scots scoobs on one side and heavily outnumbered by the english scoobs across the road, should have build a wall (lol). Had one to many beers and kebabs and felt a bit on the fragile side today. Dave (scotish menace) kept us well entertained an his wee yin. Reckon Gregg's (Trance) visa card was red hot today, lexus lights should be smashin though.

That rollercoaster in the park was smashin, three times i was on it, the rest of the park was a bit kiddy for me but the weather made the best of it.

Never spotted many of the scots contingent, didnt really hang on for long though as i barely slept in that £4.99 tesco value tent, talk about coustraphobic, especially when the missus is fartin all night and the blow up matress had a puncture.

chris
Old 15 June 2003, 09:22 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

especially when the missus is fartin all night and the blow up matress had a puncture
Is that cause she melted it??

Alan
Old 15 June 2003, 10:20 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

Didn't even know you were there m8!!

Seen the 'Menace' for a bit though!

Roller Coaster was well good fun. Cosmic was grabbing my arm and screaming all the way round!!!

My little parter for the day thanks everyone for making it pretty special for him.
Old 15 June 2003, 10:39 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yeah,

It was a belter of a day 2day. Me n my young lad r sufferin for it now like (sunburn phew, like u never seen b 4 ) Was a good day though, had a good gas & a larf wiv a good few of our English counter-parts. Good 2 b able 2 put faces 2 names (welll in some cases ) Totally burnt out though zero sleep since Friday night so I`m bout 2 hit the hay. BTW what happened 2 every1 on the way back, we seem to have gotten split up somewhere? Hope every1 made it home safe. Got some pix n stuff but that`ll ave 2 w8 4 now.

L8r peebs
Pete
Old 15 June 2003, 10:56 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

Pete seen you guys in the services but I was on my own by then as Colin, Dougie and Gordon had peeled off a few miles back.

Dropped my lad off then went straight for a pint!
Old 15 June 2003, 11:21 PM
ScottishMenace
Scooby Regular

An excellent weekend, the camping bit was great, how the hell Chris got in that tiny tent without actually laying on top of his girl I will never know hehe
Had to leave just before 2pm as wee Jordan had enough but not before I had a good look around the Scooby field. You think you have an awesome motor until you see what some other people have out there. Then its just want want want.
I reckon we are all a lucky bunch on Scoobynet, we get to drive top cars and keep great company.
Its times like these that all the little grumps about Scooby ownership disapear into insignificance. Thanks to all the people who helped make this a truely awesome weekend.

Dave Allan & Jordan

Old 15 June 2003, 11:35 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

Well said Dave, you could be our leader!!

Just imagine, we could buy old Saddam statues off Iraq and plant them in every roundabout in Falkirk!!

Nice cars but I am still happy with my old wagon that defo holds it's own amongst all the sheep in WR Blue!!

Trending Topics

Old 16 June 2003, 11:33 AM
trance
Scooby Regular

Yeah cracking weekend. Yeah chris was that tracey that was farting and snoring all night??. lol. Never saw any of the scottish clan apart from dave and chris. Had to invest in a set of lexus lights though, some good stuff at those stalls. Never got any fecking bulbs with it though!!. Was some really nice kitted out scoobys there.....visa limit would not stretch that far, me thinks.

gregg

[Edited by trance - 6/16/2003 11:35:14 AM]
Old 16 June 2003, 12:01 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

Gregg how much did you pay as a matter of interest as Rice Rocket and I were selling sets a while back.
Old 16 June 2003, 12:05 PM
scoobylav
Scooby Regular

Excellent Day.

Was good to put some more faces to names. Pete, I am with on the sunburn front, didn't realise at the time.

Never taken so many pictures at once but there were some great cars there.

Thanks to everyone for making it such a good day.

Pete, you were right, they don't convoy properly down south
Old 16 June 2003, 07:02 PM
Crush
Scooby Regular

Talking

Just imagine, we could buy old Saddam statues off Iraq and plant them in every roundabout in Falkirk!!
Old 17 June 2003, 03:11 PM
trance
Scooby Regular

Dougster,

Paid £190 quid for the lexus lamps. Just had to send the things back though. There was no fog lamp on the right cluster, no bulbs in the kit and the fit around the seals on the side panels was very poor. £20 to send them back as well!!!. There goes the good deal then ehhh!! They are sending out another set but if they are the same bad fit then i will be looking for money back. Not even half as good a fit as the original scooby clusters. If they end up coming back cack then a name and shame wil be on the cards.

gregg
Old 17 June 2003, 03:43 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Red face

Just had to send the things back though
Best thing to do with Lexus style Clusters mate

Naw seriously, sorry to hear you were ripped off [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] and hope it get's sorted out for ya

Cheers
Si