Notices

Buying a WRX

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2003, 11:33 AM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having hunted and waited and changed my mind numerous times I now may well be about to put a deposit down with JVS/Powervehicles in Loanhead to source me a WRX but thought I'd post on here as a last alternative :
I'm looking to get a WRX of one flavour or another (WRX/RA/STi)trying to pay no more than £7000.
Want a decent fairly standard car with 50k miles or so : anyone Edinburgh area selling or know of one for sale that might fit the bill ?
Also anyone else source their car from JVS and care to pass on their experiences ?

Cheers

Andy
(Edited to correct JVS's name due to poor typing)

[Edited by andyr - 2/26/2003 10:58:23 PM]
Old 25 February 2003, 04:49 PM
robinH20MRV
Scooby Regular

Talking

hi m8,

i know andy and peter at jvs, they are very nice, straight guys who love there motorsport, and supply top cars at a good price!!

i recommend them without reservation!!

cheers robinh20.......oops or is that rb5in
Old 25 February 2003, 08:52 PM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Cheers : Went in today and had a word with Andy as he's going across to the auctions next month and I'm just trying to decide on what exactly I want him to look out for and then hand pick me a Scooby woo hoo !
They had a 1992 RA in (now sold) that was only £5500 which seems a damn good deal. Probably will go for a nice wrx or sti.

Edited to add : Robin, have you sourced a car from Andy ?

[Edited by andyr - 2/25/2003 10:36:17 PM]
Old 26 February 2003, 07:43 AM
robinH20MRV
Scooby Regular

Wink

hi m8,

not me pesonaly, but two of my mates have!

cheers, rob.
Old 26 February 2003, 01:07 PM
EleanorBhoy
Scooby Regular

I HAVE A 94 WRX POSS FOR SALE IF INTERESTED ??
Old 26 February 2003, 10:59 PM
andyr
Scooby Regular

I may be about to agree with JVS to source a car for me but let me know (off line if you wish) your car's details inc price etc but the next 3 weeks or so are near to impossible to view anything due to shifts worked, working away from home etc.
Cheers
Old 28 February 2003, 01:46 PM
bazil2582
Scooby Regular

andy,

i also know the lads over at JVS. i got my RX7 from them, and what a cracking little car it is!!!

its for sale if ur interested - i reckon it will leave most WRX trailing behind quite easily

andy and pete are sound guys, and they wont get u any old rubbish. they know whats good and whats not, and like their mods so u will get something that u wont get over here.

i am also looking for a WRX mate, so we r in the same position. and i also enquired about that very CHEAP scooby on their website, sadly someones stuck a deposit down

but they are going over in a few weeks, so i have asked andy to get something "tasty" but "sensible" and bring it back for me as the rx7 is way too mad for my driving!!!!!!!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 28 February 2003, 08:39 PM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Just dropped in and gave Andy my deposit for a mildly modified WRX/Sti : nothing too dramatic just wheels, exhaust etc. Here's now waiting with bated breath until I get to see what is sourced for me in a couple of weeks time !
Old 28 February 2003, 09:41 PM
robinH20MRV
Scooby Regular

Talking

rx7 against my wrx?

cool, i do love a game, are you going to knockhill on the 8th?
hope to see you there, or a wee run in the country with a few other wrxs, i do hope we can keep up by the way, did you not crash the rx7 after 3 days and mash a wheel? and have never driven it since? hhhmmmmmmmmm?????????

cheers robinh20.

[Edited by robinH20MRV - 2/28/2003 9:48:38 PM]
Old 01 March 2003, 11:31 AM
bazil2582
Scooby Regular

yeh robin that was me

and guess what..............it wasnt even 3 days - it was 3 hours!!!!!

i kinda lost control when the 2nd turbo kicked in and off she went. escaped with a knackered alloy tho which was lucky. got new alloys coming on wednesday!!

i will prob be up at knockhill mate. i know i wouldnt beat u round the lovely bendy roads around knockhill, or infact on the track but i reckon 1/4 mile!!!

Old 01 March 2003, 12:25 PM
robinH20MRV
Scooby Regular

Wink

hi baz,

what kind of wheels are you getting? are you changing the tires? why not go for super sticky tires on the back? thus it may not step out so fast, i had a look at your rx7 when it was in jvs, it looks nice in the silver
so if you fancy showing me the way home, why dont we try crail next time i have never seen a rx7 in my rear mirrors b4! supras yes, but not a rx7 ,

cheers robin"see ya" h20mrv
Old 01 March 2003, 03:15 PM
bazil2582
Scooby Regular

robin,

was it you who got C1 YAA from jvs, the minted Veilside supra??
just that "see ya" bit u put got me thinking!!!

after reading ur mail mate, i take back what i said
although, gimme ten grand to spend on mine, and i bet u that you will be seeeing my lovely rear end!!! (the rx7's that is!!!)
but, if u took say a more standard WRX, lol, without all that modding, i reckon itd give it ago!! well - when i learn to drive that is!!!

who super sticky tyres would u advise?? i got bridgestone potenzas all round just now. im willing to give anything a shot, but i think it might need more than a change of tyres to keep the back end in!!!
i do have silly amounts of subs and amps which i had planned a crazy install with, but seeing as im considering selling it, i havent had that done. ur talking about 200kg worth of sounds tho which came out my scooby.