Notices

aberdeen meet tonight

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2002, 06:54 PM
wightey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glad to hear i am not the only one who is going to be needing to rob the bank in the near future. my whole keep it as it is plan is going to take a hiding i think.
the martin reg post was to GTIR martin, sorry infintity martin. i wish it had been at you as my car would instantly be a lot newer lol.
doug, mines was the L reg black one.
keith, thanks for the offer. i am away this weekend to edinburgh unfortunatley but will be free anytime next week if it still stands for then pls.
as for a TUT type long run home next time, definately sounds like a good idea. i will bring some earplugs though as some cars were certainly not quiet

[Edited by wightey - 7/4/2002 6:55:13 PM]
Old 04 July 2002, 12:43 AM
wightey
Scooby Regular

hi all,
just wanted to say thanks to john and co for arranging the meeting tonight and to say hi to all who attended.
it was good to get to put faces to names and see all your cars although my bank balance wont be saying that as i have too many ideas now. really liked that quick shift that was even shorter than mine. mmmm
all i need now is a run in some of them.
hopefully see you all around and i will be able to attend next time.
neil.

martin, did you notice your reg was just one number down from mine ?

Old 04 July 2002, 01:32 AM
doug_seiv
Scooby Regular

A good night was had by all I think Cheers to everyone and hope to see you all at future meets. Just dont expect me to remember all the names!
Old 04 July 2002, 01:36 AM
wightey
Scooby Regular

oops, missed out a "that" in my ability to turn up next time sentence. should have been that i hoped i would be able to come to the next one.
anyway, its late etc etc.
as for names , i am in with doug. not a clue but will remember cars. doug, was yours the nice blue one on the end
Old 04 July 2002, 01:52 AM
doug_seiv
Scooby Regular

Yeah thats me mate R u on Aol?
Old 04 July 2002, 01:53 AM
doug_seiv
Scooby Regular

Which one was yours mate?
Old 04 July 2002, 09:54 AM
JohnS

Talking

Yes,

thanks to everyone who turned up. Always nice to meet fellow owners and enthusiasts. Turn-out was better than I expected, whcih was a big bonus

I promise I'll try and wash my car for the next meeting.

Never any problems about giving people a run in my car, either around Aberdeen, or at Knockhill. We'll probably do a bit of this at the next meeting, when we start comparing mods to cars etc

It won't be long before everyone is saving for big brakes etc

Since last night was such a success, I'd say that we meet there the first Wednesday of every month, at the same time. This makes the next meeting on the 7th August, according to my diary.

See you all there, if not before (Knockhill and Kames before then!)

John
Old 04 July 2002, 10:46 AM
stage 1
Scooby Regular

LOL - sat behind you on the way home and still never realised!

hopefully you'll get my gatso mail then

Good meet but still annoyed that someone has racelines...... really want these for my cossie!

Martin
Old 04 July 2002, 11:53 AM
Keithp
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks to John for organising our meeting last night. Was a good night, good to see everyone! Looking forward to the next one, sorry Martin, was me with the Racelines!

Cheers Keith.

Wightey - no problems with taking you out sometime, this weekend if you fancy? You can try out the quickshift.
Old 04 July 2002, 11:59 AM
Infinity
Scooby Regular

Thanks John for a great evening

Maybe we could all follow Tuts example and find the longest route home

This might sound stupid, but hey I dont care. I thought Tut wearing no shoes was a joke. How wrong was I

Wightey, What Martin is the reg thing pointed at?

As for names, I have no chance either Will remeber the cars though.

Who had the Red Classic WRX with the AP brakes? Need to ask if I can try and fit one of my Diablos to your car to see if it will clear.

Oh God, here goes the bank balance.

Thanks again, and nice to see the people behind the cars

See you all again.

Martin
Old 04 July 2002, 12:07 PM
stage 1
Scooby Regular

Keith - your lucky - I also realised that scoobs use 5 studs not four ....... ya bugger ..... good choice though.

Martin
Old 04 July 2002, 01:01 PM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

Guys,

enjoyed last night, hope you all got home safely.

So busy looking at your cars, and trying to get some photos, forgot to ask about petrol...

Car's due for a service, and was thinking about getting them to reset the ECU for super unleaded while it's in (if T&C will do it?).

Any of you done this, comments etc?

Photos - thought I should mention that we got home last night and ScoobyLoobyLou mentioned the film's B&W. I'll post some once developed.

Mike.
Old 04 July 2002, 01:56 PM
JohnS

Mike,

T&C should reset the ECU for you without any hassle. It's a 2 minute job to do it yourself anyway with the connectors under the dash anyway.

Your car is one of the newer ones, so it should adapt to higehr quality fuel faster than the previous models, so in theory you don't need to do it, and all should be well after a tankful or so.

John (PS Optimax now available in Tullos!)
Old 04 July 2002, 08:44 PM
doug_seiv
Scooby Regular

I dont know about the rest of you folks but as I work offshore I wont be able to make the next meet. Im offshore on the 23rd July till 13th August and if we had the next meet on the first Wednesday in September or October I wouldnt make them either.

what about the rest of you folks anyone else have trouble with the meets due to work commitments???
Old 04 July 2002, 08:46 PM
doug_seiv
Scooby Regular

wightey , Ok yeah I remember your car mate My gf was particularly taken by it aswell!! haha I want the front spoiler! lol very nice car though maybe get a spin sometime. Did you mention you work offshore aswell???
Old 04 July 2002, 09:21 PM
ricco
Scooby Regular

Wink

A fine night was had.... Anyone take any pics???
Old 04 July 2002, 09:42 PM
doug_seiv
Scooby Regular

Ricco , you had the catalunya didnt you? Were you down the Beach after the meet?
Old 04 July 2002, 09:47 PM
ricco
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yeah, drove past on my way home
Old 04 July 2002, 09:50 PM
JohnS

Smile

Doug,

there were about 4 "regulars" who couldn't make last nights event, due to them working offshore. Living in Aberdeen, it's just something we have to work around, and we understand that not everyone will be able to make each event.

At least running them every 4 weeks means that you should in theory be able to make every 2nd event, if you haven't got holidays planned.

However, we do have two events between now and the end of July, including Knockhill on the 20th, and the weekend event at Kames on the 27th/28th, for which we'll have lots of Aberdeen owners coming along.

We are back at Knockhill on the 15th August, with a BBQ afterwards at the circuit, then Kames on the 1st September.

Also, we will have one of our very popular karting events in August, on a Friday evening (date to be decided, but announced very shortly!).

On the 7th September, there is the Scottish Subaru Spectacular event at Knockhill, being run in conjunction with Town and County and Knockhill. Track in use, demo cars to drive, off-roading, rally cars, show and shine competition, possible Prodrive attendance etc. More details when known.

The in the middle of September, we have the fantastic Isle of Man trip

At the end of September, we are back at Knockhill again for another Saturday morning session.

As you see, even if you miss the occasional local meet, there's plenty of other events that you can come along to

Cheers

John
Old 04 July 2002, 09:51 PM
toby69
Scooby Regular

Infinity, I had the red WRX with the AP brakes. Not a problem trying a wheel on my car to see if they clear the the brakes. Just let me know when and where would suit you and I will see what I can do

It was a great evening and only after reading this have I started to put the faces and names to the cars hope to see most of you at the next one.

If anyone wants a run in my car I'm going to be at Knockhill on the 20th July so if you can make it come alone for some passenger laps, and that will also help boost the money being donated to charity

Alasdair
Old 04 July 2002, 09:56 PM
doug_seiv
Scooby Regular

Talking

yeah yeah you were seen out for a cruise mate
Old 04 July 2002, 09:59 PM
doug_seiv
Scooby Regular

John ,

Yeah ok mate no problem Just have too see what I can manage to attend and what I cant.
Old 04 July 2002, 11:21 PM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

John,

thanks for the tip, where are the connectors exactly - don't want to disconnect something I shouldn't. Did you run your Terzo on super?

Ricco, I took a few photos, but haven't finished the film yet, oh and it's black and white. I could always colour in your wheels

Mike.
Old 05 July 2002, 09:43 AM
Keithp
Scooby Regular

Cool

Wightey,

No problem with next week, just let me know when you want to meet up. My email is on my profile. Have a good weekend!

Keith
Old 05 July 2002, 10:16 AM
JohnS

Mike,

there are two pairs of connectors underneath the dashboard on the driver side (green and black). They'll normally be taped or clipped up out of the way, and you just need to pull them down/release them.

Simply connect green to green, and black to black. Switch on ignition. You'll hear a few sounds (boost solenoid gets cycled, and cooling fan comes on), but this is normal. If the check-engine light flashes, then there is a stored fault code in the ECU (unlikely to be present if you haven't noticed anything).

Then simply start the engine, and drive for more than 10mph for about a minute (just use 1st and 2nd gear, and keep the revs below about 3k). Stop and switch off the engine, and disconnect the connectors again (you'll need a small screwdriver to press in the clips). Tidy them up out of the way, and your ECU is now reset.

These connectors are used for diagnostics, but can also reset the ECU.

It's a 5 minute (or less) job to do it by this method. It takes a Subaru dealer about 10 seconds with the select monitor.

John
Old 05 July 2002, 12:05 PM
Infinity
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers Toby69

I noticed by your profile you are in Huntly. That would be a good run for me. What about next week some time?

Thanks again

Oi! Wightey who you callin'
Infintity
I'll have you know my beach days are over (well almost ), I hope its nothing to do with the stereo in the boot

Old 05 July 2002, 04:28 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Bah! Trust my luck to be away when there is a cracking event on. Perhaps next time!

Only seen one Impreza turbo here in Italy, a 4dr silver MY01 cruising by the beach. I'm here working - honestly!
Old 05 July 2002, 06:18 PM
tut
Scooby Regular

Firstly, thanks to all you Scooby owners who always make me very welcome, despite me turning up in a blue rollerskate.

Although a dedicated Elise owner, my Scooby knowledge is getting considerable, and I did try to steer my wife towards an STI instead of the Ford Focus.

You probably do not know, but after I left, a couple of miles down the road, just out of earshot, the bolt connecting my throttle pedal to cable sheared, on a 90deg double white line corner, and left me stranded.

I called John who was on his way home, he picked up some nuts and bolts, and we did a temporary repair that got me home with no problem.

See some of you again at the next KH/Kames double header/ or SIDC meet.

cheers

tut (N1 TUT)
Old 05 July 2002, 09:58 PM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Wink

Glad to see a good time was had by all lucky Buggers

Got home tonight after sorting out the problems - sadly the car is in bits and the new rebuild + STi clutch + Bigger turbo + Link is well under way should be run in and ready to rock by late Sept

Never mind, See y'all at the next one!

Russell
Old 08 July 2002, 02:28 PM
SG
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry I missed this. Sounds like a good night was had by all. Just got back fom holiday. Hopefully make the next one.

Quick Reply: aberdeen meet tonight